Doo Ho Choi to Swanson: "I want to fight you."

How is this guy a fighter? He looks like a cashier at hello kitty. I mean that in a good way.

I'm all about this fight. If this fight can't happen im down for Choi to fight Yair

make it as Co main event in Korea with KZ headlining his comeback fight vs Stephens

tumblr_mxgo0tOR8j1rutx6lo1_400.gif
GOAT gif lol.

I want to see him make a bigger step up than this, hes already proven he can beat guys like Kawajiri and Swanson, so why the constant call outs to these slightly above average fighters.

I have a feeling he's mostly oblivious to these things and its mostly coming from his camp. But times running out, he has to serve 2 years in military before he's 30. I'd like to see him take on a guy like Holloway and then a big step up to guys like Edgar, Mendez, then a title shot. At the pace hes going now he needs at least 3 more fights before a title shot which would work if he fought more than once a freaking year.

Stop calling out has beens like Swanson and Kawa, its just wasting precious time imo.

Let them headlined prelims or a smaller free show. The ufc should be marketing the shit out of Superboy.

I wonder if the ufc are giving up on the Asian mma scene :( maybe not enough money in it

I want to see him make a bigger step up than this, hes already proven he can beat guys like Kawajiri and Swanson, so why the constant call outs to these slightly above average fighters.

I have a feeling he's mostly oblivious to these things and its mostly coming from his camp. But times running out, he has to serve 2 years in military before he's 30. I'd like to see him take on a guy like Holloway and then a big step up to guys like Edgar, Mendez, then a title shot. At the pace hes going now he needs at least 3 more fights before a title shot which would work if he fought more than once a freaking year.

Stop calling out has beens like Swanson and Kawa, its just wasting precious time imo.
I agree but maybe he just prefers to be built up slowly. Some fighters do realise their worth and don't want to be chucked into the deep end

Has he done his military service yet? I'm a fan, but I have a hard time getting stoked about his future if we're looking forward to a two year layoff coming up soon

I doubt Cub wants anything to do with Choi right now.

I'm not saying he's ducking Choi, just that this may be a high risk, low reward for Cub. Cub is #6 and Choi isn't even top 10 (for some strange reason), in terms of rankings and Choi as a name, a win over him likely doesn't do very much for Cub right now, it just doesn't make sense for Cub to take a fight against him based on that. Cub doesn't gain very much with a win over Choi, but Choi gains a lot with a win over Cub. As I said, high risk, low reward, is it really worth it for Cub? Taking a fight with Choi would be a very bad career/business move on Cub's part, in my opinion.

To us hardcore fans, some of us realize just how good Choi is. Truly, I believe that Choi is one of the best fighters in the division, I think he'll be top 5 very soon, I can't see many guys beating him right now. For some of us, we can see Choi as a huge win for Cub because like I said, we know how good Choi is. He isn't a big name and not even top 10 just yet, but those things don't tell the whole story about how good a fighter is. Choi is, in my opinion, a true top talent in the division and he will be in the top 5 next year, guaranteed.

Now, if Cub did actually decide to take this fight next, I got Choi by KO/TKO in the first. Choi's speed and power is something you always have to look out for, obviously - but I feel Choi's timing and accuracy is what will really spell the end for Cub. We already know Choi's speed and power is there, but the timing and accuracy will be the biggest factor between the two on the feet. Choi has amazing timing with his counters and is overall just extremely accurate. I see him catching Cub by the midpoint of the first round and Cub goes down.

A little off topic below

The featherweight division is absolutely fucking incredible right now. Here are the top 7 fighters at 145:

Champion = Conor McGregor

1. Jose Aldo
2. Frankie Edgar
3. Max Holloway
4. Ricardo Lamas
5. Cub Swanson
6. Charles Oliveira
7. Jeremy Stephens

Then you have Yair Rodriguez at 11 and Choi at 13, both will be top 10 very soon, Choi is guaranteed top 5 in my opinion but I don't know about Yair, we'll have to wait and see, he really needs to sharpen up on the basics because if he keeps relying on all flash, he's going to end up getting KTFO real bad one day, possibly soon, he's going to get figured out and boxed the fuck up or something, I bet. We'll have to wait and see, though, I could be wrong, never know what's going to happen.

What an insane line up that is, that shit is crazy. If you said that FW is going to (arguably) be the most stacked division in the UFC just 2 years ago, you'd be called a fool, but look at it now. Wait one more year and it won't be arguably the best, but the best.

Just wait until Choi is in the top 5 - it will be fucking legendary. I think Stephens may be top 5, too, so I can see it going like this: Aldo, Frankie, Holloway, Choi, Stephens and McGregor as champion.. holy FUCK!! You can't tell me that isn't fucking stacked! No other division comes close, homies!

/Hant

Just give him a fight already, anyone will do.

I hope for Cub's sake he avoids this fight. It would most likely be another first round KO for DHC. Maybe 2nd.

Good fight! But Choi will dispose of Cub pretty quick, I give it 1 round and lights out.

Damn. When a guy askes if he can knock you out that politely, how can you refuse?
I don't think id be able to say no to such a request.

Sounds good, if he beats Cub, then someone like Lamas, he'll be due a title shot.

Back