Double Standard and Intollerance for certain Post fight Interviews

They can say whatever the fuck nonsense they want to spout after their fight, and I can say whatever I want to about it. That's how this freedom of speech thing works. Bitching about someone else's free speech because they bitched about someone else's free speech, irony much?

I'm sick of hearing about the goddamn troops all the fucking time. They aren't fighting for anyone's freedom. If anything, I have to work harder because of the massive drain on tax dollars that goes to our "defense" budget.

I wouldnt call it baiting, he literally asked for our responses.

Thank you. Some people obviously just like to come into threads to be "cute", and lash out when somebody callse them out on it.

I wouldnt call it baiting, he literally asked for our responses.

Yes but if you read the posts (and the posts he has given credit for giving "honest answers.") It's clear that he's looking for a specific answer.

None of us are actively attempting to stop fighters from saying these things.(i hope)

As far as what business I have for mocking them? The same business they have in talking nonsense. Its just humans being human. Im all for people talking shit when they want to and have the platform to do it, just as I am doing it right here.

And yes, please, someone thank Lucifer, PLEASE!!!! That would be grand!

It's a multiple-pronged process here.

The fighters have every right to thank whatever they want at the end of their fight.

You have the right to think they're idiots for whatever it is they believe.

I have the right to think you're and idiot for criticizing what has made the fighters successful.

You have the right to think I'm an idiot for criticizing you.

I have the right to think...

And the cycle continues forever.

They can say whatever the fuck nonsense they want to spout after their fight, and I can say whatever I want to about it. That's how this freedom of speech thing works. Bitching about someone else's free speech because they bitched about someone else's free speech, irony much?

I'm sick of hearing about the goddamn troops all the fucking time. They aren't fighting for anyone's freedom. If anything, I have to work harder because of the massive drain on tax dollars that goes to our "defense" budget.

Well I do admire your honesty, mostly for your avatar with Chael Sonnen as the Champ......:) but seriously, whether I agree with it or not, I appreciate the response. That is all I was looking for, I honestly didn't think I would get any...but I was wrong I've gotten several honest responses as to WHY it bothers people.

Way I look at it is this:

They have the right to state their beliefs, and we also have the right to say that their beliefs are retarded.

Free speech all around. Dont see what the problem is.

It was a typing error...and why proofread anything when you have the Sherdog geek Grammar Police to do it for me, right?:icon_lol:

You think the Nazi Grammar patrol is bad here? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, this place is kind as hell when it comes to grammar.

I get my grammar kicks at Reddit.

I disagree entirely. Isn't free expression great?

The fighters have every right to thank whatever they want at the end of their fight.

I have the right to think you're and idiot for criticizing what has made the fighters successful.

You have the right to think I'm an idtiot for criticizing you.

This is pretty much it in my opinion.

Yes but if you read the posts (and the posts he has given credit for giving "honest answers.") It's clear that he's looking for a specific answer.

Hey, beat a dead horse much? HELLO MCFLY! (knocks on head)

hes not saying he has a problem with you not agreeing with 100% of what a fighter says. hes askin why you feel the need to hate on something so small. makes you look pety. grow up
The words people use can make me hate them it dos'nt matter if they just won a fight or not. If you throw your view point out at nosioum, there will be hate when people don't look at thinks the same way. Maybe you're the one that needs to grow up!

You have the right to think I'm an idiot for criticizing you.

Yup, but its a fun cycle... At least half of the time. LOL

You think the Nazi Grammar patrol is bad here? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, this place is kind as hell when it comes to grammar.

I get my grammar kicks at Reddit.

The words people use can make me hate them it dos'nt matter if they just won a fight or not. If you throw your view point out at nosioum, there will be hate when people don't look at thinks the same way. Maybe you're the one that needs to grow up!

:icon_lol:

This is pretty much it in my opinion.

The problem is when you start criticizing people for their religious beliefs, that's when you get hit with the "intolerant" label. If that's ok by you, cool, be intolerant. Personally I don't really care - if I think you're wrong, you're wrong.

Like Dave Chappelle said - "If you have hate in your heart, let it out!"

/not entirely serious here

Aaaaand strike three!!

So I was right with my first insult of you being thin skinned I see........and my second with you being part of the Grammar patrol.......and the third, because you are going to harp on this all nioght...So acutally Im hitting 3 for 3 if you wanna be technical(which I see you do):D

This exactly, thats why I dont think its baiting. He was pretty straight up about wanting specific responses.

hes not saying he has a problem with you not agreeing with 100% of what a fighter says. hes askin why you feel the need to hate on something so small. makes you look pety. grow up

This guy gets it.....A couple here do not unfortunately.

Back