Social Douglas Murray on JRE. Great talk.

And why exactly shouldn't he have apologized? He was wrong and was spreading harmful disinformation. Whether he thought to do it himself or Spotify forced him to, an admission that he screwed up was the right thing to do.

Alex Jones is either a fucking nutjob or (like he admitted under oath in court) playing a character for views

I like Gavin more than Jones but either way, I don't like being told I can't watch someone nutjob or not. If it was just one company that banned these guys, fine but the way they all do it in unison is disgusting

Looks like he said antifa was starting fires in oregon. That was not true so he apologized.

No biggie. Doesn't mean he sold out.

Selling out would be when he apologizes for jokes or opinions, but I have no problem with him apologizing for making a factual error.

I like Gavin more than Jones but either way, I don't like being told I can't watch someone nutjob or not. If it was just one company that banned these guys, fine but the way they all do it in unison is disgusting
Time to go make their own fringe company then

Joe sold his soul to Spotify, first the dreadful red studio and Miley Cyrus, no more Alex Jones and now forced to beg on his hands and knees to save his job.

Link to Joe Rogan getting double legged by the Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/09/18/joe-rogan-antifa-oregon-fires/

Link to Joe Rogan getting blasted with a gruesome calf kick by the LA Times: https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2020-09-16/caitlyn-jenner-joe-rogan-kardashians

Joe could issue a retraction without professing shame. Or could he?

Good thing Spotify is fact checking some of the nonsense

Why do I keep getting a violence/genocide warning when I refresh this page?

I'm sure they'll be fact checking one side at least

Ok, I'll bite... isn't fact checking one side better than no fact checking at all? Or is truth irrelevant if you aren't scoring points for your team?

Also, hit me up when you find left wing falsehoods spread on JRE that went unchecked, I won't be holding my breath though

Lol at caring about what the least funny “comedian” in the world says.

For Christ’s Sake....Joe would have ridiculed anyone who behaved like him...what a pussy

Huh??

He's not apologizing for expressing his opinion (in this clip), he's sorry that he made a factual mistake.

I would expect ANYONE anywhere to own up to a mistake like this.

I came into this thread thinking Joe apologized for his opinions on trans people, but he was simply apologizing for making an error. No big deal.

People are actually giving him shit for this? LOL

Joe sold his soul to Spotify, first the dreadful red studio and Miley Cyrus, no more Alex Jones and now forced to beg on his hands and knees to save his job.

Link to Joe Rogan getting double legged by the Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/09/18/joe-rogan-antifa-oregon-fires/

Link to Joe Rogan getting blasted with a gruesome calf kick by the LA Times: https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/story/2020-09-16/caitlyn-jenner-joe-rogan-kardashians

Joe presents a lot of stuff as fact. I’m in Portland and I work with a bunch of right wingers who believe every conspiracy theory Alex Jones and the co. Present.

There is nothing that's holding him back but him. We both know that if we had a Democrat in office, and the mobs were right-wing crazies, these riots would be squashed immediately and violently.
While there weren't any college kids throwing rocks, I'd say a bunch of rednecks pointing sniper rifles at federal officials to defend a rancher who wants to overgraze on public land without paying below-market fees counts as right wing crazies, and the democrat in office backed down. Oregon standoff is another example, the circus was allowed to continue for months and charges were ultimately dismissed against the Bundys. Right wing crazies get treated with kid gloves.

The point is that it is fucking pathetic to apologize for every fucking little shit mistakes you do, fuck that, I don't even apologize my wife for every little mistake I do, that's life man, yin/yang, without mistakes then what would be the meaning of being right ? It is what it is and necessary
If you owned a business and your employee said some stupid shit and you could potentially lose customers....you wouldn’t make them apologize or fire them huh? This is the world we live in. Corporations run it and if you say something that jeopardizes their bottom line....you will fall in line.

Well, if you're wrong you're wrong. Good for him for owning up to it.

Wonder how much this will bog down the podcast now? Nobody listening to Rogan thought he was infallible and took his words as gospel. If you did you're beyond help. Is Jamie gonna get a dozen helpers now to do real time fact checking?

Imagine not understanding that 3/4 of what Joe talks about is hearsay........lol @ implying random people getting arrested for lighting fires means anything, or that it warrants an apology....to unnamed people who didn't do anything.....

<JagsKiddingMe>

World is fucked royally.

Back