Dont You Just Wish Dana would Flex His Muscle

And tell Woodley straight up:

"You're fighting Stephen fucking Thompson, on a fucking free card."

Conor has leveraged fights, but he's a draw. He has that leverage to begin with. Woodley doesn't have any star power.

Dana doesn't have an angle or much leverage here. What's he going to do? Fire him? Woodley goes to Bellator coming off a huge win against the UFC's top WW. If Dana rubs Woodley the wrong way he may threaten to leave anyway. Woodley is smart to hold his ground as much as it pisses us fans off. Woodley only has money in his sights.

Super fights make Dana money too. He'll gladly let Woodley do what he wants if he can get GSP out of retirement.

Dana doesn't have an angle or much leverage here. What's he going to do? Fire him? Woodley goes to Bellator coming off a huge win against the UFC's top WW. If Dana rubs Woodley the wrong way he may threaten to leave anyway. Woodley is smart to hold his ground as much as it pisses us fans off. Woodley only has money in his sights.
He can't leave to bellator if he's under contract. They can absolutely offer him the title defense against Thompson and if he refuses they can take the belt. Woodley is the one with no leverage. He's not a draw, he has no name. He's under contract to fight, not to play matchmaker.

For my PPV dollars I'd much rather see Woodley/Wonderboy than any of the other fights. My PPV dollars go for the best fighting the best. Needless to say I won't be buying McGregor/Diaz.

If GSP comes back im sure its for the WW strap. That guy is Woodley.

If GSP comes back im sure its for the WW strap. That guy is Woodley.
If GSP comes back, that's fine. The fact that Woodley says Wonderboy doesn't deserve it and he says he'll fight Nick or Georges instead. That's the bullshit. He got the most underserved title shot in recent welterweight history. I wish Lawler had had that attitude with him.

GSP should fight Hendricks again, or Rory because fuck you I said so.

T-BLM should fight the #1 contender aka Wonderboy.

Anyone here really thinks Woodley will choose his opponent?

vlcsnap-2012-07-01-20h46m38s162.png

Maybe he will if Tyrun stops running. Run Tyrun run, Wonderboy is behind you!

It won't be a free card. WW and above doesn't have title fights on free cards usually, though obviously there have been exceptions (Cain vs JDS I).

If GSP comes back, that's fine. The fact that Woodley says Wonderboy doesn't deserve it and he says he'll fight Nick or Georges instead. That's the bullshit. He got the most underserved title shot in recent welterweight history. I wish Lawler had had that attitude with him.

Totally agree. Woodley is a tool.

2009 account and you don't know how UFC contracts work? Dana has ALL the angle and leverage and Woodley isn't going anywhere.

There's a reason why the issue of a fighters' union is a hot one.

Woodley vs Wonderboy

Then Wonderboy vs GSP. In the event that GSP loses, they would rather it be to Wonderboy than Woodley. He's more marketable, so they would rather all eyes be on him.

Back