Double lives

Brampton_Boy

Douchey Mc Douche
@red
Reaction score
So a bit of a strange question, but how many of you lead double lives?

The question came to mind as I was driving back from work - I was going to meet up with some acquaintances who, to put it mildly, are of "dubious" character. One guy is a practicing lawyer during the day, and a fairly large scale drug dealer on the side. Another is a chemist for a pharmaceutical company, that concocts all sorts of illicit substances in his home lab.

All super nice guys - family men with white collar jobs. However, they are into some serious shit (and I'm reasonably sure their significant others have no idea what they are up to)

We got to know each other over a common interest in bodybuilding and the gym scene. While I wouldn't necessarily go as far to say that I lead a double life, there is a massive disconnect between my professional and personal live(s).

I think like most people, I have different "versions" of myself. Who I am at work certainly isn't who I am with my family (or my friends). Even within my social network, I have a group of people that I go to the symphony and opera with , and another group where we are about as crass and boorish as can be. These facets of my life rarely intersect, so I think each group would be shocked to see the "other" me.

So Mayberry, anybody leading a double life? If so, do the people in your life know about it?

I dare not tell people I post on sherdog.

the horror.

I'm a totally different person on sherdog to what I am in real life.

e57.png

There are things in my life that people don't know about, but I wouldn't say I lead a double life. My circles intersect too much.

Back in the late 90s my friend Thomas worked as a computer programmer for some big corporation. But outside of work he was an illegal hacker, apparently feds showed up one day looking for him in the office. I saw him a few days later being chased in a subway but that was the last time I've seen him, I have no idea what happened to him but most of his old friends assume he passed away.

Back in the late 90s my friend Thomas worked as a computer programmer for some big corporation. But outside of work he was an illegal hacker, apparently feds showed up one day looking for him in the office. I saw him a few days later being chased in a subway but that was the last time I've seen him, I have no idea what happened to him but most of his old friends assume he passed away.

Yes, we all saw the matrix.

My friends and family know me as a terminally ill high school chemistry teacher, but in my secret double life I drive an RV out into the badlands outside of Alberquerque and cook crystal meth...

So a bit of a strange question, but how many of you lead double lives?

The question came to mind as I was driving back from work - I was going to meet up with some acquaintances who, to put it mildly, are of "dubious" character. One guy is a practicing lawyer during the day, and a fairly large scale drug dealer on the side. Another is a chemist for a pharmaceutical company, that concocts all sorts of illicit substances in his home lab.

All super nice guys - family men with white collar jobs. However, they are into some serious shit (and I'm reasonably sure their significant others have no idea what they are up to)

We got to know each other over a common interest in bodybuilding and the gym scene. While I wouldn't necessarily go as far to say that I lead a double life, there is a massive disconnect between my professional and personal live(s).

I think like most people, I have different "versions" of myself. Who I am at work certainly isn't who I am with my family (or my friends). Even within my social network, I have a group of people that I go to the symphony and opera with , and another group where we are about as crass and boorish as can be. These facets of my life rarely intersect, so I think each group would be shocked to see the "other" me.

So Mayberry, anybody leading a double life? If so, do the people in your life know about it?

I wouldn't say I have different 'versions' of myself since my overall personality is the same. However, I do behave somewhat differently depending on the environment.

For example, I never curse at work, I tend to use a more refined vernacular when at a formal dinner party compared to how I speak hanging out with friends and enjoying some drinks, I don't make crude jokes in public but I sometimes do in a more private setting, etc.

I don't think that's leading a double life though since all are facets of my personality. There's a time and place for everything and I simply realize what facets of my personality are appropriate given the current environment.

As a side note: not to get overly nosy or involved in a stranger's life but TS maybe you should consider not associating with criminals. I don't visualize that ending well.

My sherdog life, and maybe the different sports I do. ex) rugby and snowboarding and grappling all hugely different crowd with little cross over.

I think most people is slightly different when at work and with friends/family. We have to put up a professional appearance at work since it's business and all.

So the above is norm for everyone, not exactly a double live like your friends mentioned in OP.

I'm the same almost everywhere else even on internet. I "lurk" more than I post just like I listen more than I talk during gatherings. But when I talk, I tend to raise some eyebrows whether for the good or bad. Closer friends know me as a joker, new mates finds me interesting, again for good or bad.

Back