Don't you forget about me: Jeremy Horn

Glove

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Name: Jeremy Horn
Gym: Militech Fighting Systems
Record: 91-25-5
Accomplishments: King of the Cage Light-heavyweight Championship, IFC Light-heavyweight Championship, IFC Middleweight Championship, 5150 Combat League Middleweight Championship, SCS Light-heavyweight Championship, Superior Challenge Middleweight Championship

Jeremy Horn was born and raised in the sunny hills of Omaha ,Nebraska and has two half brothers and a brother Marshall Horn, while being raised primarily by his mother who often worked 16 hours a day to support them. Jeremy often got into school fights and this led him to train by the age of 12. Jeremy trained under Robert Bussey at Warrior International. There he earned his first black belt in jiu jitsu. From there he went to Militech Fighting Systems and it was from there he began his long, historical journey into mixed martial arts...a career that would begin March 1, 1996 and would last to the present day. Jeremy Horn would win numerous title in a myriad of organizations. Jeremy Horn would be universally known for his absolute wizardry in submissions. He would have a total of 62 wins out of 91 by way of submission. Holding wins over some of the more notable names in the world of MMA that include Chuck Liddell, Gilbert Yvel, Travis Fulton, Forrest Griffin, Vernon (Tiger) White, Chael Sonnen (3X), Josh Burkman, Dean Lister. Jeremy fought in his first UFC match at UFC 17 in a grueling 16 minute match against UFC Middleweight Champion Frank Shamrock where he would lose by kneebar. A year later he would have submitted UFC legend Chuck Liddell by guillotine choke at the end of round 1. Jeremy would fight also in organizations such as Exite XC, Pride FC, King of the Cage, Extreme Challenge, Colosseum 2000, HookNShoot, Bellator and 16 other smaller organizations. A long and successful career, Jeremy left Militech Fighting Systems and now has his own training gym, Elite Performance, which is in Salt Lake City Utah.

Jeremy Horn vs Chuck Liddell UFC 19 (3-5-1999)

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Jeremy Horn vs Forrest Griffin IFC Global Domination (9-6-2003)

Gumby was tough. Dude threw down with anyone. He gave one of the best beatings on Bully Beatdown as well. And great hair.

Don't you forget about me. God, I love Breakfast Club.

Another great @Glove blast from the past.

I think 'fought three times a week for a decade' should be added to his 'notable accomplishments'.

one of my first ufc memories is Jermy Horn vs Eugene Jackson, horn submitting him.

all my friends thought he was gonna get murdered, i bet a dood 20 bucks on horn cause "he had that look in his eyes".

easiest money ever, war gumby.

Name: Jeremy Horn
Gym: Militech Fighting Systems
Record: 91-25-5
Accomplishments: King of the Cage Light-heavyweight Championship, IFC Light-heavyweight Championship, IFC Middleweight Championship, 5150 Combat League Middleweight Championship, SCS Light-heavyweight Championship, Superior Challenge Middleweight Championship

Jeremy Horn was born and raised in the sunny hills of Omaha ,Nebraska and has two half brothers and a brother Marshall Horn, while being raised primarily by his mother who often worked 16 hours a day to support them. Jeremy often got into school fights and this led him to train by the age of 12. Jeremy trained under Robert Bussey at Warrior International. There he earned his first black belt in jiu jitsu. From there he went to Militech Fighting Systems and it was from there he began his long, historical journey into mixed martial arts...a career that would begin March 1, 1996 and would last to the present day. Jeremy Horn would win numerous title in a myriad of organizations. Jeremy Horn would be universally known for his absolute wizardry in submissions. He would have a total of 62 wins out of 91 by way of submission. Holding wins over some of the more notable names in the world of MMA that include Chuck Liddell, Gilbert Yvel, Travis Fulton, Forrest Griffin, Vernon (Tiger) White, Chael Sonnen (3X), Josh Burkman, Dean Lister. Jeremy fought in his first UFC match at UFC 17 in a grueling 16 minute match against UFC Middleweight Champion Frank Shamrock where he would lose by kneebar. A year later he would have submitted UFC legend Chuck Liddell by guillotine choke at the end of round 1. Jeremy would fight also in organizations such as Exite XC, Pride FC, King of the Cage, Extreme Challenge, Colosseum 2000, HookNShoot, Bellator and 16 other smaller organizations. A long and successful career, Jeremy left Militech Fighting Systems and now has his own training gym, Elite Performance, which is in Salt Lake City Utah.

Jeremy Horn vs Chuck Liddell UFC 19 (3-5-1999)

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Jeremy Horn vs Forrest Griffin IFC Global Domination (9-6-2003)

I supported anything to do with MFS, Pat Miletich is a don. Bunch of killers for sure

IFC put on some of the best events outside of the main well recognized promotions, Global Domination was fucking awesome, one of the best cards ever

I remember he spit on Josh Burkman after beating him. Hahaha I remember wanting the countdown show to the Chuck-Horn rematch. What a great time to be a MMA fan as things were finally blowing up.

thanks ts, i've added him to my list of things i'm never supposed to forget:

- 9/11
- jeremy horn

Dude was willing to fight anyone and he fought your favorite fighter and your favorite fighters favorite fighter. Love that guy.

An all too common theme in Horn’s career…

tumblr_lxw0zhF5M51qdlh1io1_500.gif

Lindland said that Jeremy Horn had the most dangerous ground game of any fighter he has ever faced. Huge props, considering he has faced guys like Almeida, Jacare, Bustamante as well as the Michael Jordan of BJJ, Travis Lutter.

Horn had a huge unacknowledged impact on the direction that mma went.

The awkward unathletic guy that became a high level fighter by having very high level technique and intelligence, along with being a sponge and absorbing every technique that he saw.

A natural middleweight that took more punishment from Liddell than couture, vernon white, tito, sobral, overeem, metzger did and kept fighting until his vision was so blurry he couldn't see anymore.

He was a tough SOB.

Love your threads ts. They're a breath of fresh air around here

Last edited:
tumblr_m89v8kC3L81ry1rm7o1_r1_250.gif

Respect to Jeremy Horn. A real pioneer of mma. Sure, he didn't win them all, but he sure as fuck fought them all.

Back