Dos Santos haters coming out of no where

I think anyone giving JDS any shit needs to realize that by doing so you are taking away from how good Cain V really is. I remember the first fight thinking with many others that this was the first time since probably the rematch between Fedor/Big Nog where you couldn't just flat out say "This guy is going to win!" Then JDS walks out and destroys him in a minute so it wasn't very flattering, although I did give Cain the benefit of the doubt for being off a year and jumping into a fight with arguably the top HW in the world.

It really showed JDS' heart to last 5 rounds and take such an ass beating lol. He looked like She-Borg Santos after that fight yet still had a smile on his face. IMO, JDS needed a fight like this because he was starting to get a little too arrogant, which is ok but when you're claiming you could go in and knock out Klitchko and this and that, he needed to get back to being like Big Nog, quiet, humble, respectful.

I'm dying for a rematch. How soon do you think they'd put that together? Would the UFC be willing to give Bigfoot Silva a rematch after beating Browne and Overeem considering how badly his ass was beat as well by Cain? I think if Cain v. Reem happens, and Cain wins that fight, then unless Struve or Bigfoot beat Dos Santos during that time we could very well see a JDS v. Cain V fight happen in 2011, 2012, and 2013.

Both Cain and JDS are so good that they can make each other look like trash.
it's called "fair weather fans"
That and fanboys plus band-wagoners.

Seriously, these guys are good at every aspect of MMA. These might be the 1st 2 UFC Heavyweights you could say that about in a fight. If you don't want a trilogy fight, there is something wrong with you. This is the next Arlovski/Sylvia, except I don't see either of them going on a downward spiral.

I appreciate JDS as a person but I said since their first fight that the odds of JDS landing a haymaker on Cain's temple again were slim to none and that proved to be true. Cains grappling will neutralize JDS at least 75% of the time. Cain will take the third in another hard-fought decision.

Both Cain and JDS are so good that they can make each other look like trash.

That and fanboys plus band-wagoners.

Seriously, these guys are good at every aspect of MMA. These might be the 1st 2 UFC Heavyweights you could say that about in a fight. If you don't want a trilogy fight, there is something wrong with you. This is the next Arlovski/Sylvia, except I don't see either of them going on a downward spiral.

Not sure which one of you said what, but I agree with all of you.

I find it funny that all these people are hating on JDS now that he has lost one fight. Before this people were saying he was the best heavyweight ever.

The funny thing is that people did the same thing after the first fight with velasquez. As soon as Cain got knocked out everyone said "Cain was overhyped" or "he never fought anyone good". Now Cain wins the title he is the best ever and Junior is overated.

I disagree completley with both sides. They are both fantastic fighters with great skills and i look forward to seeing a 3rd fight.

Shertard logic. The SAME people spouting off this non-sensical bullshit are the SAME fucktard nitwits that Rogan was talking about that "BOO!" at fights.

Fuck em.

Oddly enough I want to see JDS / Overeem even more now, answer some more questions

It's the way it goes, it seems. Once you get the crap beat out of you, everyone thinks you're a bum. If Dos Santos comes out and KO's his next opponent, he will be a god again.

That's why i dont believe anything said on this website. i only come here for giggles. at fat nerds trying too hard.

Don't understand haters. HW GOAT to exposed in one fight = regular day in Sherdog.

JDS is a beast, I just think Cain is better and he proved it.

he lost his last fight. That means he sucks and was never that good anyway

well its classic sherdog. anyone remember Fedor vs CC?

I find it funny that all these people are hating on JDS now that he has lost one fight. Before this people were saying he was the best heavyweight ever.

The funny thing is that people did the same thing after the first fight with velasquez. As soon as Cain got knocked out everyone said "Cain was overhyped" or "he never fought anyone good". Now Cain wins the title he is the best ever and Junior is overated.

I disagree completley with both sides. They are both fantastic fighters with great skills and i look forward to seeing a 3rd fight.

Yep, it sucks. Welcome to Sherdog, though I suspect it's more a correlation between human nature and new fans just now getting into MMA. There's not enough respect around here. Hating either Cain or JDS for their accomplishments is ridiculous. And that's even before the two ever squared off.

That fight was so lopsided and disappointing that I'm not surprised there's a lot of bandwagoneering and "what have you done for me lately" going on.

I feel as if people dont understand that Sherdog isnt a single person posting. Different people post at different times with different opinions.

He lost a big fight recently so he's overrated now, standard reaction from MMA fans.

I don't think it's anything personal when it comes to JDS. There just seems to be a mass of people who come out of the woodwork to kick other people when they're down on here. They came out when Silva almost lost to Sonnen, they came out when GSP lost to Serra, they came out when Shogun lost to Bones, and they came out when Fedor started his losing streak. Basically, whenever a fighter who's gained any sort of popularity in this sport loses, lots of people seem to love tearing down everything they've accomplished up until that point.

I don't really think there's more of these kinds of posters on here than the ones who respect the fighters. Just it's usually the people who have the least to say that speak the most.

Back