Dont You Just Wish Dana would Flex His Muscle

2009 account and you don't know how UFC contracts work? Dana has ALL the angle and leverage and Woodley isn't going anywhere.

There's a reason why the issue of a fighters' union is a hot one.

Isn't that why Woodley is safe?
He can't leave to bellator if he's under contract. They can absolutely offer him the title defense against Thompson and if he refuses they can take the belt. Woodley is the one with no leverage. He's not a draw, he has no name. He's under contract to fight, not to play matchmaker.

He already has an argument for destroying UFC's best guy. He can leverage paydays all day.
2009 account and you don't know how UFC contracts work? Dana has ALL the angle and leverage and Woodley isn't going anywhere.

There's a reason why the issue of a fighters' union is a hot one.

Under Woodley's contract, he has 40 months (3.34 years) from the date of his first bout after signing on his contract or on completion of his 8th bout, whichever happens first for his contract to terminate.

Additionally, "In the event that Fighter does not approve of an opponent designated by ZUFFA, ZUFFA may, at its election and in accordance with the terms and conditions of Section 4.3 of this Agreement, extend the Term of this Agreement for the period required to designate another opponent for Fighter or six (6) months, whichever is longer."

Under the Champion's clause, Woodley has an additional 365 days added to the 40 months and an additional 3 bouts added to his contract term, whichever happens first.

Woodley can pretty much take his sweet time and hand-pick all he wants.

Joined Sunday...

Maybe you haven't heard, buddeh.

GSP has entered the USADA testing pool. He's coming back and it'll probably be the main event in MSG at 205.

dealwithit.gif

Just because he's getting tested by USADA doesn't mean he's coming back to fight, nor does it mean he's fighting for the title.

I know though man, hasn't even been a week since I joined! Maybe when I hit the four month mark like you I can begin to talk shit and pretend to know what I'm talking about.

Back