Douglas Lima against top 5(+champion) in the UFC

I wouldn't favor any of the UFC top 5 against him. Rory might not have the grappling chops of Usman, Colby, or leon but his striking is levels above theirs. If they can't keep him pinned against the cage or on the mat for the entire fight they get clobbered. Colby probably has the best chance because of the volume of strikes he throws might keep Lima from opening up.

Mas is just an older version of rory. I don't see him keep Lima on the mat or offering much standing

RDA is kinda a shop worn smaller version of Lima.

Lima from what we seen and on paper is a larger WW in his prime and a lethal striker with improved tdd. Rory is definitely past it but probably still sound enough to give guys like mas and RDA a run for their money maybe edwards too
good assesment, Colby would have thew best chance, the Colby HATE has clouded alot of people judgement and when he Beats SNOOZMAN, even THEN people wont give the man his props

He'd get...
KO'ed
TKO'ed
KO'ed
TKO'ed
Sub'ed...

Loses a decision to Usman
Loses a close decision to Covington
Wins a BS split decision over Masvidal
Decisions Edwards
Decisions RDA
Beats the shit out of Nate Diaz
Loses a decision to Wonderboy

Lima really needs to sign with UFC now.
There's nothing left for him in Bellator

Lima will beat the brakes off everyone in UFC ww division right now.

Lima is good, but he still has a lot to prove as far as I am concerned. There are a lot of young and hungry wrestlers in Bellator's WW division worth watching, and I think they could give him fits. A lot of people are saying that Lima has improved his wrestling since the Askren fight, but he hasn't proven it against anyone with legit wrestling skills as of yet. If is of absolute importance that if you are going to get anywhere in the WW division of all places that your wrestling be up to par considering how many tough wrestlers you will have to face on your way to the belt. Without proving that I can't say with comfort that he would do well against the elite of the elite since it is so wrestling top heavy. If he could get past a Logan Storley or a Joey Davis I would feel better about his chances.

I think he beats all of them except maybe Usman and Colby but I wouldn't be surprised if he beats them too. I would heavily favor him over the rest of the top 5.

People here are way too impressed with Rory, and their overrating of Lima is due to his performance against Rory. Everyone was talking about how Rory was going to run through Lima in their first encounter and when Lima made it a fight, suddenly he had some respect. Now that he beat Rory those same people think he's gotta be the top WW.

Lima is probably top 5 UFC but that's not guaranteed. I don't think he'd beat Usman, Covington, or Woodley. I think he might edge Masvidal and Edwards. RDA I think is the only one he beats for sure.

I think you're greatly overrating guys in the UFC or greatly underrating guys not in the UFC or both.

I wouldn't favor any of the UFC top 5 against him. Rory might not have the grappling chops of Usman, Colby, or leon but his striking is levels above theirs. If they can't keep him pinned against the cage or on the mat for the entire fight they get clobbered. Colby probably has the best chance because of the volume of strikes he throws might keep Lima from opening up.

Mas is just an older version of rory. I don't see him keep Lima on the mat or offering much standing

RDA is kinda a shop worn smaller version of Lima.

Lima from what we seen and on paper is a larger WW in his prime and a lethal striker with improved tdd. Rory is definitely past it but probably still sound enough to give guys like mas and RDA a run for their money maybe edwards too

rory couldn't get lima down even once, this fight...not once...I think lima with this good tdd, will be tough to beat...wanna see him in the ufc...hopefully the ufc makes a good offer.

People here are way too impressed with Rory, and their overrating of Lima is due to his performance against Rory. Everyone was talking about how Rory was going to run through Lima in their first encounter and when Lima made it a fight, suddenly he had some respect. Now that he beat Rory those same people think he's gotta be the top WW.

Lima is probably top 5 UFC but that's not guaranteed. I don't think he'd beat Usman, Covington, or Woodley. I think he might edge Masvidal and Edwards. RDA I think is the only one he beats for sure.

I agree. rory is long past his best...I mean the guy had a draw with freaken Fitch...haha Fitch was chased out of the ufc long ago...cause he couldn't hang anymore. that being said, lima still looked really good...great leg kicks...very good standup...combined with really good tdd...he could give the top guys a good fight.

Usman and Colby are a nightmare for Lima, he let Rory get double unders against the cage repeatedly, you do that against those two and you're in for a long night.

I think you're greatly overrating guys in the UFC or greatly underrating guys not in the UFC or both.

I don't think so. UFC is pretty strong in WW at the top compared to the rest of the world. Lima is the top non-UFC WW for sure, the only one that's close to an overall top 5 ranking.

Some people think the UFC has all the top 10 in every weight class, which is ridiculous. Other people think the UFC is just another org, which is ridiculous too. I mean, look at Sherdog's rankings if you want to see a real example of the UFC being overrated, there's hardly a non-UFC fighter to be seen.

I want to see him become the new Just Bleed god of the WW division although the last Rory fight was lackluster

<{JustBleed}>

The only fighters in any division with rankings outside the UFC who would definitely be ranked in the UFC for me are Lima, Ryan Bader, Vadim Nemkov, Dennis Goltsov, Kai Asakura, Kjoji Horiguchi, Gegard Mousasi, non lactating Rafael Lovato Jr, Lance Palmer, Dustin Ortiz, Marius Nicolau, Demetrious Johnson, Jiri Prochaza, Ali Bagov and Patricio Pitbull imo, that's not a lot when you factor in all the divisions.

Last edited:
I don't think so. UFC is pretty strong in WW at the top compared to the rest of the world. Lima is the top non-UFC WW for sure, the only one that's close to an overall top 5 ranking.

Some people think the UFC has all the top 10 in every weight class, which is ridiculous. Other people think the UFC is just another org, which is ridiculous too. I mean, look at Sherdog's rankings if you want to see a real example of the UFC being overrated, there's hardly a non-UFC fighter to be seen.

I think Rory would be top 5 in the UFC if RDA still is. Koreshkov and Larkin could/would also likely be top 5 in the UFC as well or close to it. Woodley hasn't shown good wrestling consistently in like 5+ years. The only 2 I think in the UFC that I would favor over Lima at WW are Usman and Colby.

Lima has the best striking at WW and Rory's takedowns are among the best at WW(though Usman trumps him and Colby/Usman also have great clinch games too).

Back