Double Standard and Intollerance for certain Post fight Interviews

Wait, so now you are insulting anyone who hasn't explicitly said "I'm a hater" Have you considered that many just don't have an answer, or just don't care either way?

It was tongue in cheek, Im sorry you are think skinned.

The double standard is this:

"I'm for freedom of speech and liberty, and I want the fighters to be able to say whatever they want. But they shouldn't say anything about A, B or C."

They can say ANYTHING they want, and I will defend their right to do so. But I will mock them profusely when its something I dont like. Im sure many would defend my right also.

This is typical Rush Limbaugh black/white thinking. You seem to generalize atheists and those not in the support of the military to a great extent.
Find me one single poster who believes that even if all the jesus-praising gets repetitive, he believes that they should censor their post fight speech?
This is the same Ariel Helwani technique to create unnecessary drama, when to begin with there isn't much of a problem.

I can't be bothered digging up examples for you, but there are plenty. I have no idea why you don't acknowledge that, unless you rarely post her.

Actually, there are plenty of posters who believe fighters shouldn't talk about certain things, mostly relating to personal faith. If you find that this whole discussion is irrelevant, then why participate? I think it's a valid ethical question.

There's a difference between Brian Stann and the Tim Kennedy's/Colton Smith's of the world. Stann has admitted that he's oft times uncomfortable with discussing the military while Kennedy seems to drop it every minute. Also it normally leads to an equally uncomfortable topic; like how Kennedy got robbed or how judges don't like him or how he gets no love from matchmakers or....

The god and military talk is a small tiny sample why dudes like Smith and Kennedy are disliked.

LOL, again if they were being funny, this would be awesome. But if they meant it, I would cringe, just like I do when they start thanking their invisible friend for helping them kick someones ass.

Yeah, same here. And lol at "invisible friend" you just reminded me of Alan Partridge. "Jesus can't be God's son, God is a gas!!"

This is typical Rush Limbaugh black/white thinking. You seem to generalize atheists and those not in the support of the military to a great extent.
Find me one single poster who believes that even if all the jesus-praising gets repetitive, he believes that they should censor their post fight speech?
This is the same Ariel Helwani technique to create unnecessary drama, when to begin with there isn't much of a problem.

Lighten the Fuck up Francis. would you drop the fucking bullshit already? Thanks. You are the only one continually TRYING to be a drama queen. Everyone else is having a good discussion. Stop trying to be a torublemaker, nobody thinks you're cute. i see another poster has called you out on it too. If you don't want to discuss, move on. It's simple.

They can say ANYTHING they want, and I will defend their right to do so. But I will mock them profusely when its something I dont like. Im sure many would defend my right also.

Exactly. This is what I meant with /thread. We are debating an issue that isn't really there.. I don't see anyone promoting the viewpoint you are attributing them..

Yes and so will I.

Lighten the Fuck upo Francis. would you drop the fucking bullshit already? Thanks. You are the only one continually TRYING to be a drama queen. Everyone else is having a good discussion. Stop trying to be a torublemaker.

Then why won't you answer any of my points? And resort to a third post of PURE drama? :)

if someone thanks god in their post fight it wont ruin my night, but I think its really fucking lame and honestly think of them as less intelligent than others.

2012 and people are still holding on to ancient fiction tales..kinda sad.

I'm completely non-religious and against organized religion in general, but so what if someone does? If it helps someone become a better person and gives purpose in life, what business do you or I have to tell them they're wrong, or stupid for believing?

Let Bendo thank God or do whatever he wants to do after a fight. He's obviously been very successful doing what he does, and if belief in God helps him achieve that, then more power to him. Same goes for Colton Smith, Tim Kennedy, Brian Stann and the other military guys.

Though I admit I would find it hilarious if a fighter ever wanted to thank Satan for their victory.

I don't understand it, and the view does strike me as comical. But a lot of critics don't realise that they're criticizing a large group of people for their stupidity, when that group includes some very bright individuals indeed.

137-God-Troll-650x407.jpg

Think skinned? For the record i'm in the group that just doesn't care, but I do get the feeling that you are just trying to bait people into saying what you want to hear in this thread.

Fair enough.

I do think its funny how Bendo immediately thanked God, pointed skyward then said "Can I get an Amen?" then instantly responded to Joes question.

Like the moment wasn't authentic and was just going through the motions.

Or maybe he didn't want to hear the crowds reaction?

I don't understand it, and the view does strike me as comical. But a lot of critics don't realise that they're criticizing a large group of people for their stupidity, when that group includes some very bright individuals indeed.

137-God-Troll-650x407.jpg

LOL that's awesome.

There's a difference between Brian Stann and the Tim Kennedy's/Colton Smith's of the world. Stann has admitted that he's oft times uncomfortable with discussing the military while Kennedy seems to drop it every minute. Also it normally leads to an equally uncomfortable topic; like how Kennedy got robbed or how judges don't like him or how he gets no love from matchmakers or....

The god and military talk is a small tiny sample why dudes like Smith and Kennedy are disliked.

Well now that's a valid response...I've never really thought about Tim Kennedy that way. I guess what I see is mostly people bitching and turning it into an Anti-America thread for some reason....seems like it always escelates from what it should.

Fair enough.

I do think its funny how Bendo immediately thanked God, pointed skyward then said "Can I get an Amen?" then instantly responded to Joes question.

Like the moment wasn't authentic and was just going through the motions.

Or maybe he didn't want to hear the crowds reaction?

He used it more as an expression, less as a request to the audience, I think. That, and he probably had enough adrenaline in his veins to bring an elephant out of a coma.

You're a little late...I already thanked you for being the first poster with enough balls to explain why ....but thanks for goin further in depth....:)

Sorry, I reply as I am reading the thread. Im always behind on the momentary conversation.

Think skinned? For the record i'm in the group that just doesn't care, but I do get the feeling that you are just trying to bait people into saying what you want to hear in this thread.

Oh I see you've resorted to pointing out a mistyped word. that's cute. But if you will pay attention, I have given several here credit for giving an honest answer......Thank you and go back to proofread all of my other posts and see what you can find.....

I cant decide if thats a simple spelling mistake or a complicated double insult I dont understand. Either way, I approve.

Back