Dos Santos haters coming out of no where

It's pretty disgusting seeing people shit on junior when he's been nothing but a good representative of the sport. He doesn't say dumb shit and get DUIs. Doesn't make the ufc look bad. It's weird seeing this almost ravenous hatred towards him

I don't think Jones should get hated on as much as he does, he at least tries to be a good role model. Dos Santos should get more respect.

i don't understand how anyone can hate jds

I agree.

I find it funny that all these people are hating on JDS now that he has lost one fight. Before this people were saying he was the best heavyweight ever.

The funny thing is that people did the same thing after the first fight with velasquez. As soon as Cain got knocked out everyone said "Cain was overhyped" or "he never fought anyone good". Now Cain wins the title he is the best ever and Junior is overated.

I disagree completley with both sides. They are both fantastic fighters with great skills and i look forward to seeing a 3rd fight.

It's called Derpdog -- Everyone goes full retard after a fight with over reactions.

I've been hating for a while. His one-dimensional style finally caught up with him.

They now have the confidence to bark on about how he is terrible and a baby eater etc.

I've been hating for a while. His one-dimensional style finally caught up with him.

In no way do you have to like JDS, but he's hardly one dimensional IMO. Even when gassed he showed decent TDD and an ability to get it back to the feet. That's similar to saying Liddell's one dimensional style caught up to him when he was beaten by Couture, even though he went on to use that same style to defeat him twice after that.

Of course I'm not implying that's necessarily what's going to happen in the case of JDS & Cain. But there's no denying Cigano can come into their next fight a lot more prepared for Cain's pace, and put on a much better showing using the same fundamental style he always has.

In no way do you have to like JDS, but he's hardly one dimensional IMO. Even when gassed he showed decent TDD and an ability to get it back to the feet. That's similar to saying Liddell's one dimensional style caught up to him when he was beaten by Couture, even though he went on to use that same style to defeat him twice after that.

Liddell has a wrestling background while JDS is unable to grapple. He did not even tried to do anything against Cain and was really scared when Carwin caught him in a submission that was almost impossible to finish.

But I do respect him as a person and a fighter. His striking is a notch above the rest, maybe except the Reem, and his TDD is great a well.

I have been saying for a while that Cain is a more complete fighter and it was up to him to decide how the fight goes. Cain did an amazing job to win.

It is pathetic that most on Sherdog recognised Junior as one of the next great HW fighters and then when he finally gets beat and beat bad they're posting thread after thread overanalysing all aspects of his game as if they saw this coming and he's overrated. He's still one of the top 2 HWs and an incredible fighter. This loss doesn't negate everything he'd accomplished and its not like he's an over the hill shell of himself. Grow up Sherdog.

He's hardly one dimensional IMO. Even when gassed he showed decent TDD and an ability to get it back to the feet.

Wrestling encompasses much more than just that. Also, his bjj is below average.

Fair weather fans. Fuck em, Still riding the JDS bandwagon.

Liddell has a wrestling background while JDS is unable to grapple. He did not even tried to do anything against Cain and was really scared when Carwin caught him in a submission that was almost impossible to finish.

But I do respect him as a person and a fighter. His striking is a notch above the rest, maybe except the Reem, and his TDD is great a well.

I have been saying for a while that Cain is a more complete fighter and it was up to him to decide how the fight goes. Cain did an amazing job to win.

But if he isn't capable of grappling, how was it that he was able to get back to his feet on a couple occasions? He did seem to be caught in the choke by Carwin, but wasn't he also holding on to it a few seconds after the fight ended? I'm not saying JDS is a world beater on the mat, but he can hold his own. Cain is very well rounded fighter though, and obviously got the better of JDS in the latest fight.

Im a JDS fan , but the Cain fans have been putting up with alot of shit since the first fight , Let them have there moment thats half the fun on here

Wrestling encompasses much more than just that. Also, his bjj is below average.

We've only seen him on the mat for an extended period of time once in the UFC, and you can determine this as fact based off a fight in which he could barely stand after the first round? To me that would indicate his cardio to be the weakest link, rather than his grappling. That's your opinion though and you're entitled to it. I think I've been arguing on this subject way too long anyway lol.

I find it funny that all these people are hating on JDS now that he has lost one fight. Before this people were saying he was the best heavyweight ever.

The funny thing is that people did the same thing after the first fight with velasquez. As soon as Cain got knocked out everyone said "Cain was overhyped" or "he never fought anyone good". Now Cain wins the title he is the best ever and Junior is overated.

I disagree completley with both sides. They are both fantastic fighters with great skills and i look forward to seeing a 3rd fight.

Thats fine....let em talk all they want. We'll wait for the 3rd fight.

All I gotta say is Sherdog........choose your sides now.

Personally Im going to war vs the Cain fans for till the next fight is over.

They're both good fighters. As far as a 3rd fight goes I think Dos Santos has some work to do before he gets a title shot. He should beat at least one top contender.

Cain didn't get an immediate rematch after his loss and the rematch was not competitive. When you beat someone that severely it is seen as more decisive even than a quick knockout because a quick knockout can be claimed to be a fluke whereas a prolonged beating is seen as a dominant performance proving one fighter superior to the other. I think a rematch is winnable for Junior but he needs to earn it and he has something to prove in a rubber match.

The JDS haters... were actually the biggest JDS bandwagoneers.

Back