don't you hate it when...

IIIIIIII

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
...you go to work when you have the day off? that was me today. anyone else ever done that?

haha-nelson.jpg

So did you forget what day it was or did you just not realize you had the day off for a holiday? Either way I haven't.

No way dude, I love it. It sucks to have spent the time getting ready and going in, but it's totally worth it once you find out you don't have to work and you can do whatever the fuck you want all day. FREEEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

So did you forget what day it was or did you just not realize you had the day off for a holiday? Either way I haven't.

i totally forgot that it was columbus day. i was off last friday, so i guess i missed all the talk about not working the following monday. in all my time working, i've never done this lol.

Can you elaborate TS, did you forget that it was your day off and went into work or what?

No way dude, I love it. It sucks to have spent the time getting ready and going in, but it's totally worth it once you find out you don't have to work and you can do whatever the fuck you want all day. FREEEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

haha, that's true. it's not even 10am here, and i'm already texting buddies to see if they wanna hang :D

Can you elaborate TS, did you forget that it was your day off and went into work or what?

well, i take a train and bus to get to work. i noticed that the train was a lot emptier than normal. i figured the train prior had taken most of the people. but when i get on the bus, the regulars weren't there. then i started to wonder why it was empty, could it be a holi...then right when i realized that it could be a holiday, i was like shit, it's fucking columbus day. i text a co-worker, and he's like yeah dumbass, what are you doing on the bus? haha, i'm like fuck man. so i just came back home and grabbed a coffee.

Happened to me like 3 times. Co-worker messed up the workplan and switched times.

That's really unfortunate.
You've missed the best part.
Spending the PREVIOUS day knowing the next day is off.AH THAT FEEL.
Also sleeping in late and enjoying that coffee slowly.AH THAT FEEL.

Not having to TRAVEL!!! Another Feel right there.

right-in-the-feels.gif

I got to work today and realized that most other people aren't working today. I envy you.

Hell no, I've done the opposite before.

I'm in the office today but I know a lot of the Oil & Gas companies are off today - was great for traffic though.

Never done it, but I do know we didn't even talk about Columbus Day here at work until late last week. It's one of those holidays where one or two of us work while the others are off and we rotate. I decided to work, but I took a long lunch and will probably leave early.

No, but I have gotten up on a Saturday and got up and a shower then realize its the weekend. I'm like fuck, then I realize I can go back to bed and I'm like fuck yeah.

lol, did that once about 5 years ago. It was probably a Columbus day, now that I think about it. Anyway, I haven't worked any place since that took today off. :(

did this 3 weeks ago. Showed up, wasnt on the schedule

Back