DOOM PATROL (Season 3 Trailer; Returns Sept. 23 on HBO Max)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
DOOM PATROL Live-Action Series from Greg Berlanti Set at DC Digital Service

hjNcgWH.jpg

Greg Berlanti is adding yet another series to TV record haul. DC Universe, the forthcoming subscription digital service from Warner Bros. Digital Networks, has handed out a 13-episode, straight-to-series order for a live-action scripted drama based on DC Comics' Doom Patrol.

Doom Patrol, based on the iconic DC Comics characters,will written by Supernatural's Jeremy Carver, who will exec produce alongside Berlanti — the prolific exec producer behind The CW's Arrow-verse — and DC Entertainment president Geoff Johns. Doom Patrol is Berlanti's fourth series order in the past two weeks, joining CBS' God Friended Me, Red Line and The CW's All American and his incredible 14th overall, adding to his impressive TV record.

Doom Patrol is described as a reimagining of one of DC's most beloved group of outcast superheroes: Robotman, Negative Man, Elasti-Girl and Crazy Jane and led by modern-day mad scientist Dr. Niles Caulder (The Chief). The Doom Patrol's members each suffered accidents that gave them superhuman abilities — but also left them scarred and disfigured. Traumatized and downtrodden, the team found purpose through The Chief, who brought them together to investigate the weirdest phenomena in existence — and to protect Earth from what they find. Part support group, part superhero team, the Doom Patrol is a band of super-powered freaks who fight for a world that wants nothing to do with them. The drama picks up after the events of Titans — which is also in the works at DC Universe and produced by Berlanti — Doom Patrol will find the reluctant heroes in a place they never expected to be, called to action by Cyborg, who comes to them with a mission hard to refuse, but with a warning that is hard to ignore: their lives will never, ever be the same.

Doom Patrol hails from Warner Bros. Television and studio-based Berlanti Productions, with the latter company's Sarah Schechter set to exec produce alongside Berlanti, Johns and Carver. The drama is based on DC characters originally written and drawn by Arnold Drake, Bob Haney and Bruno Premiani.

The Doom Patrol characters have previously been featured in animated series Teen Titans and Batman: The Brave and the Bold, with animated shorts of the heroes included in part of DC Nation Shorts. The Doom Patrol are poised to appear in the fifth episodes of Berlanti's DC Universe live-action drama Titans, with Bruno Bichir as The Chief; April Bowlby as Elasti-Girl, Jake Michaels as Robotman and Dwain Murphy as Negative Man.

Doom Patrol is the latest series in the works for DC Universe and joins straight-to-series live-action Superman prequel Metropolis; Titans; and a pair of animated series from Warner Bros. Animation, Harley Quinn and Young Justice: Outsiders. Alan Moore's beloved Swamp Thing is also in development for the DC digital service, which is poised to launch this year.

With the pickup, Berlanti has padded his TV record to 14 live-action scripted series — all dramas. Of those, 10 are on broadcast: The CW's All American, Arrow, Black Lightning, Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Riverdale and Supergirl; NBC's Blindspot; CBS' God Friended Me and The Red Line; plus one at Netflix, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina; Lifetime's You; and DC Universe's Titans and Doom Patrol.

13-Episode Live-Action 'Doom Patrol' Straight-to-Series From Greg Berlanti Set at DC Digital Service

Never heard of this group...but i am a fan of Supernatural, and if their writer is working on this, it could be good

If DC fucks this up I'll never, eeeeeeeeeeeeeever, forgive them.

tenor.gif

Arcudi%2B2003%2B-%2BDoom%2BPatrol.jpg

Loved this run. The new series out is supposed to be pretty good as well, I have the first trade but haven't gotten around to it. :oops:

I saw the title and thought the video game "Doom" was getting a series where they patrol the mean streets of Hell.

Needless to say I'm,
giphy.gif

DOOM PATROL Live-Action Series from Greg Berlanti Set at DC Digital Service

hjNcgWH.jpg

Greg Berlanti is adding yet another series to TV record haul. DC Universe, the forthcoming subscription digital service from Warner Bros. Digital Networks, has handed out a 13-episode, straight-to-series order for a live-action scripted drama based on DC Comics' Doom Patrol.

Doom Patrol, based on the iconic DC Comics characters,will written by Supernatural's Jeremy Carver, who will exec produce alongside Berlanti — the prolific exec producer behind The CW's Arrow-verse — and DC Entertainment president Geoff Johns. Doom Patrol is Berlanti's fourth series order in the past two weeks, joining CBS' God Friended Me, Red Line and The CW's All American and his incredible 14th overall, adding to his impressive TV record.

