Dos Santos said if Blaydes does too much wrestling, he may sub him.

Dacha

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Didn't know Dos Santos was thinking in that direction.

Jds has very underrated bjj.

So I've heard. Haven't seen it in a long ass time. Maybe it's a myth. Maybe all bjj is a myth. Maybe we are all just living in a simulation that bjj can be downloaded into him from the server.

Fuck that's some good weed.

JDS just gotta stay on his feet, and utilize head movement and use his awareness better of where his opponent is at.

I believe he can pull this off. He's been through a lot more wars than Curtis.. But mma math is meaningless, right folks?

I've read this more like

"PLEASE, dont wrestle me"

I feel the fight will go to the ground and JDS will fold quickly as soon as Blaydes lands something hard.

Many fighters couldn't manage to take JDS down.

But Blaydes might be more physical wrestler on whole another level.

MMA math is meaningles at this HW level.

Last edited:
Subscribe to his YouTube channel

He’s fucked, frankly. I wish him the best, but wouldn’t take him at +250. I’d be happy if he proved me wrong.

LOL. If he Blaydes gets on top of him it will be Blaydes first KO victory ever

Should have just subbed Cain 2 times if he’s got it like that.

More likely Blaydes knocks him out standing, JDS winning via sub.
{<jordan}

Many fighters couldn't manage to take JDS down.

But Blaydes might be more physical wrestler on another level.

MMA math is meaningles at this HW level.

Part of good TDD are fast reflexes and good mobility, which decline with age and wear. Many fighters had good TDD in their primes but it declined later. Rampage is the most obvious example, though some of his decline comes from lack of training and conditioning. But it's also true of Overeem, Machida, Penn and many others who once had good TDD.

I'd pick 2009 JDS over Blaydes based on his TDD, speed, striking and chin when he was younger. I pick Blaydes over 2020 JDS.

As for JDS getting a submission, his last submission victory was in 2006 against some unknown guy. The odds of him submitting a big, competent wrestler now are very, very slim.

If Blaydes gets on top of him he will slice his face to ribbons with vicious elbows and forearm smashes

Part of good TDD are fast reflexes and good mobility, which decline with age and wear. Many fighters had good TDD in their primes but it declined later. Rampage is the most obvious example, though some of his decline comes from lack of training and conditioning. But it's also true of Overeem, Machida, Penn and many others who once had good TDD.

I'd pick 2009 JDS over Blaydes based on his TDD, speed, striking and chin when he was younger. I pick Blaydes over 2020 JDS.

As for JDS getting a submission, his last submission victory was in 2006 against some unknown guy. The odds of him submitting a big, competent wrestler now are very, very slim.

Mostly like a ko victory for Blaydes. I agree, 2009 JDS would of won.

Bleh I remember Big Nog predicting JDS was gonna sub Cain

Almost subbed cain but was too tired and got koed

Would lose my shit if he did but it's more likely he gets taken down and TKOed

Being a JDS fan has been hard these last few years

Maybe, but I'm hoping for a KO. Please Junior, put this guy to sleep.

JDS has better boxing, so all Blaydes has to do is to try to slip under a jab or right hand and go for a takedown.

But JDS is known to back up against a cage, which makes some takedowns harder for Blaydes.

Should be very interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back