Douglas Lima just beat Rory handily..

Makes zero sense for Lima to go to UFC ever. He's been making big bucks for a while now... including his sponsors, obviously.

Now with the $1 Mil, that is a guarantee we will never see him there.

Sucks cause I wanted to see him against those top guys and I think he's champ material, but I'm happy for him. Fuck being underpaid.

Garbage. Usman and Colby both take him down at will (like Rory did in their last fight). This is the same Rory who had a draw with Fitch and barely beat a Gracie. He's not even 40% of the fighter he was when he beat Woodley and Maia.
Lmao he clowned woodley because he has an overhand right and..thats his striking arsenal, good luck doing that to lima..

Lima is one of the best welterweights in the world and deserves more respect but Rory is a ghost of his former self. Huge fan and I didn't really want to admit it but like others have said he honestly should retire, he just got beat up and ran around the cage the whole fight

Eh like I said you cant rush either guy, rory will take you down and you will end up in a bad position and if you try with lima you will end up ktfo.
no way. lima was landing his jabs and leg kicks at will yet still he only threw 3 per round. rory (after feinting his jab 25 times with no reaction) actually started to throw and land his jab about halfway through the second. just gave it up for no reason. didn’t throw a single strike when he had douglas in the clinch

Lmao he clowned woodley because he has an overhand right and..thats his striking arsenal, good luck doing that to lima..

He'll just take Lima down repeatedly like Askren did and even Rory did less than a year ago...and Rory isn't 10% of the wrestler that Usman or even Colby is. Haven't you learned your lesson yet? Askren, Will Brooks, Hector Lombard, Jake Shields, etc. were all supposedly "better than the UFC guys" then they came over and got exposed. This version of Rory isn't even related to prime UFC Rory.

Fight was not good, but not because of Lima, he is the exciting fighter there. He did What he needed to do to Win that bout.

And he just neutralized Rorys game. Very curious to see hum against the UFC boring wrestlers

Lima is one of the best welterweights in the world and deserves more respect but Rory is a ghost of his former self. Huge fan and I didn't really want to admit it but like others have said he honestly should retire, he just got beat up and ran around the cage the whole fight
He fought like he always has, he couldnt take him down and he wasnt fighting “overhand right” woodley, sure he can beat up guys like bj, ellenburger and mike pyle with his striking but look what happens when he fights guys like lima or thompson.

who else? skinny lw/ww diaz that he threw around easy?

That was a terrible, boring fight. I’d hardly call it a win for anyone.
Rory was running away from Lima the whole fight. He tried takedowns or clinches but wouldn't engage in standup. Not Lima's fault. Rory wanted no part of Lima in that fight.

He'll just take Lima down repeatedly like Askren did and even Rory did less than a year ago...and Rory isn't 10% of the wrestler that Usman or even Colby is. Haven't you learned your lesson yet? Askren, Will Brooks, Hector Lombard, Jake Shields, etc. were all supposedly "better than the UFC guys" then they came over and got exposed. This version of Rory isn't even related to prime UFC Rory.
What did prime rory do so differently?

again like I posted before:
He fought like he always has, he couldnt take him down and he wasnt fighting “overhand right” woodley, sure he can beat up guys like bj, ellenburger and mike pyle with his striking but look what happens when he fights guys like lima or thompson.

What did prime rory do so differently?

again like I posted before:

Woodley, Maia, Lima less than a year ago. If you can't see that he's steadily getting worse (including a draw with an ancient Fitch), you're blind, dude.

Woodley, Maia, Lima less than a year ago. If you can't see that he's steadily getting worse (including a draw with an ancient Fitch), you're blind, dude.
Oh of course man, rory is deff getting worse and past it but we have to look at some guys he fought too, woodley is great when he can take down you and control you or land a big bomb but what happens when he cant? Hes boring as shit because has nothing else in his arsenal and we are starting to see he freezes at times.

maia was a good win but it was a grappling match, one that he survived and won, great performance especially considering what maia just did to ben but can we not see lima beating maia?

he also lost to thompson lets not forget.

Lima is a legit fighter who I think would do well in the UFC.

happy for him getting that million dollar pay check the belt is just a bonus lol

Also him knocking MVP into the third dimension was a thing of beauty.

Disagree on him fighting like he always has, he fought way more aggressive in the first fight against Lima. It's pretty clear he's not the same as he used to be

Disagree on him fighting like he always has, he fought way more aggressive in the first fight against Lima. It's pretty clear he's not the same as he used to be
I’ll admit, have to watch the first one again, I remember him getting wrecked with kicks and eventually getting the TD’s and control.

Lima would not be a top 10 WW if he was in thE UFC

Fucking amazing fighter, I know styles make fights but its funny to see Ben losing like he is but im pretty sure Lima would do some damage in the UFC.
People forget fighters can change Lima even though he had alot of fights had shit tdd back then. He's really improved it since rory 1, even though Jesus rory isn't the same, we also seen it in koreshkov beatdown. I think he'd murder Ben any way he wants today guy's legit top 10 or 5 now.

I’ll admit, have to watch the first one again, I remember him getting wrecked with kicks and eventually getting the TD’s and control.
That's pretty much what happened from what I recall but I just remember him pushing forward more, which is why he got wrecked by the kicks. Either way he got dominated

Back