Don't sleep on Siver in this fight.

saugeye killah

No need rope hold up pants.
@Brown
Reaction score
Is everyone completely brainwashed?

I know this is "supposed" to be a squash match. Just another highlight reel ko for McGregor. But people seem to be forgetting some things. Siver has been doing this at a pretty high level for a long time. Unless Siver's being paid to take a dive, he's got a chance.

Like most, I'd like to see McGregor move on to get that title shot. I think he probably will. But it's not a given like most seem to think. We've seen a lot of these parties spoiled before.

Siver has really nasty spinning body kicks that can KO anyone in division and I would love to see one of them landing Conor

It's the other way around. We always think there is a chance Conor will lose, but the reality is...he is going to bury Siver. I'm not really a Conor fan, either.

I guess Conor could slip on a banana peel and knock himself out. Other than that, yeah, sleep on Siver.

Is everyone completely brainwashed?

I know this is "supposed" to be a squash match. Just another highlight reel ko for McGregor. But people seem to be forgetting some things. Siver has been doing this at a pretty high level for a long time. Unless Siver's being paid to take a dive, he's got a chance.

Like most, I'd like to see McGregor move on to get that title shot. I think he probably will. But it's not a given like most seem to think. We've seen a lot of these parties spoiled before.

This dive narrative is tired and baseless.

Won't be surprised if he makes it to the 2nd-3rd round, but I think Conor finishes him. Would be a shocker if he wins though, who knows. It's a fight.

i suggest you to take a look on wikipedia dennis siver record page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Siver

all the "big" name he fought against with are defeats, starting from
Grey Maynard
Melvin Guillard
Ross Pearson
Donald Cerrone
Cub Swanson

How much money are you putting down, TS? If Siver has even a remote chance there big money to be made there.

tumblr_inline_mtwi9zZ6Vg1rf5auz.gif

i suggest you to take a look on wikipedia dennis siver record page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Siver

all the "big" name he fought against with are defeats, starting from
Grey Maynard
Melvin Guillard
Ross Pearson
Donald Cerrone
Cub Swanson

And all but the last fighters in this list are lightweights. Siver was just outsized at 155 which was why he moved down to 145. And he lasted 2.5 rounds against Cub.

Addition: for the record, I don't predict Siver winning, but I'm inclined to believe the fight doesn't end "after the first exchange" or "under 2 minutes".

The chances of Siver winning are very slim. He is primarily a striker and a mediocre one at that. Hand picked as a showcase fight for McGregor.

I agree mcgregor should be favored, and that this is a set up for his title shot, but mcgregor at -1025 is just ridiculous.

C'mon, Siver is cannon fodder now, there's no denying.

Don't sleep on Siver, HIBERNATE on Siver. He's a walking punching bag in this fight.

How much money are you putting down, TS? If Siver has even a remote chance there big money to be made there.

None. I really only occasionally do small bets with my friends, and always straight bets with no line. To top it off, I have a bad record in those bets. I won't lie.

That said, I've been watching long enough to see a few guys come and go. McGregor is very good, but he's young. What chance would anyone give Guida against Pettis, even now? He's already done it once.

I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but it could. It wouldn't even be the most shocking thing I've seen by a longshot.

So much depends on gameplan and their respective mindsets coming into fight night.

Siver is a seasoned pro with effective kicks and a rangy left counter hook. He's got strong takedowns and great ground control, not to mention he can keep it up for 3.

Mcgregor is this and that, but something that -will- get him in trouble is he gets hit. If the guy wants to be any kind of champ, he needs to stop taking damage to give it.

The odds are overblown because of these reasons.

Back