Dos Anjos vs. Lawler at UFC 200? Anybody?

He unified his belt once, does that count? Of course it should, because the night he won that interim belt it would have been the actual belt. meaning he'd have the same amount of defenses as Dos Anjos.

What a strange way to detract from conor, you already know Dos Anjos fought pettis in march and didn't defend until the end of December. Where as Conor fought 3 times that year in 2 title affairs.

but cling on to your little technicallity, because really it's all you have in what ever pathetic excuse for an argument you're trying to make.

First of all, Aldo was not an an inactive champion. They added that interim championship for keeping the attractiveness of that card intact. That belt thing was unnecessary. before UFC 189 last time Aldo defended his belt was 9 months ago. You can't strip any champion for 9 months of inactivity. Besides Belt unification does not fall into the category of title defense. So no, He hasn't defended his belt yet.

Second of all,

Conor has a 7 years old(2008-15) MMA career. In between these years Conor has fought 21 times, avging 3 fights per year.
RDA has a 11 years old ( 2004-15) MMA Career. In between these years RDA fought 32 times. avging 2.909 or approx 3 fights per year. literally same.

Third of all
Conor started to fight in UFC from April,2013 & From 2013(April) he has 7 fights in UFC. in the same time span RDA fought 8 times( first fight in 2013 in August). So how can claim such an absurd thing like Conor is more active than RDA?

Besides, RDA came to Pettis fight injured with a torn ACL. he was recovering from that injury. That's why he took some time off for recovering from that injury.

Last edited:
You went full retard.
First of all, Aldo was not an an inactive champion. They added that interim championship for keeping the attractiveness of that card intact. That belt thing was unnecessary. before UFC 189 last time Aldo defended his belt was 9 months ago. You can't strip any champion for 9 months of inactivity. Besides Belt unification does not fall into the category of title defense. So no, He hasn't defended his belt yet.

Second of all,

Conor has a 7 years old(2008-15) MMA career. In between these years Conor has fought 21 times, avging 3 fights per year.
RDA has a 11 years old ( 2004-15) MMA Career. In between these years RDA fought 32 times. aving 2.909 or approx 3 fights per year. literally same.

Third of all
Conor started to fight in UFC from 2013 & From 2013(april) he has 7 fights in UFC. in the same timespan RDA fought 8 times( first fight in 2013 in August). So how can claim such an absurd thing like Conor is more active than RDA?

Besides, RDA came to Pettis fight injured with a torn ACL. he was recovering from that injury. That's why he took some time off for recovering from that injury.

lmao you didn't even read my whole post did you? I basically said all of those things. to compare 1 title defense to 0 (which would be 1, if not for circumstances not involving conor), just to prove a point in an argument is pretty retarded. you know this. You're going with hard facts and that's nice, but remember to provide context.

the reality is, they are both relatively active champions. it can be highlighted by the fact that in the last 3 title fights the promotion has put on, both have been involved. so really, it's a hair splitting argument that proves nothing.

If Robbie fights Wonderboy and Dos Anjos doesn't pull out of the McGregor fight, they both lose by KO.

It's a shitty fight. Both guys just lost by KO. They're from two different weight classes. Plus, this is probably the easiest fight Lawler could ever have. Plus Lawler likely fights at UFC 199, so I doubt he wants to fight one month later.

lmao you didn't even read my whole post did you? I basically said all of those things. to compare 1 title defense to 0 (which would be 1, if not for circumstances not involving conor), just to prove a point in an argument is pretty retarded. you know this. You're going with hard facts and that's nice, but remember to provide context.

Due to your fondness of Conor, you have skipped the main conversation & straight came here to defend him. Here is the thing, Main argument was with @johncola, Who claimed Conor to be a more active champion( in this case the exact term he was looking for was fighter, not Champion). I denied it. The data shows that both are kind of active in a same level.

Yeah after reading your OG post, I saw you say that. Because It wasn't really an exact reply to my comment, I skipped it. So I retract my statement & if I came offensive in my post, I apologise. But regarding the original argument, My OG reply is still correct.

most champs dont have the balls of conor so no it wont happen. fighting a heaver champ > defending the belt.

A LW coming off a loss? Rather see Lawler vs Conor for 3 belts.

most champs dont have the balls of conor so no it wont happen. fighting a heaver champ > defending the belt.
Don't have the balls?? He is literally a lightweight fighter & his original intention was to fight in the Lightweight division. It's UFC who forced him to fight in Featherweight division. By fighting in FW, he was just making some extreme cuts. That's all.

BTW both Edgar & Machida have bigger balls than Conor & they already have proven it by fighting in their walking around weights.

How many times has Conor defended his belt?
To answer, your question, 1 time or 0 times, depending on whether or not you consider the Aldo fight a defense. In any case, not many times.

However, that isn't important, because my claim that he's an "active champion" isn't based on how many title defenses he has. Conor has the "anytime, anywhere" attitude. He's spoken of wanting to fight 4 times per year. He said he'd fight everyone on the roster in 4 months. He's specifically referred to his intent to be an active champion. He wanted to fighter Faber, or anyone, on the 2015 Dublin card. That's partly the reason why he's been given this shot at Rafael.

Meanwhile, RDA specifically chose to sit out for months in 2015. Cerrone was complaining about not knowing when he'd get the fight. There were talks that it wasn't gonna happen even as early as December. Unlike with Conor, Rafael hasn't stated his intent to be active, so all we have to go by is his time on the shelf. And that was a lot of time in 2015. I'd hazard a guess that if Conor wasn't pushing for this big money fight for RDA, he wouldn't be fighting the next Lightweight contender in March. To be fair to Rafael, I could be wrong on that, and it's only my opinion based on his actions last year (and his teammate's actions before Super Bowl weekend).

Back