Doom Patrol is described as a reimagining of one of DC's most beloved group of outcast superheroes: Robotman, Negative Man, Elasti-Girl and Crazy Jane and led by modern-day mad scientist Dr. Niles Caulder (The Chief). The Doom Patrol's members each suffered accidents that gave them superhuman abilities — but also left them scarred and disfigured. Traumatized and downtrodden, the team found purpose through The Chief, who brought them together to investigate the weirdest phenomena in existence — and to protect Earth from what they find. Part support group, part superhero team, the Doom Patrol is a band of super-powered freaks who fight for a world that wants nothing to do with them. The drama picks up after the events of Titans — which is also in the works at DC Universe and produced by Berlanti — Doom Patrol will find the reluctant heroes in a place they never expected to be, called to action by Cyborg, who comes to them with a mission hard to refuse, but with a warning that is hard to ignore: their lives will never, ever be the same.

Doom Patrol hails from Warner Bros. Television and studio-based Berlanti Productions, with the latter company's Sarah Schechter set to exec produce alongside Berlanti, Johns and Carver. The drama is based on DC characters originally written and drawn by Arnold Drake, Bob Haney and Bruno Premiani.

The Doom Patrol characters have previously been featured in animated series Teen Titans and Batman: The Brave and the Bold, with animated shorts of the heroes included in part of DC Nation Shorts. The Doom Patrol are poised to appear in the fifth episodes of Berlanti's DC Universe live-action drama Titans, with Bruno Bichir as The Chief; April Bowlby as Elasti-Girl, Jake Michaels as Robotman and Dwain Murphy as Negative Man.

Doom Patrol is the latest series in the works for DC Universe and joins straight-to-series live-action Superman prequel Metropolis; Titans; and a pair of animated series from Warner Bros. Animation, Harley Quinn and Young Justice: Outsiders. Alan Moore's beloved Swamp Thing is also in development for the DC digital service, which is poised to launch this year.

With the pickup, Berlanti has padded his TV record to 14 live-action scripted series — all dramas. Of those, 10 are on broadcast: The CW's All American, Arrow, Black Lightning, Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Riverdale and Supergirl; NBC's Blindspot; CBS' God Friended Me and The Red Line; plus one at Netflix, The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina; Lifetime's You; and DC Universe's Titans and Doom Patrol.

13-Episode Live-Action 'Doom Patrol' Straight-to-Series From Greg Berlanti Set at DC Digital Service

I don't know much about the Doom Patrol but it's nice to see DC doing lesser known characters.

Doom Patrol was an awesome and trippy book that I loved as a teen. It had so many weird, abstract concepts featured in it. It needs to be weird and it has to have Cliff / Robotman.

His track record of other TV shows looks meh, so I'm not sure if I'm on board. I'm done with these CSI style super hero shows. I really tried to watch Flash season 4, but it's just too childish.

Is this some kind of Paw Patrol spin off?

DC, fucking clowns, they take good material and destroy everything

Update: July 13, 2018

April Bowlby to Play Elasti-Woman in DOOM PATROL in DC Universe Live-Action Series

4HTaHky.jpg

April Bowlby, who plays Rita Farr, aka Elasti-Woman (fka Elasti-Girl), in a guest-starring stint on the upcoming DC Universe series Titans, will reprise the role as one of the leads of the digital service’s follow-up live-action series Doom Patrol, from Greg Berlanti and Warner Bros TV.

Bowlby’s Rita Farr, an actress on the rise, adopts the moniker of Elasti-Woman after she was exposed to a toxic gas that altered her cellular structure. Longing for the days of old, Rita finds a place for herself among the Doom Patrol.

Jeremy Carver is writing Doom Patrol, a reimagining of the beloved superhero DC characters originally written and drawn by Arnold Drake, Bob Haney and Bruno Premiani. It revolves around Robotman, Negative Man, Elasti-Woman (Bowlby) and Crazy Jane, led by modern-day mad scientist Dr. Niles Caulder aka The Chief. The Doom Patrol’s members each suffered horrible accidents that gave them superhuman abilities — but also left them scarred and disfigured. Traumatized and downtrodden, the team found purpose through The Chief, who brought them together to investigate the weirdest phenomena in existence — and to protect Earth from what they find. Part support group, part Super Hero team, the Doom Patrol is a band of super-powered freaks who fight for a world that wants nothing to do with them.

Picking up after the events of Titans, Doom Patrol will find these reluctant heroes in a place they never expected to be, called to action by none other than Cyborg, who comes to them with a mission hard to refuse, but with a warning that is hard to ignore: their lives will never, ever be the same.

Doom Patrol, which received a 13-episode straight-to-series order in May, begins production this year for a 2019 premiere on DC Universe, the joint venture of Warner Bros Digital Networks and DC Entertainment. It will follow the live-action Titans, slated to debut later this year.

Bowlby, best known for playing Stacy Barrett on all six seasons of Drop Dead Diva, recently was a series regular in Fox drama pilot Gone Baby Gone based on Dennis Lehane’s bestselling book. She just became available after the pilot did not go to series.

‘Doom Patrol’: April Bowlby To Play Elasti-Woman In DC Universe Live-Action Series

April Bowlby is still around?

One of the all-time sitcom hotties.

Back