Social Douglas Murray on Bret Weinstein's podcast 3 days ago

Eusung

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
One of the his best guest appearnces, he has been everywhere recently. He's really worried about the future of America and the UK.

The ending from the 2 hour mark is pretty great.

"I joked to you and your wife at dinner last night, that there is something in the water here in Portland that turns hair pink or blue" -lol

Yeah I’m pretty fucking worried too.

He also appeared on Eric Weinsein's podcast on spotify (for some reason Eric isn't on youtube anymore)

Erick presses Douglas on why there aren't more voices like Christopher Hitchens anymore

As usual, he was very good. Love listening to him on these topics, he speaks perfect sense. What's happening in America will inevitably spread to other western countries as America's influence is so great......so seeing these scary things not being 'nipped in the bid' and given boundaries is worrying indeed.

I remember hearing Douglas Murray on Rogan. Thought it was hilarious when he called Sam Smith something along the lines of a "look at me gay" for coming out as gender fluid...or whatever Sam Smith was doing.

Douglas Murray is a gay uber conservative in the public eye...

As usual, he was very good. Love listening to him on these topics, he speaks perfect sense. What's happening in America will inevitably spread to other western countries as America's influence is so great......so seeing these scary things not being 'nipped in the bid' and given boundaries is worrying indeed.

Not only "given boundaries " but been given additional platforms and being legitimized.

It only seemed like a couple years ago when many liberals here were saying "oh, this is just stuff we hear on college campuses...not the real world..."

Was an okay listen. One small knock I’d give on the show itself is Weinstein will talk about how boring it is to talk about the issue of Trump but then make that into a conversation itself that lasts a decent length. So it somewhat becomes odd you’ll talk for 10-15 minutes about how a certain topic is too dull to actually talk about. Just don’t talk about it then. It’s kinda like Rubin where he’ll be like “The left is stopping people from talking about important policy ideas, some of which I’m actually left minded on!” but then he never actually talks about policy. It’s just fluff/ static. With that said, with Rubin, it’s 100% of his show and Weinstein maybe 5-8%

I wonder what the consensus here would be but id say he’s far better than Peterson, especially with guests.

He's not better than prime Jordan Peterson. Such as Bill C-16 Peterson:

But as time went on, Peterson became more and more just grifter, selling ridiculously overpriced tickets to self-help seminars and scam websites.

He's not better than prime Jordan Peterson. Such as Bill C-16 Peterson:

But as time went on, Peterson became more and more just grifter, selling ridiculously overpriced tickets to self-help seminars and scam websites.

I don’t think anything about explaining why that law shouldn’t go through required a lot of heavy lifting. There’s probably a lot of people who could’ve did that panel like Peterson did. I think there’s just preferences with how he talks or discusses a topic that have become tiring for me. That just might a normal process for me as there’s many commentators that enter my rotation to listen to and eventually drop off when I don’t think they are talking about anything new.

Was an okay listen. One small knock I’d give on the show itself is Weinstein will talk about how boring it is to talk about the issue of Trump but then make that into a conversation itself that lasts a decent length. So it somewhat becomes odd you’ll talk for 10-15 minutes about how a certain topic is too dull to actually talk about. Just don’t talk about it then. It’s kinda like Rubin where he’ll be like “The left is stopping people from talking about important policy ideas, some of which I’m actually left minded on!” but then he never actually talks about policy. It’s just fluff/ static. With that said, with Rubin, it’s 100% of his show and Weinstein maybe 5-8%

I find Weinstein extremely boring regardless. He talks so slowly.

I remember hearing Douglas Murray on Rogan. Thought it was hilarious when he called Sam Smith something along the lines of a "look at me gay" for coming out as gender fluid...or whatever Sam Smith was doing.

Douglas Murray is a gay uber conservative in the public eye...

The thing that is so messed up is that he is old enough to have peers who have been forced into conversion therapy. It is sort of like whitewashed minorities looking down on someone who is still ethnic.

One of the his best guest appearnces, he has been everywhere recently. He's really worried about the future of America and the UK.

The ending from the 2 hour mark is pretty great.

"I joked to you and your wife at dinner last night, that there is something in the water here in Portland that turns hair pink or blue" -lol

Trump supporters point to Trump's alleged refusal to participate in regime change wars as one of his greatest strengths. Yet at the same time love Douglas - an open and avowed neocon. Interdasting.

I wonder how Christopher Hitchens was viewed by people here back in the day.

Back