Double Guard Pull at Competition!

spiderpigbegins

White Belt
Reaction score
YouTube - BJJ Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Double Guard Pull

Sup, thougt I'd upload a short clip from one of my fights earlier this year. I'd been watching my opponents teammates to see if I could find a patern in their fighting. Sure enough I found a patern, many of them seemed to like to pull guard early in the fight. I didnt feel like being guard pulled so I decided to pull guard on him before he pulled on me(masterplan indeed). But it sort of backfired, sort of.

Now all we need is an auto-tune version for max lolz.

Lol, nice. I've seen that happen a whole lot in Black belt divisions from Featherweight on down to lower weights.

been there. when it happened to me it basically turned into the other guy pulling mount - he was a lot more explosive with his guard pulling than i was. kindof a bummer way to start a match.

:D

been there. when it happened to me it basically turned into the other guy pulling mount - he was a lot more explosive with his guard pulling than i was. kindof a bummer way to start a match.

:D
Hahaha no shit start the fight being 6 points down is a pretty sucky scenario, did you win?

I watched an all-black belt tournament last weekend, most if not all of the matches had someone pull guard. Very few takedowns. Most of the matches had double guard pulls. Basically the guys would circle, grab ahold of each other, then sit down.

This is what pisses me off the most, is the damn guard pullers, lotsa ppl in my gym do not wanna play the takedown game, and just rather sitdown. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU????

I've personally double guard pulled like 3 times by now so there :)

learn some Judo people! I get into guard in maybe 25% of my fights, the rest of the time I'm either on top or up in his guard. It's so much less tiring to fight this way.

i saw a vid once (from one of the high level ibjjf comps, but i forget the players) where both people pulled guard (one high and one low) and one went flying over the other.

learn some Judo people! I get into guard in maybe 25% of my fights, the rest of the time I'm either on top or up in his guard. It's so much less tiring to fight this way.

no is not, at least not for me, I find my self spending much more energy trying to break someones guard (specially if the guy has a strong close guard) than defending my guard...

no is not, at least not for me, I find my self spending much more energy trying to break someones guard (specially if the guy has a strong close guard) than defending my guard...

Exact opposite for me. Simple guard breaks man, physics.

Me too. When you are in someones guard, you are fighting them and gravity to keep your posture and break their guard open.

Back