Double Champs are Frauds

You have to take it on a case by case basis. Someone going up and beating the best guy in another division does mean something,but what? It depends on the situation. But Fraudulent? no.

And no one cares what the same thing means in sports where people throw balls around. Not even close to comparable​

Going up in weight and winning 1 match doesn’t make you a champion of that division. To be a champ of a division you need to have had multiple fights and work your way up the rankings to a title shot. Or if you move up and win a title fight, you should defend it multiple times to show that you’re actually the best in the division you moved up to.

If the Clemson college football team played the KC Chiefs and won, does it make them the champion of the NFL? No. This new gimmick in MMA is a joke and should have no impact on GOAT status.
Winning a fight is a lot more definitive, and distinguished than winning some convoluted, fatuous activity like a Football game.

Reactions: HHJ
Winning a fight is a lot more definitive, and distinguished than winning some convoluted, fatuous activity like a Football game.
Also training camps take alot physically,as well as the damage you take in the fight. It better be fucking worth it.

Also training camps take alot physically,as well as the damage you take in the fight. It better be fucking worth it.
It's why most fighters only fight 2-4 times a year.

Reactions: HHJ
It's why most fighters only fight 2-4 times a year.
When Stipe was sitting out to wait for the DC fight people kept saying he should come back and take any fight to stay active. These people dont understand.

I find it laughable and repulsive that bald penis wanted Aldo to relinquish his FW Title before moving up to fight for the LW title. What makes this even more ridiculous and hypocritical is the fact that Aldo had defended numerous times and already cleared out his division.

Yet Canner didn’t have to even defend his title and walked right into the LW title shot... in the end he held up both divisions for years and needed to be stripped to finally get things moving again, all while Mac wasn’t generating a penny for the UFC, karma is a bitch...LoL

Nobody wanted to see Aldo fight so there was no way Dana was going to let him go for another belt

I find it laughable and repulsive that bald penis wanted Aldo to relinquish his FW Title before moving up to fight for the LW title. What makes this even more ridiculous and hypocritical is the fact that Aldo had defended numerous times and already cleared out his division.

Yet Canner didn’t have to even defend his title and walked right into the LW title shot... in the end he held up both divisions for years and needed to be stripped to finally get things moving again, all while Mac wasn’t generating a penny for the UFC, karma is a bitch...LoL
Aldo did not have a good relationship with Dana. He was not a huge draw,and openly critical of his pay. Also pulled out of fights alot. So Dana couldnt wait to get the one belt he had off him,not give him another one.

The fact that a guy from lower weight class can go up in weight and beat the champ from that class only means there are too many weight classes to begin with

If there was a 25 pound gap between weight classes doubt there would be too many “champ champs”, however then it would be an actual accomplishment

Like if khabib went up in weight and beat adesanya or Marty beat lhw champ

most of these guys walk around weight is 2 weight classes above theirs anyways

Agree 100% - gimmick dreamt up to sell the eight minute wonder.
it IS a gimmick,but it still involves a champion being legit dethroned

GSP’s double champ status is the most fraudulent of them all

She technically is, in for far as she’s P4P ranked. And they’ve convinced a lot of people she’s good relative to men

UFC mens and ladies p4p rankings are separate. If you want to hate on wmma, at least use a real reason.

Alvarez got a shot by winning 2 split decisions (after losing to Cerrone).

Eddie was ranked #1 before his fight with RDA was announced. He earned this ranking by beating the previous LW champ (#1) and his most recent challenger (#4). The Pettis decision was controversial but the Melendez one was not -- nobody besides judge Chris Lee thought Gilbert won that.

It really does not warrant mention in a discussion of undeserved title shots when fighters have gotten them coming off losses and even consecutive losses (Aldo, Edgar, Tate, Sonnen).

Last edited:
it IS a gimmick,but it still involves a champion being legit dethroned

It isn't easy. Nevertheless, title fights should be earned is the weight class where the belt resides, because the climb is a major part of being a champion.

And that, incidentally, is another reason why line jumpers are sport killers; they are being airlifted over legit contenders who might have the opportunity they have worked so hard for snatched away from them.

Eddie was ranked #1 before his fight with RDA was announced. He earned this ranking by beating the previous LW champ (#1) and his most recent challenger (#4). The Pettis decision was controversial but the Melendez one was not -- nobody besides judge Chris Lee thought Gilbert won that.

It really does not warrant mention in a discussion of undeserved title shots when fighters have gotten them coming off losses and even consecutive losses (Aldo, Edgar, Tate, Sonnen).
Khabib and Tony were on big win streaks at the time, I think Khabib was injured though if I remember correctly. Just saying it was a much easier way to get a title shot than what a lot of other guys had to do. Both guys were coming off losses and Eddie beat both by SD. Shocked the hell out of me when they announced he was getting a title shot.

Last edited:
Going up in weight and winning 1 match doesn’t make you a champion of that division. To be a champ of a division you need to have had multiple fights and work your way up the rankings to a title shot. Or if you move up and win a title fight, you should defend it multiple times to show that you’re actually the best in the division you moved up to.

If the Clemson college football team played the KC Chiefs and won, does it make them the champion of the NFL? No. This new gimmick in MMA is a joke and should have no impact on GOAT status.
I know where you're trying to go but fraud just the wrong word to use. It's tough to read your op with that eying me. I agree with some of what you posted and not so much with some. The Clemson KC analogy is poor cause Clemson would never win....or a great bama team or whoever. Its men vs boys. KC would be a 35 pt favorite over your standard ncaa champ. Israel has already posted as a significant favorite over Jan and I really dont know why Dana/UFC is doing this fight. A double champ fight should be a super fight....and this isnt- I agree that if Israel should win, he best be an incredibly active fighter and defend.

Hate it too. I don't mind it if its two champions that have been dominant in cleaning out their divisions. That's what a super fight is and it rarely takes place. It seems the only time the lower weight guy wants to take on the guy in the above weight class is when they believe it's easy pickins.

Back