Doo Ho Choi healing up nicely after his UFC 206 loss last week

He needs to go back to Starcraft, where the competition is easier.

Just kidding. His fight against Cub Swanson was very entertaining. Would like to see him take some TRT, bulk up, improve his boxing and BJJ, and he will be a force at FW.

korean-style-mackerel-end-result.jpg

he needs to work on footwork, fighting backwards, and defense he looked good up untill round 2 and then he was just eating shots which will shorten his career

I'm a Korean and I've never heard of that shit in my whole life.
Thats very odd because they seem to serve it in most korea town restaurants in orange county and sold in H-mart korean grocery stores

Thats very odd because they seem to serve it in most korea town restaurants in orange county and sold in H-mart korean grocery stores

Ah my bad, just googled and realized mackerel is the actual English name of the fish not the English pronunciation of the korean name. You got me confused by listing it along with bulgogi.

Also if I u drrstsnd it correctly UFC fights that we pay for are pretty much free in Asia right ?
I don't know about Asia, but in Korea the main card is free.
I honestly don't think learning English would help him that much. He is a reserved guy, and speaking boring English in an accent doesn't help his appeal,imo. And although it's funny with Teruto and his "bitches", people are half laughing at him as the "crazy japanese guy", and that's not really the long term image anyone should want for themselves.

Yuk gae jang all day. That shit will heal everything.

He has to keep those sticks in his mouth otherwise his upper teeth will fall out. :oops:

BRAIN DAMAGE : he is eating with two pairs of chopsticks

Ah my bad, just googled and realized mackerel is the actual English name of the fish not the English pronunciation of the korean name. You got me confused by listing it along with bulgogi.
I almost suspected that all your friends, relatives and everyone you knew were hiding that dish from you for shits and giggles<33>

I hope he uses his off time to get a start on learning English. Needing an interpreter at 206 was a massive missed opportunity for the lad :(
Y would he waste his time doing that ? He rather train hard and fight for the win. Learning English will just distract him. It's like saying alistair overeem needs to learn Japanese wine cause he fought in Japan a lot.

Y would he waste his time doing that ? He rather train hard and fight for the win. Learning English will just distract him. It's like saying alistair overeem needs to learn Japanese wine cause he fought in Japan a lot.

If Conor couldn't speak English he'd be a nobody in MMA. That's how important it is. Being able to communicate with your audience in an engaging, relatable way can be worth literally millions of dollars.

"Conor McGregor, you're taking everything I work for motherfucker. I'm gonna fight your fuckin' ass," took Nate from earning 20/20 to earning millions of dollars with another million dollar payday on the horizon.

Whereas Aldo, who's the much better fighter, will never get near McGregor again because his lack of English makes him pretty much worthless when trying to sell a PPV.

If Conor couldn't speak English he'd be a nobody in MMA. That's how important it is. Being able to communicate with your audience in an engaging, relatable way can be worth literally millions of dollars.

"Conor McGregor, you're taking everything I work for motherfucker. I'm gonna fight your fuckin' ass," took Nate from earning 20/20 to earning millions of dollars with another million dollar payday on the horizon.

Whereas Aldo, who's the much better fighter, will never get near McGregor again because his lack of English makes him pretty much worthless when trying to sell a PPV.
We don't live in a cookie cutter world dude. Try thinking outside the box. There have been cult personalities whove gained followings through other charismatic means. If people think Choi is going to be the next Conor though in the same vein then they should probably take their lines out of this hole.

Charisma and appeal can be conveyed in many different ways not just thru smack talking in English. Thats silly to think that one way.

Lol? Ireland is a English speaking country lol. I no there is a language in Ireland but I heard it's not common for people to speak it.

Lol? Ireland is a English speaking country lol. I no there is a language in Ireland but I heard it's not common for people to speak it.

No shit?! My point was that *if* Conor couldn't speak English his career would be very different. It was in the context of an exchange with the dope who thinks it would be a waste of time for DHC to learn English.

Back