Dos Anjos Checkmates McGregor

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dos Anjos checkmates McGregor at the cost of the biggest payday in his life.

Was it a good move to make?

McGregor is now forced to either make 145 to defend his title to save the dual-title card, or he simply perhaps moves to co-main and fights someone else @ 155, which is big hurdle in his grand scheme of things (big payday).

Conor is going to lose that "Can he" vibe at 155 fighting anyone in the top5. Perhaps top10.

If he cuts to 145, it is seriously going to be torture on his body. What will Conor McG do?

Lets tune in to find out.

PS RDA didn't show up so Conor's technically 2-division champ. History baby!

Ever played chess before? Checkmate is supposed to be the final move, not the queens's gambit!

The poor wee fella must have been shitting himself. He's probably been experiencing night terrors,ever since the fight was announced.
Scared.gif

Don't think you understand what "checkmate" means.
Hint: It's not dropping out of the fight 2 weeks out.

yeah, mcgregor got fucked

but RDA, if the fight happens in the future he will still make big bucks, but he denied mcgregor the opportunity to maybe beat him and set up lawler ufc 200, it is what it is

Conor now risks losing to some replacement fighter at LW. That would instantly derail his hype train.

Losing to the champ RDA wouldn't be as bad.

They should pull Conor and move him to 200 to either fight RDA (if fit) or Frankie. It's too big an ask to have someone step in and headline like that for 196.

No way McGregor can cut weight and make FW ... he needs to fight at LW ... Who wants to step up to the slaughterhouse?

The poor wee fella must have been shitting himself. He's probably been experiencing night terrors,ever since the fight was announced.
Scared.gif
But once again he's the one that will show up fight day, with his opponent sitting at home praying he loses.

Pretty sure they'll have no problem making a conor non-title fight the main event over an actual title fight, especially a women's one

Are you high or just retarded? In chess the checkmate is the ultimate winning position. It's bizarre that you would use that for RDA breaking his foot and pulling out of the biggest and most financially rewarding fight of his life. Even more bizarre is you calling it that and then asking sherdog if it was a good move or not?

And McGregor is "forced" to do something? No, nobody forces Conor to do anything, he chooses from many intriguing and highly profitable options. The only possible downgrade is not fighting for the title, though I'll laugh my ass off if they make whoever he fights for the interim title. I can only imagine the howls of pain around here if he KO's Nate Diaz for the interim belt.

But once again he's the one that will show up fight day, with his opponent sitting at home praying he loses.

Incase you didn't know, i was talking about RDA.

the fact that you think they would even consider having him make 145 shows how little you know.

No way McGregor can cut weight and make FW ... he needs to fight at LW ... Who wants to step up to the slaughterhouse?

Cerrone's game, and I think it's the fight that get's made if one happens.

Back