Double Standards Here

Genki Sudo II

Blue Steel Ferrari Le Tigre They're The Same Face!
Banned
Reaction score
The same people that appreciate gifs of Hendo hammerfisting Bisping into oblivion after he was out cold or when Rampage getting a few heavy licks on Silva at the tail end of their trilogy or when B.J. held on to Pulver a tad bit longer are probably the same people that are happy that Harris got banned permanently.

A natural order of thing would be suspension, a substantial fine and maybe some rehabilitation/reevaluation from a resident psych doc.

Permanent ban is unprecedented in any sport AFAIK (well unless you are wanted for murder or other major crimes of course). You would have to been proven to have tried to kill or maim someone for it to be justified. And if that is the case for Harris then let's hope he's not just a scapegoat - and maybe become an example of improper sportsmanship - because he's not very high on the pecking order. (See first paragraph)

If you take a look at the gif that showed the side of the submission front and center he did let up a little when the ref jumped, just not completely. And he should be punished but not banned.

Edit: I forgot to mention that when a fighter goes out cold it is very equivalent to a fighter tapping out to a submission for the obvious reason that I shouldn't have to explain.

I will get in a few good licks in before the ref gets in and not get penalized for it

Fighters use that loophole all the time and should be held accountable as well. I mean if they can't tell if the guy is incapacitated or not when the whole world knows it from a flat screen then that's B.S.

Last edited:
Hendo wasn't being stopped by the ref.
Palhares had already been suspended for the same thing.
Send a guy to a shrink cause he can't folow the rules? I don't think so.
Babalu got fired for refusing to let go. Paul Daley got fired for a weak shot after the bell.
I agree that BJ should have gotten something too.

A natural order of thing would be suspension, a substantial fine and maybe some rehabilitation/reevaluation from a resident psych doc.

He's been suspended for this in the past. He also just got suspended for roids. This is the 5th or 6th time he's done something like this between MMA and BJJ. He's either a sadist or incompetent. At least this way he can go fight somewhere else.

Permanent ban isn't unprecedented in this company (Daley), much less sports. Ask the guy that rearranged Rudy T's face.

Hendo was one time and the ref hadn't stepped in.

I don't even think a suspension was in order in this case, he let go literally a second after the ref stepped in.

Dan Henderson went to Strikeforce after that KO and the UFC did not renew his contract. Second of all, Mario Yamusaki DIDN'T INTERVENE PRIOR TO THE PUNCH.

What Henderson did was wrong, but not against the rules. Palhares did something illegal, and assaulted a man, because the competition and the sport were over when the tap took place. Add the ref, and there is no excuse.

In the Hendo/Bisping fight, Dan ADMITTED to delibratley murking Bisping when he was KO'd on the floor. Most people forget that because they dislike Bisping, and when the gif is shown it's all "fuck yeaahh this gif is great LOL".

When Palhares holds on to a sub everyones all " he's a monster!! Ban HIM!"

Not condoning either one, but it is definitley double standards at it's finest.

Huge difference in strikes as opposed to submissions

Bisping wasn't screaming and tapping and the ref hadn't gotten to Hendo yet

Dan just wanted to secure the W

Huge difference in strikes as opposed to submissions

Bisping wasn't screaming and tapping and the ref hadn't gotten to Hendo yet

Dan just wanted to secure the W

No, Dan knew he already had the win. What you just said is completely negated by the fact that Dan said he admitted to purposley landing another strike to shut him up even more.

In the Hendo/Bisping fight, Dan ADMITTED to delibratley murking Bisping when he was KO'd on the floor. Most people forget that because they dislike Bisping....

Point proven.

I wonder how many of those got their panties wet when watching shogun soccer kick the living crap out of rampage, or wandy flying stomping people in pride?

Dan Henderson went to Strikeforce after that KO and the UFC did not renew his contract. Second of all, Mario Yamusaki DIDN'T INTERVENE PRIOR TO THE PUNCH.

What Henderson did was wrong, but not against the rules
. Palhares did something illegal, and assaulted a man, because the competition and the sport were over when the tap took place. Add the ref, and there is no excuse.

Exactly, my point. They exploit that loophole knowing full well they can often get away with it unlike submissions. I don't buy most of the fighters mindset that I have to keep attacking an incapacitated/out cold fighter until the ref intervenes because you want to leave nothing to chance.

Brian Stann set the precedent when he knew his opponent was out cold and he stopped right away even without the ref intervening and that was a fraction of a second reaction as soon as he went out cold.

A lot of fighters have no excuses but are just deviant in that aspect.

How many times does he get have to do the same thing before it's okay to let him go?

The same people that appreciate gifs of Hendo hammerfisting Bisping into oblivion after he was out cold or when Rampage getting a few heavy licks on Silva at the tail end of their trilogy or when B.J. held on to Pulver a tad bit longer are probably the same people that are happy that Harris got banned permanently.

Permanent ban is unprecedented in any sport AFAIK. You would have to been proven to have tried to kill or maim someone for it to be justified. And if that is the case for Harris then let's hope he's not just a scapegoat - and maybe become an example of improper sportsmanship - because he's not very high on the pecking order. (See first paragraph)

If you take a look at the gif that showed the side of the submission front and center he did let up a little when the ref jumped, just not completely. And he should be punished but not banned.

Edit: I forgot to mention that when a fighter goes out cold it is very equivalent to a fighter tapping out to a submission for the obvious reason that I shouldn't have to explain.

I will get in a few good licks in before the ref gets in and not get penalized for it

Fighters use that loophole all the time and should be held accountable as well. I mean if they can't tell if the guy is incapacitated or not when the whole world knows it from a flat screen then that's B.S.

Not trying to be a douche or anything but this is Sherdog... what did you expect?

You have been here long enough to know that double standards are, and will always be, all over Sherdog.

Peace.

I wonder how many of those got their panties wet when watching shogun soccer kick the living crap out of rampage, or wandy flying stomping people in pride?

That's one thing I wasn't too fond of during the Pride days. It really did barbarize the sport.:redface:

Foot stomps and soccer kicks didn't require skill at all and it made the downed fighter way too vulnerable to it.

If you want to see dans previous form for late hits, go look up the thread on the top 5 late punches, bans in three of them.great sportsman he is.

In the Hendo/Bisping fight, Dan ADMITTED to delibratley murking Bisping when he was KO'd on the floor. Most people forget that because they dislike Bisping, and when the gif is shown it's all "fuck yeaahh this gif is great LOL".

When Palhares holds on to a sub everyones all " he's a monster!! Ban HIM!"

For the love of God no! He is a habitual offender both in MMA and grappling tournaments....and got caught with elevated Testosterone.....why are people acting like this is a one off? Three strikes your out...end of damn story

an extra punch to the chin is not nearly as damaging as having your knee permanently damaged. Harris is KNOWN for TRYING TO PERMANENTLY INJURE PEOPLE. He has said that himself many times!

For the love of God no! He is a habitual offender both in MMA and grappling tournaments....and got caught with elevated Testosterone.....why are people acting like this is a one off? Three strikes your out...end of damn story

This. TS, have any of those fighters done anything like that since then? Has any other fighter in all of MMA repeated a similar offense multiple times?

Also, it's obviously not exactly the same, but would you feel bad for a guy who got sent to jail for getting his 3rd DUI in a row? I know I wouldn't.

Back