Douglas Lima just became the greatest WW of all time today

• Thread starter Deleted member 359865
  • Start date
Oh, the stupidity...

Lima is a good fighter and that's it. Beating 2019 Rory is not a huge accomplishment.
I like Lima, but he is not top 5 WW right now. Maybe 10.
Greatest WW of all time? Oh, the stupidity

Last edited:
Oh, the stupidity...

Lima is a good fighters and that's it. Beating 2019 Rory is not a huge accomplishment.
I like Lima, but he is not top 5 WW right now. Maybe 10.
Greatest WW of all time? Oh, the stupidity

This thread was actually made before Lima/Rory 2 even happened, based on absolute nonsense lol.

I do however disagree that Lima isn't a top five welterweight. Lima is an incredible fighter, who is always improving, and who I believe would beat both Masvidal and Woodley.

Usman and Colby are tough fights for him, no doubt.

...my goodness fellas. Askren was never a top tier UFC caliber fighter and was never going to be. Even Askren handles his losses better than his following.

I’m sorry to his fans that he’s been lying to you all for the past decade. Please let his career go gracefully and spare us the legend of his win over Lima in every WW discussion on here.
but ben beat lima.....

this guys basically one of those brazilian nut huggers upset brazilian men arnt dominating the sport like they did years ago i like lima but dudes honestly like 6th best atm and thats me being generous hes def lost to colby usman tyron maia askren hell rory beat him and he won a rematch u cant claim hes better than rory till they have a 3rd

This thread was actually made before Lima/Rory 2 even happened, based on absolute nonsense lol.

I do however disagree that Lima isn't a top five welterweight. Lima is an incredible fighter, who is always improving, and who I believe would beat both Masvidal and Woodley.

of course he beats mastival dude hes 2-2 n last 4 fights and 5-5 in last 10 so explain how that makes him a top 5 ww in ufc? people just like him cause hes the only latino who tries to act ghetto even though he has that hairstyle which kills any hood cred one could have

I think he beats the crap out of Woodley but he loses to Colby and Marty. Tyron wrestling is super overrated. The dude has a powerful double leg but he does not have the cardio to keep the pace. He would die.
Also Lima could break Leon Scott chicken legs.
this.. people try to say usmans wrestling is so amazing cause he was able to take down tyron lol tyron was a hard double leg kinda guy he wasnt very technical as a wrestler usman also is 5 inches taller than tyron and those long ass arms in the clinch made him able to dominate and use dirty boxing to the drop down to his legs int he clinch height and reach really matter alot more than in striking especially against the fence but they will be in for a surprise if colby grapples with him iv seen michael chandler taking usman down in the gym whos a small 155

of course he beats mastival dude hes 2-2 n last 4 fights and 5-5 in last 10 so explain how that makes him a top 5 ww in ufc? people just like him cause hes the only latino who tries to act ghetto even though he has that hairstyle which kills any hood cred one could have

Makes Lima top five in the UFC because...Masvidal is top five in the UFC? So, if he were to beat him, combined with a potential win over Woodley, would undoubtedly make him top five.

Also, no. That's why SOME people like Masvidal. The casuals, yes, I agree. I've been a Masvidal fan for over a decade, stemming back to his Bellator run.

Also, 5-5 in his last 10 doesn't really tell the whole story there. Masvidal has been competitive in every fight he's been in since the inverted triangle choke loss, and you can make arguments for him winning any of those fights except the Wonderboy loss. The guy isn't exactly a layup for any welterweight on this planet.

but ben beat lima.....
The entire thread title is sarcasm, no one has seem to understand that or the context of the post so far.

basically I was asking why Askren fans hold so much value over his Lima victory and think he’s still a top 10 WW

The way Lima easily conceded double underhooks makes me doubt about him being succesful against the top grapplers at WW, including a rematch with Askren all these years later.
The guys is just not good in that aspect of the game, and isnt good at scrambles neither. Really solid fighter though, a serious threat for anyone

Usman, Colby, Wonderboy, Woodley, Till, Luque, RDA, Ponzi, Edwards, Askren, Maia, Mas... all are tough fights for him.
I think he beats Mas too, but I don't see how he beats Woodley. Well, depends which Woodley appears. Woodley who fought Till or Woodley who fought Usman.

Usman, Colby, Wonderboy, Woodley, Till, Luque, RDA, Ponzi, Edwards, Askren, Maia, Mas... all are tough fights for him.
I think he beats Mas too, but I don't see how he beats Woodley. Well, depends which Woodley appears. Woodley who fought Till or Woodley who fought Usman.

Till and Usman complete different abilities made the diffence not what Woodley showed up.
Douglas Lima is not good defending the clinch and his footwork doesnt serves him well to avoid the cage even if he is great in the exchange.
Its a good stylistic match up for Woodley.

u cant claim hes better than rory till they have a 3rd

I think you can. Rory seems to be regressing a bit and Lima is getting better. Lima lost the first fight due to a lack of heart. Lima's wrestling is overrated due to stuffing Rory attempts but it's something he clearly is working on and improving.

Can it handle the pressure of a Fitch, Usman, Colby, or Askren type? Maybe. I think Fitch is a good matchup to make if it wouldn't possibly give the belt to Fitch.

If he beats down Fitch, I think Lima is possibly the top WW in the planet.

He doesn't have to beat them all, just a few good performances against decent stylistic matchups does the trick for a top five ranking. Masvidal and Woodley would do it, but I think he also has good shots against Luque, Edwards, Till, and a rematch against Askren.

I'm a big Lima fan, but to say he is the WW GOAT is ludicrous.

Back