Dont sleep on Holly Holm, she could be the Buster Douglas of MMA.

masterless

Sherdog Veteran
Reaction score
For years Id been saying that Rousey is the Tyson of MMA. Recently the rest of the MMA community and even Tyson himself has started to agree. I was once asked who I then thought the Buster Douglas might be, my answer was Holly Holms.

1) She's unassuming (versus other intimidating fighters that Rousey would prepare vigorously for).

2) She's got underrated skills (her standup, even though lackluster in recent fights) is some of the best in the division.

3) She's got heart. (Buster Douglas had lost a family member days before his KO of Tyson and attributed his win to that loss).

Don't sleep on Holly Holms...she may just be the Buster Douglas to Rouseys Tyson.

For years Id been saying that Rousey is the Tyson of MMA. Recently the rest of the MMA community and even Tyson himself has started to agree. I was once asked who I then thought the Buster Douglas might be, my answer was Holly Holms.

1) She's unassuming (versus other intimidating fighters that Rousey would prepare vigorously for).

2) She's got underrated skills (her standup, even though lackluster in recent fights) is some of the best in the division.

3) She's got heart. (Buster Douglas had lost a family member days before his KO of Tyson and attributed his win to that loss).

Don't sleep on Holly Holms...she may just be the Buster Douglas to Rouseys Tyson.

I think Dana White has paid, appointed posters on here. #DanaDruid

I wouldn't sleep on a woman who looks like she's wrapped in a layer of cling film.

I predict Holm will get knocked out in this fight, and no I am not joking.

Ah man! This was fun to read the first few pages

Douglas was a giant man with the power to hurt anyone in the world.

Holm...not so much.

Seriously though, this thread is borderline retarded. There is absolutely no KO threat in this fight which will ultimately result in Rousey charging her recklessly and mauling her to the ground like always. WMMA.

LOL Embarrassing.
post-40626-hot-rod-andy-samberg-embarrass-sWR2.gif

I don't see it. Probably another sub-1 minute finish for Rousey.

Yep. Masterful prediction by masterless!

This isn't boxing son.... I have seen nothing in Holm that makes me think she will make it out of the first round. So we can sleep after round 1

This whole thread is just...

tumblr_n0nra3fIcV1s57gxxo1_250.gif

Do people really think ronda has better "hands" then holly Holm because she got a ko win over betch? Hmmm

Can I have your autograph?

I agree. May be exciting to slap down a hundy on her. I'm not too confident in that, but she has a way better shot than correia. At least bet the over on +/- 1 minute.

She can counter, she has good movement. If Ronda rushes in as usual Holm could deliver some good shots and counters. She didn't seem to have much power though, but I still think she is very green in MMA. I think she'd do better after a few more UFC fights tough.

She should have never gotten a shot but the ufc knows they can market her as this mega boxing champ and get casuals to buy the ppv.

They know if they give her another 2 to 3 fights she's going to be exposed.

But wtf they're giving shots to losers and guys who got KOd as well.

I know, you are too smart to buy into Holly Holms KOing RR :)

Holm's lateral movement won't keep her out of the clinch for more than a round, especially when her punching power poses no threat at all. Maybe it takes one try, maybe it takes three, but Ronda will toss Holm to the ground and submit her without issue.

They could give Holm a thousand years, and it still wouldn't matter. However, any fight is better than a pointless trilogy.

Seriously though, this thread is borderline retarded. There is absolutely no KO threat in this fight which will ultimately result in Rousey charging her recklessly and mauling her to the ground like always. WMMA.

there is a thread for people who think HH can beat RRR. why dont you go there!
why are you posting this? are you stupid or paid by UFC to create these threads to make it look like HH is some kind of a challenge to Ronda and thus legitimizing Ronda's competition? smh

Holly Holm used to KO people, but she's either deteriorated physically/mentally since joining the UFC or it's a reflection that even her modestly skilled competition now is far better than her previous competition. Either way, Ronda is strong as an ox and has no need to fear Holm's pitter patter HYEUGH HYEUGH shots, so she'll just rush in like a berserker, trip/throw her, and end it with an armbar.

This is such a mismatch it isnt even funny.

Holms one weapon appears to be grunting everytime she punches or kicks air. She could possibly annoy you into submission.

or what I think will happen and Ronda destroys her inside a minute.

Its just a horrible fight, but what choice do the UFC have. If they put Holm in against a contender, Davis, Zingano, anyone else shes going to get hammered, so they may as well let Rousey do it and sell a few t-shirts

i just went ahead and quoted all the great analysts in this thread.

i actually quoted like 20 people but i see sherdog won't let me show them all.

edit-for full disclosure - i am an idiot too for doubting holm, i just fell for the UFC hype.

i just went ahead and quoted all the great analysts in this thread.

i actually quoted like 20 people but i see sherdog won't let me show them all.

edit-for full disclosure - i am an idiot too for doubting holm, i just fell for the UFC hype.

nice... now let all of us remember their names and put them in shertard's hall of shame.

preUFC Holm? Sure.

presentUFC Holm? Rip in peace.

Ronda's striking is terrible, both offensively and defensively, but I'm pretty sure she'll be able to clinch with Holm. Once that happens, the fight's over.

She should have never gotten a shot but the ufc knows they can market her as this mega boxing champ and get casuals to buy the ppv.

They know if they give her another 2 to 3 fights she's going to be exposed.

But wtf they're giving shots to losers and guys who got KOd as well.

No. The 2 situations aren't even comparable, so much so I'm not going to list every reason.

You are goofy bro. Ronda will clinch immediately and put her away.

Back