Dont let Jones walk you down and you might win the fight

AlanGregson

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Both Santos and Reyes were constantly backing up, thats bad in the eyes if the judges and even tho you're landing shoots him backing you up and landing here or there looks better and more dominant, problem is that Jones has a chin made out of iron, it would probably take someone like Ngannou to ko him, problem is Ngannou would have about 5 min to do so before he would gas...

But should walking forward more than the other person really be more important than landing more and better strikes than the other person...

But should walking forward more than the other person really be more important than landing more and better strikes than the other person...
Yes, it looks like Reyes is afraid of Jones, giving the impression that jones is the dominant one

Walking someone down for two rounds doesn't offset turning your shoulder and running for the first three.

Outstriking him by a big margin in three rounds should be enough to win

Yes, it looks like Reyes is afraid of Jones, giving the impression that jones is the dominant one
Uh.....no? If the rules worked that way then counter strikers could only win by ko. Outpointing people to a decision happens all the time, some fighters make careers out of it. In boxing and mma.

Capt he out struck Jones and the 3 or 4 instances of Jone legit turning his back and running away.

I don't think so. However, if he doesn't walk forward, or "force the fight", then theres no action. In theory.

How about “don’t gas out midway through a title bout against Jon Jones and you might win the fight”

I don't think so. However, if he doesn't walk forward, or "force the fight", then theres no action. In theory.
lol so he should be awarded points because he was walking forward and creating action by getting lit up?

Easier said then done, but there is a lot of truth to this. It looks better to the judges for one thing and also Jones uses way less energy than his opponents when he is walking them down.

It isnt who can walk you down. Jones was getting hit and outstruck for the first 3 round. Octagon control matters when everything else is similar

You are absolutely right, Jon Jones was the aggressor in both fights. Reyes won the first two rounds and then Jones took over and won round 3, 4 and 5. I'm glad the judges didn't screw it up.

You know the scoring is fucked when nobody is saying that if he wanted to win he should've landed more strikes and instead that he should've walked forward more

You are absolutely right, Jon Jones was the aggressor in both fights. Reyes won the first two rounds and then Jones took over and won round 3, 4 and 5. I'm glad the judges didn't screw it up.
Round3?

Worked so well for Aldo vvs Moraes

Why does Jones get to win fights by different criteria than every other fighter? He lost 3 rounds out of 5, end of story.

Back