Dont You Just Wish Dana would Flex His Muscle

legkicktko

Only the Strong Survive
@Black
Reaction score
And tell Woodley straight up:

"You're fighting Stephen fucking Thompson, on a fucking free card."

Conor has leveraged fights, but he's a draw. He has that leverage to begin with. Woodley doesn't have any star power.

I"m sure Dana does that behind the scenes.

I remember Mendes saying no way he's fighting Aldo in Brazil.

He fought Aldo in Brazil. Twice.

I'm very sure that will happen (not exactly like that, of course).

I hope you realize Dana wants T-Wood to fight GSP. It would bring in way more money and PPV buys

T-Wood doesn't have star power - but GSP does :p

Dana will go with whatever scenario makes the UFC the most cheese.

Like you're alluding to, Woodley doesn't have the power to be picky. Dana will make the Wonderboy fight IF that's the fight he wants to make. I doubt they wanna do the DIaz fight. I don't see them doing McGregor/Woodley over McGregor/Alvarez. So GSP is the only way Woodley is gonna be able to successfully duck Wonderboy

whenever this is brought up, dana will reply that fighters are indepdent contractors and he doesnt have the power to make them fight

I hope you realize Dana wants T-Wood to fight GSP. It would bring in way more money and PPV buys

T-Wood doesn't have star power - but GSP does :p
they've got something in the works
behind the scenes
for sure

if Dana were to "flex muscle" on this one, it's in favor of Woodley-GSP.

PPV buys > win streaks and rankings in today's UFC.

@legkicktko

By thread title alone I thought you wanted pics of Dana in the gym, LOL. I was positively mistaken.

Thing is Woodley may not be a draw, but GSP and Diaz - the guys he wants to fight are. Thompson's well liked, but I don't think he's gotten enough exposure yet to be on those two guy's level.

Still, it's a huge no way in hell for Diaz. Maybe for GSP, but the probability of him even coming back is slim. I think Thompson is getting the shot, because of what he's accomplished and the idea that he might become a pretty big star.

Thing is Woodley may not be a draw, but GSP and Diaz - the guys he wants to fight are. Thompson's well liked, but I don't think he's gotten enough exposure yet to be on those two guy's level.

Still, it's a huge no way in hell for Diaz. Maybe for GSP, but the probability of him even coming back is slim. I think Thompson is getting the shot, because of what he's accomplished and the idea that he might become a pretty big star.

Joined Sunday...

Maybe you haven't heard, buddeh.

GSP has entered the USADA testing pool. He's coming back and it'll probably be the main event in MSG at 205.

dealwithit.gif

idk if you can force a human to fight another human (not legally anyway).

the guy knocked out Robbie Lawler, I don't think he's "ducking" anyone.

the guy knocked out Robbie Lawler, I don't think he's "ducking" anyone.
I'm not saying he's a pussy or that he's unskilled. But there is a clear as day number one contender, who deserved the title shot more than Woodley to begin with and Woodley refuses to fight him. He wouldn't even have had a TS if Robbie had refused to fight him like he's doing to Thompson.

Schaub and Rogan are right, Woodley knows Thompson is the hardest fight for the least money and he's avoiding it like the plague.

Back