Douglas Moura(Anderson sparring KO video): " I was never knocked out"

countswagula

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://nagradedomma.blogosfera.uol....n-silva-nocauteou-ou-nao-um-colega-de-treino/

^The video in question.

Straight from the horse's mouth, Douglas was the one sparring in the video with Anderson:

"At no point did I lose consciousness, I was just rocked. Right after[what was shown] I recovered, got up and kept on training. It was no big deal."
(...)
"They didn't do a very good job editing the video. There was never a knockout. We were fighting and when he saw I got rocked, he didn't actually connect with his strikes. In fact, he was giving me time to recover. The way they showed it, it seemed as if he was out to hurt me. Globo did a very poor editing job."

Sorry if this has been posted before, I tried searching for it but as we know the search function is far from perfect.

Last edited:
that was some great defense he was showing on the ground.

Look closely. That's Jon Jones beating on the unconscious guy not Silva. Outrageous!

His training partner is Douglas Moura not Douglas Lima...

Lima trains at ATT

Ah the old "I wasn't knocked out, I was just sleeping on the ground while he punched my face" defense.

Gotta spar hard I guess.

It kinda looks uncharacteristic in general, though, Anderson was never the guy to follow up with G'n'P like that.

Rather wait till guy tries to get up and punch few times, but with nasty precision.

Lol he might not have been asleep, but his faculties were definitely affected. Staring blankly while getting punched isn't the most typical defence.

Throwing knee to the face in sparring and following up with punches while dude is on the ground rocked.......is normal.

I wonder how much money Anderson gave him to say that.

I choose to believe what I see with my own eyes instead.

Interesting. He has a nice record (5-1), tried TUF and failed and is married to a polish/brazilian girl that has an awfull mma record but a good boxing record.

Sure, Buddy. Whatever you say. Maybe you were just hanging out on the ground, resting, while Anderson beat on your face a bit.

Look closely. That's Jon Jones beating on the unconscious guy not Silva. Outrageous!

This. Basically anything fans don't like in 2015 is Jon's doing. Jon "the boogeyman" Jones....

If I were him, I'd officially change my name to "blameworthy" just to piss off the haters...

jT0oAqpyCLPmS.png

Unless this guy started an actual fight with Silva, Silva is a piece of shit if this is how he trains.

Unless this whole video is a fake which is just weird. I dont see the point. You get to KO your opponent in the cage. Is Diaz supposed to be scared???

As stated, unless the 2 got into the actual fight, why would Silva continue to hit the guy on the ground after dropping him?

This doesn't earn you fans, after seeing how Jones has become the most unlikable champ in MMA with his behavior, you would think Silva would keep his act together to protect his legacy.

Back