Double Champs are Frauds

Not 0-0 but he realistically he should have to atleast fight a #1 contenders or defend the belt a number of times if challenging right away for title

Otherwise u could just keep bouncing around divisions picking off the champions u feel u can beat and rack up titles and not ever really fight there again or face the divisions best..

Imagine if conor left 155 anf challenged for the 170 right away and won then left it and challenged the 145 champion again...and won

Are we to really believe hes a 2 time fw champion and 155 champ amd 170 champ...cuz jumped infront of everyone...naw
What you’re not recognizing is that they are still winning those big fights against champions. Floyd didn’t bounce around as much as manny did but that doesn’t mean he didn’t pick fights or shy away from fights. Crawford has defended many titles but still hasn’t faced many of the best. I know boxing is different of course. But again, fighters legacies are based on their overall body of work. Not just stats.

Female goat....then there's the actual list of real goat contenders

Nope. She is the GOAT. I know you don't want to acknowledge the accomplishments of women, but Nunes is the best.

Jarl

I partially agree. I feel like most guys should have one fight before getting a title shot even if they are champion at the lower weight class.

It's still entertaining and an accomplishment to beat a champion (which makes you a champion, kind of how it works).

But i don't like the notion that champ champs or two div champs are automatically better than "normal" champs, especially if they never did anything else in that division before or after winning the belt (McGregor, GSP are examples of this).

Manny didn’t defend for a few weight classes. It’s still part of his record.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octuple_champion

True champion or not doesn’t really have any meaning. You can assess their careers noting they didn’t defend but their career includes those wins in those big moments.
This.

Its all alot of haterism.

"well hes not a TRUE champion...cos i dont like him!"

Manny didn’t defend for a few weight classes. It’s still part of his record.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octuple_champion

True champion or not doesn’t really have any meaning. You can assess their careers noting they didn’t defend but their career includes those wins in those big moments.

Im not taking away or dissing anyones championship victory i just believe your not a true champion in that division till you defend it and i think thats fair...i think the division or divisions manny didnt defend in and moved on from would say the same..he was never the true champion at that weight class cuz he took the belt and ran with it...and vacated and the division moved on without him and no1 cares about that particular title reign cuz there wasnt one...which goes back to my point your not a true champion of a division till you take that walk out as champion trying to defend the title you just won...IMO of course

Nope. She is the GOAT. I know you don't want to acknowledge the accomplishments of women, but Nunes is the best.

Jarl
No she isn't but she's the female goat. Any other actual goat contender or decent mma fighter would mop the floor with her. She accomplished great things by beating The who's who of wmma, however wmma is leagues below actual mma.

Also lol at your comment about women's accomolishments, "yOu HaTe WoMeN!1!1" no I don't, I just know men are naturally stronger and better fighters than women.

Last edited:

Jarl
Both MMA regular divisions and the P4P list are separated by sex, for good reason. In real life, as opposed to a movie, a trained, fit male will beat a trained, fit female, of similar size, 99.9% of the time.

It's dumb to to try and equalize men and women when it comes to athletics. That why both professional and and amateur sports generally evaluate them separately.

Im not taking away or dissing anyones championship victory i just believe your not a true champion in that division till you defend it and i think thats fair...i think the division or divisions manny didnt defend in and moved on from would say the same..he was never the true champion at that weight class cuz he took the belt and ran with it...and vacated and the division moved on without him and no1 cares about that particular title reign cuz there wasnt one...which goes back to my point your not a true champion of a division till you take that walk out as champion trying to defend the title you just won...IMO of course
i just don't see why that distinction has much meaning. obviously having title defenses and beating more contenders in a division carries more weight in that division than just popping in for 1 fight. like i said, people should just assess everything and not just focus on one thing (didn't defend, double champ)......

I think ur mistaken or not understanding me...shogun was a true champion because he defended his belt and lost to jones...he still made the walk as champion...guys who win a belt and never walk out to defend it arent true champions ie- Conor mcgregor was never the true champion of the 145 or 155 pound division

Henderson wasnt a true pride champion or strikeforce champion cuz he never got the chance to defend it...that said he was still a champion just not a true champion...a true champion defends there belt against ranked contenders...but its not his fault the promotions folded

Its not a hard concept to follow

No it cant be followed because its retarded opinion. Show me a source for This definition of a "true" champion.

If Clemson somehow beat the Chiefs (would never happen in a million years) why wouldn't we consider them the best football team when they would have just proven it? stupid ass hypothetical

Yeah I agree. It allows champions to avoid actually fighting the deeper ranks within the division. Like Conor was able to call himself lightweight champion without fighting Tony Khabib or any of the killers in the division.
The killers who couldn't have a belt because they kept pulling out of fights? Conor beat the champ, he was the champ.

No she isn't but she's the female goat. Any other actual goat contender or decent mma fighter would mop the floor with her. She accomplished great things by beating The who's who of wmma, however wmma is leagues below actual mma.

Also lol at your comment about women's accomolishments, "yOu HaTe WoMeN!1!1" no I don't, I just know men are naturally stronger and better fighters than women.

Wrong. Since there is no situation in all aspects of the multiverse where men and women fight each other professionally, you are merely stating some abstract, nebulous fantasy. Perhaps you want to fight women? Not sure why you'd bring that up otherwise. I'm talking about what is real...otherwise known as reality. In reality, Nunes has defeated every champion the UFC has ever had in three divisions, defended two belts multiple times and beaten other supposed GOATs like Cyborg, Rousey, Scehvchenko, etc. No one has that kind of resume, male or female...again...IN REALITY. You know, what is real. What has happened and is happening. Nunes IS the GOAT. Maybe ssome year that will change, but for now, she is the best.

Jarl

When you beat the champion you become the champion.

60355166.jpg

Wrong. Since there is no situation in all aspects of the multiverse where men and women fight each other professionally, you are merely stating some abstract, nebulous fantasy. Perhaps you want to fight women? Not sure why you'd bring that up otherwise. I'm talking about what is real...otherwise known as reality. In reality, Nunes has defeated every champion the UFC has ever had in three divisions, defended two belts multiple times and beaten other supposed GOATs like Cyborg, Rousey, Scehvchenko, etc. No one has that kind of resume, male or female...again...IN REALITY. You know, what is real. What has happened and is happening. Nunes IS the GOAT. Maybe ssome year that will change, but for now, she is the best.

Jarl
Stopped reading at 'want to fight women'

You are literally too stupid/fanatical to speak to. I'll do us both a favour and add you to my ignore list

Last edited:
Back