Doom is 25 Years Old Today

I wasn't too crazy about Final Doom. I know it was just two new episodes and it was more difficult, but I didn't care for a lot of the maps besides "Go 2 It", "Hunted", and a few others.
I love quite a few maps from Evilution but I absolutely hate The Plutonia Experiment. Just ridiculously cheap.

What did y'all think about the novels?
Completely forgot about these. I had the Knee Deep in the Dead one. Don't really remember it but question why my mom allowed me to get that shit as a kid in hindsight.

Played the crap out of Doom II and Ultimate Doom on my best friends 486. Was the first game I ever played MP over the internet. Good ole 28.8k dial up and Com Port 3-4.

Rocket launchers = "get it wet"

Edit: 2016 was so good. What a franchise.

Last edited:
So after two days of working on an old ass compaq neoserver that has windows me on it, and ghettoing a cd drive into my pc, burning doom 95 original onto cd and putting it into the server

The server won’t recognize the cd drive in it.

FAK!!!!

I don’t have any sata floppy drives, so I can’t burn a floppy
The floppy drive is working on this pos though.

The network card is old phone line modem type so I can’t even cat 5 the files over.

Arg.

I’m lost on why I can’t get to cd drive to recognize. Have tried everything it must be just f-Ed.

You can hear the disk spinning, but pc won’t recognize the drive.

So now I have a stack of fing pc parts are ghettoed together all in my workspace for nothing.

I spent hours disassembling and cleaning and bench testing parts too.

Oh well..

Just wanted to play it not in a port or emulation form

I love quite a few maps from Evilution but I absolutely hate The Plutonia Experiment. Just ridiculously cheap.

Lol, come on. All of those Archviles running around with "Sweet Little Dead Bunny" playing in the background was epic.

Lol, come on. All of those Archviles running around with "Sweet Little Dead Bunny" playing in the background was epic.
I wasn't necessarily talking about that map.

Back