Social Douglas Murray on JRE. Great talk.

Look back over the History of The JRE...how many times do you think he has said something factually incorrect? Hundreds, at least, but it was his show and he didn’t give a shit or feel the need to correct anything...
He always highlighted how he could do or say anything he wanted, it seems like that is no longer the situation.

To me, this is an evolution of Joe. Making corrections to factual inaccuracies is intellectual honesty. I don't know why he decided to in this particular case, but I'm fine with it.

When he starts apologizing for his opinion, that would cross the line obviously.

I’m gonna assume you’re using hyperbole there. I am his audience and I’m neither racist nor homophobic and nobody that I know who listens to him is either. He’s entertaining and has a lot of guests that interest me. When he has guys on that think are idiots I just don’t listen. Just because you’re a listener it doesn’t mean you believe everything he says.
Yeah hyperbole but I'm probably not far off lol

So racist he has on a black guy who convinces klan members to quit.

So homophobic he calls Shapiro out for not attending his gay friend’s wedding.

Okay, millennial. Must suck, seeing racism everywhere, when it only exists in your mind.
Nice. I guess you ignore all of his racist and homophobic guests to point towards two people. I also never said he was racist. And this is the same Joe Rogan that played a game where him and his white friends would say the n word over and over. But ok fuck face, carry on

Nice. I guess you ignore all of his racist and homophobic guests to point towards two people. I also never said he was racist. And this is the same Joe Rogan that played a game where him and his white friends would say the n word over and over. But ok fuck face, carry on
The guy has had people of all stripes on his show, to include two different candidates seeking the Democratic presidential nomination. Stop being a snowflake.

The guy has had people of all stripes on his show, to include two different candidates seeking the Democratic presidential nomination. Stop being a snowflake.
Feel how you feel man, and keep watching. I was never trying to stop you lol

3 democratic candidates

It's a bummer that Joe got too big for his own good. Now a podcast that we could all relate to is going to become impacted by the Spiderman truism of "with great power comes great responsibility."

Listening to Joe shoot the shit with his friends and people he respects was like talking with my buddies. Anything goes without the worry of stepping on toes. I suppose it's his own fault for having high profile politicians on his podcast. When you can actually influence elections the magnifying glass is gonna be less forgiving.

Have we started a waitlist for who gets to diddle him yet?
Seems very popular and attractive and smart.

Joe sold his soul to Spotify, first the dreadful red studio and Miley Cyrus, no more Alex Jones and now forced to beg on his hands and knees to save his job.

Link to Joe Rogan getting double legged by the Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/09/18/joe-rogan-antifa-oregon-fires/

Link to Joe Rogan getting blasted with a gruesome calf kick by the LA Times: https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2020-09-16/caitlyn-jenner-joe-rogan-kardashians

Wait you're criticizing Rogan for trying to apologize and set the facts straight on a story after he parrotted some right wing propaganda?
Yikes.
Glad we're not related (I hope). Do you enjoy looking in the mirror?

Has there been any backlash yet. All was very reasonable and he never got emotional although most of the time he was just stating the obvious.

So racist he has on a black guy who convinces klan members to quit.

So homophobic he calls Shapiro out for not attending his gay friend’s wedding.

Okay, millennial. Must suck, seeing racism everywhere, when it only exists in your mind.
<TheWire1>
Really?

How are you even able to operate bin public? Your anxiety must be off the charts.

God damn. That reeked of Spotify having a huge dick in Rogan's mouth.

It's obvious he was forced into an apology by the people paying him. If Rogan was truly alpha he would not have done that in the form of an apology, he would have simply stated he was wrong and moved on like he didn't care. Seriously losing respect for Rogan.

"I fucked up and said something highly divisive to my millions of listeners during a period of extreme civil unrest that was untrue, but whatever, I'm not sorry."

Some of you guys are seriously pathetic. Have some fucking integrity for God's sake.

You're not getting it. The guy without integrity is Rogan. You think he's really sorry? You think anyone is ever really sorry for something they said? Rogan went about it all wrong. It's so painfully obvious that Spotify made him apologize. The way he did it is completely out of character.

The move to Spotify was a huge mistake. Now he works for them and must answer to them to keep his paycheck. Maybe the lack of freedom was worth paycheck, but damn.

You're not getting it. The guy without integrity is Rogan. You think he's really sorry? You think anyone is ever really sorry for something they said? Rogan went about it all wrong. It's so painfully obvious that Spotify made him apologize. The way he did it is completely out of character.

The move to Spotify was a huge mistake. Now he works for them and must answer to them to keep his paycheck. Maybe the lack of freedom was worth paycheck, but damn.
Haha, wtf? Of course people are sorry for what they say and why shouldn't Rogan apologize? He made a mistake and said something that wasn't true and not only was it a falsehood it was a very politically charged one made in a politically charged time. Glad he apologized, someone with integrity would. Of course Spotify could be exerting some influence here but it was the right thing to do.

Last edited:

Do I really think anyone is ever really sorry?? Wtf? If I apologize for something I mean it. Seriously, this just shows exactly the pathetic mindset of some of you guys - the same as the other guy who said he doesn't apologize to his wife when he's wrong about something, you've got zero integrity.

And by the way, Rogan has apologized for saying something wrong or extremely insensitive many times over the years. Here's just one example.

It's not pathetic at all - it's called being a responsible adult. Not holding yourself responsible or refusing to apologize for mistakes is what's pathetic.

I understand what your saying, there is some stuff that you need to apologize for but not ever single mistake.. well I hace a severe case of ADD and I can piss off a lot of people do to my distractions I used to apologize every single time for over 25 years, there was a point where I your done and I decided to stop apologizing about 2 years ago and yes a lot of people dislike me but I'm more happy and I don't feel miserable and dumb as I felt before

Back