Dope KOs That Nobody Ever Remembers

I always used to say, if he would have gotten past Lauzon and got the title fight everyone thought he was going to get... he would’ve KOed Frankie. Frankie used to get dropped by EVERYONE he fought in title fights when he was champ. Get clipped by Melvin and good luck recovering.
True but I don’t think Melvin would keep the belt very long. Lightweight is just too deep.

True but I don’t think Melvin would keep the belt very long. Lightweight is just too deep.
Oh for sure, would have been a short title reign. That Jackson-Wink Melvin was just a bad matchup for Frankie at that time, but he would’ve lost to Gray Maynard or some shit directly after.

Melvin was a favorite of mine for a long time. Easily the hardest puncher LW has ever had. That run he had when he was training at Jackson Wink was really fun to watch.
Agreed. Not trashing McGregor here, but when people claim he has unrivaled power, I just think how different their KO's of poor Siver were. At any rate, Melvin's KO of Waylon Lowe was equal parts impressive and hilariously tragic seeing as he legitimately lifted Lowe off the ground when he obliterated his midsection.

Agreed. Not trashing McGregor here, but when people claim he has unrivaled power, I just think how different their KO's of poor Siver were. At any rate, Melvin's KO of Waylon Lowe was equal parts impressive and hilariously tragic seeing as he legitimately lifted Lowe off the ground when he obliterated his midsection.
Hardest knee to the mid section I’ve ever seen.

Hardest knee to the mid section I’ve ever seen.
Melvin was Horrorshow, pure kinetic horrorshow
tumblr_movezoGGG61ry1rm7o1_250.gif

Melvin was Horrorshow, pure kinetic horrorshow
View attachment 629643
Yeah, I'd definitely say he's the most offensively gifted LW I've ever seen in terms of physical talents and sheer firepower. I can't even really think of anyone close off the top of my head. You'll have fighters like Stephens or Gomi who can match or approach him in just raw power at impact, but nothing like his speed and explosiveness. Although being a gargantuan LW helps too I suppose.

Yeah, I'd definitely say he's the most offensively gifted LW I've ever seen in terms of physical talents and sheer firepower. I can't even really think of anyone close off the top of my head. You'll have fighters like Stephens or Gomi who can match or approach him in just raw power at impact, but nothing like his speed and explosiveness. Although being a gargantuan LW helps too I suppose.
He might pack the most pop of the 55ers good point

The fight was really boring but the KO was impressive.

ezgif249ef57f879a91565758897.gif

Iirc that was the only ko of the night n mir didn’t get 50gs probably the only time it happen

I was like the only Jonathan Brookins fan in history. He had a lot of potential and basically won ultimate fighter on sheer force of will. But then he became more focused on being the best hippy he could be instead of the best fighter.

Also Aldo fucked his legs up permanent.

tumblr_pf97o9YIG11uqgszq_540.gif

Hit the fuckin jump man on em lmao RIP kid Yamamoto

Forgotten but still electrifying!
Counter right hand that has barnett's head bobble around like he was in punch out and then rizzo cuts a small angle and hits him with another right hand and walks off.
Fucking Barnett looks right into the camera right after it happens.
Then Marcos ruas congratulates Rizzo
Good stuff

I remember Dunham's KO of Per Eklund, the first swede to compete in the UFC.
2j1r8rm.gif

Still remember Rogan's commentary to this day

"AND EKLUND WENT DOWN LIKE HE GOT SHOT!!!!!"

If I was only shown that GIF and was told Frank Mir was a master striking technician I would absolutely believe it.
Pfffff you don’t need to be a master to counter the girliest punch thrown in UFC history

Back