1. The Sherdog Forums are currently experiencing technical difficulties, and we are working on it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Downtown Denver: Places to eat, watch the NFL playoffs, activities,etc

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Frylock, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Frylock

Frylock Brown Belt

Going to Denver for work related training starting this weekend throughout next weekend.

Been looking up good places to grab a bite to eat after my class, always appreciate suggestions.

I'll be at the Denver vs Baltimore game, but I need somewhere to watch the other 3 games, so suggestions are appreciated.

Also, anything fun to do at night, suggestions would be cool. I will probably avoid bars and such during the week as I have to get up early for my training class.

2. Dizzy

Dizzy \[T]/ Platinum Member

Don't know about your inquiry but I'm jealous as fuck you're going to that game. Enjoy

3. Uchi Mata

Uchi Mata Preaching the gospel of heel hooks and left kicks

It's going to be cold as f*uck for that game, but I still am jealous. Seriously, if you haven't checked the weather bring your heaviest coat, snow pants if you have them, thick gloves, and a good hat and scarf or preferably a balaclava. It's going to suck, and it's windy in the stadium.

As for places downtown, they're going to all be pretty packed, but Blake Street Tavern or Falling Rock are both good, especially if you like craft beer. If you want some really good pizza at a place that probably won't be that crowded, Marco's is a great coal fire pizza place that also has the distinction of being near Great Divide, IMO one of the best 4-5 craft breweries in the US.

4. Frylock

Frylock Brown Belt

Haha, I figured I was going to be there anyway, might as well go. Plus Peyton is technically my favorite player of all time, being a Colts fan.

yeah shit I know, i'm not looking forward to the cold. I was actually in Winter Park skiing over Christmas break so I'll just take all the winter stuff from that with me.

I figured most places will be packed, if the worst happens I'll watch it at my hotel bar or whatnot. But I rather find someplace. I'll right down your suggestions. I do love pizza! Unfortunately I don't/can't drink beer, lmao.

5. Dizzy

Dizzy \[T]/ Platinum Member

How's the atmosphere up there regarding the Broncos?

6. random nerd

random nerd Blue Belt

i have a denver question.
    can a random visitor go to one of those .... how do you say...store for plants...and get stuff?

im guessing no.

i dont think i will ever be in Denver, but with Manning there, i suppose there is a chance.
    im considering if it is worth it to go to the superbowl if Denver gets in.

7. nhbbear

nhbbear Duty Belt

On the wall, pissing off the edge of the world
    In befor the answers become predominantly about weed.

8. Frylock

Frylock Brown Belt

No thank you!

9. Frylock

Frylock Brown Belt

anybody else? ;D