Downplay a fighter’s accomplishments to make them sound like a bum

sdpdude9

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I see this kind of thing all the time where posters will downplay the accomplishments and resume of fighters they don’t like to make it sound like they’ve never done anything noteworthy or without asterisk. So let’s a play a game to show how easy it is to do. Downplay the fighter the poster above you posts and post your own fighter. For example....

Poster above says Daniel Cormier.

Poster below: Paper light heavyweight champion that lost to Jones twice. Should have lost to Gustafsson and only beat a former welterweight in Rumble because he fought stupidly and tried to wrestle. Only won the heavyweight title because of eye pokes and his best win there aside from that at heavyweight is who? Derrick Lewis? Frank Mir? Roy Nelson? He hasn’t beaten anybody.

So let’s start with...

Conor McGregor

You sound passive aggressive as fuck.

Skim the forums and you’ll find posts like this everywhere pertaining to just about any fighter. You can’t win with some people. Just wanted to have some fun and show how easily it can be done to any fighter.

Sorry if I disrupt the flow but.....
Yellow card bait?
Seriously though I'm all about the love, I feel it's possible to talk up your favorite fighters without trashing another.

Pointless thread, it's already done in every fighter discussion thread

Just wait until Saturday - whoever loses will have never been that good, opponents were winning until they lost, etc.

TS is a can. Not an accomplished poster at all.

Wouldn't even take his thread seriously.

That's GSP fanboys favorite pastime!
Soon they will show up to tell you how DC, Jon, Silva, Fedor, DJ, Khabib, Aldo, Conor and anyone else, even remotely considered to be a good fighter (not named GSP) are just bums.

That's GSP fanboys favorite pastime!
Soon they will show up to tell you how DC, Jon, Silva, Fedor, Khabib, Aldo, Conor and anyone considered to be a good fighter (not named GSP) are just bums.
372850C6-20E7-439C-A40D-0161AD0AEE1B.jpeg

TS is a can. Not an accomplished poster at all.

Wouldn't even take his thread seriously.

I haven’t outposted anybody but white belts. Haven’t gotten likes from any good posters. Only posts in UFC discussion. Like/post ratio sucks and overrated as fuck. Bum poster.

Clicked expecting a GSP thread. For once it wasn’t.

Wrong!

GSP: beat a bunch of wrestlers and lay n prayed. Ran away from Hendricks. Paper champ. Greaser

Anderson: weak division. Steroids.

Fedor: can crusher

Jones: beat old men and MWs. Steroids.

What do I win TS?

Sorry if I disrupt the flow but.....
Yellow card bait?
Seriously though I'm all about the love, I feel it's possible to talk up your favorite fighters without trashing another.

This poster is soft as hell whining about love and not talking down to fighters. What a pansy!

Is that how it's done TS?

Jones undefeated, clean as fuck. Never cheated.

Never hit a pregnant lady and ran off...twice.

Didn't take the clomiphene, but only took the dick pills.

Never touched his brother's roids, even though they found M3 metabolites in his piss.

Those tainted supplements never showed up though!

AmIdoingThisRite?!

Chris Weidman got a title shot by beating a slow, fat Mark Munoz and then got two fluke victories over past-prime Anderson. He then lost the championship rounds to a karate fighter, got TKO'ed by a male model, KO'ed by a Strikeforce reject, tried to fake his way to a DQ win off a legal knee when a PRIDE reject was kicking his ass, and finally got KO'ed by a jiu-jitsu guy.

One thing I read here constantly is how Robert Whittaker doesnt "even" have a title defense because Yoel Romero came in too heavy and thus is a paper champ. Literally one of the dumbest things I've read in ages. If anything it's even more impressive the man took the fight when he didn't need to and managed to defend the title in a fight of the ages against an extremely dangerous opponent with an adventage in weight. And I'm a huge Romero fan who doesn't even care all that much for Whittaker.

Stipe Miocic

Got KO'd by a guy not even good enough to be gatekeeper in struve, fought the whose who of glass jaws in the division (JDS Overeem Arlovski), Rode a green Big Frank like a pony whilst doing little damage, then got KO'd by a chubby LHW to lose his belt.

I don't really mean any of this of course though but I see what you mean lol

I see this kind of thing all the time where posters will downplay the accomplishments and resume of fighters they don’t like to make it sound like they’ve never done anything noteworthy or without asterisk. So let’s a play a game to show how easy it is to do. Downplay the fighter the poster above you posts and post your own fighter. For example....

Poster above says Daniel Cormier.

Poster below: Paper light heavyweight champion that lost to Jones twice. Should have lost to Gustafsson and only beat a former welterweight in Rumble because he fought stupidly and tried to wrestle. Only won the heavyweight title because of eye pokes and his best win there aside from that at heavyweight is who? Derrick Lewis? Frank Mir? Roy Nelson? He hasn’t beaten anybody.

So let’s start with...

Conor McGregor
Valentina Shevchenko - I wont and cant downplay her accomplishments but I am already hearing people call her the most dominating womens champion ever.....(Karen Bryant) ...fans....
She beheaded Jessica Eye and had a boring win over Liz Carmouche calm yourselves. She has had 2 title defenses since beating Joanna for the 15th time in her life. Gotta love recency bias

Back