Don't get me wrong, TJ is great but Cody beats himself

outclassing TJ? he got finished in the first round including 20 secondos or more that he was already KO.

go home elcj you are codydrunk (?)

oh for fuck sakes, stop with this shit.

TJ is the better fighter period, enough about cody's back, coaches, fighting emotional, etc. TJ IS JUST FUCKING BETTER.

all cody has on TJ is speed.

As skilled and as violent as Cody is, he is also a composed fighter and that's a big asset of his.

When he let's that go, well, we saw what happened. He was outclassing TJ and was also too quick for him. Some say TJ set him up, but I don't think TJ intentionally got caught by Cody. Cody just let his composure go in both fights.

He made the same mistake twice. He's young, I think he will/can learn from this. I'm not surprised he didn't learn the first time, especially due to all the emotions going into it and the results of the first fight. He was desperate to embarrass TJ and KO him as he was in the first fight.
giphy.gif

But what's quicker than "too quick for him"? Does he need to not only be too quick for him, but also too smart for him? And since we've already established that he's "too quick for him", would it even help him if he's getting to the point where he's "too smart" for him?
We haven't established anything fyi
He suggested and you granted (or accepted for sake of argument)
#wordchoicepolice

As skilled and as violent as Cody is, he is also a composed fighter and that's a big asset of his.

When he let's that go, well, we saw what happened. He was outclassing TJ and was also too quick for him. Some say TJ set him up, but I don't think TJ intentionally got caught by Cody. Cody just let his composure go in both fights.

He made the same mistake twice. He's young, I think he will/can learn from this. I'm not surprised he didn't learn the first time, especially due to all the emotions going into it and the results of the first fight. He was desperate to embarrass TJ and KO him as he was in the first fight.
OK, I won't get you wrong.

Codys problems is he believed his own hype... He was on a roll and was using his one dimensional style to KO people. The real tell, is watch TJ's evolution as a fighter vs Cody's... Who has grown, adjusted and evolved. As much as I do not like Cody, I think that if he found the right teacher ( not coach ) to help him evolve he would end up as a top fighter. If he stays stagnant then he is going to have a difficult career ....

Cody is faster and most likely hits harder, but that is where it ends. TJ is the more skilled, technical fighter.

TJ is just better all around.

Cody wins 3 out of 5.

So you are saying that because Cody got brutally finished in his first two fights with TJ he wins the next 3?

I didn't know there were still TAM shills lurking on the board...

So you are saying that because Cody got brutally finished in his first two fights with TJ he wins the next 3?

I didn't know there were still TAM shills lurking on the board...

Yeah Cody def wins best 5 out of 9.

Cody fans and that bullshit. Being super fast and powerful doesn't mean you're super skilled. Tj is a far more skilled fighter.

Btw lol at Cody out classics him. Cody hurt Tj once in the 2 fights, TJ hurt Cody 5 times.

Cody's striking is just too one dimensional against someone as dangerous and varied in his approach as TJ. He exclusively throws hooks, he actually has a decent jab but only throws it like once a fight and he doesn't throw straight punches at all.

Cody was able to exploit Dom's inability to lead, but TJ is able to lead and counter, as well as having dangerous boxing in the pocket and kicks at kickboxing range.

I called TJ ko'ing Cody after Cody won the belt.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/cody-vs-tj.3443345/#post-125868011

He was never "Outclassing TJ". He was being outclassed in both fights and yes, TJ set him up. TJ was able to do that because he's a much better fighter in every way.

And what is this talks about Cody being faster or a better athlete? TJ is both faster and a better athlete than Cody. Cody literally has nothing over TJ technically or physically.

And I liked Cody, his win over Cruz is still a phenomenal and memorable performance. But TJ is gonna go down as a top 10, possibly top 5 All time great fighter. Cody's not on his level.

Against Cruz Cody got to fight his perfect fight, slowly stalk an opponent who didn't really threaten him power wise coming forward and time his big counters.

I think you could argue his basic handspeed is faster than TJ even if both are very fast but he's less agile and more importantly narrower technically when he goes beyond that counter game. He never had to do that vs Cruz and before that opponents were either so hurt by the innital counter or just not able to threaten that his flurries being quite wild and upright was never an issue.

Last edited:
TJ made it look like show work the 2nd time around. Was too soon for a rematch and Cody looks worse off because of it.

Least it sold decently!
Instant rematches are stupid.

- doesn't leave time for fighters to make adjustments

- in title fights, 2 losses to the champ puts a guy in limbo, demolishes all momentum, forces guys to change weight (when they are probably in the right class)

- time in between allows interest to build

- fighting other fighters allow them to learn, EARN another Title shot, etc

All cody’s Got is a good pair of hands and some speed.

His chin is trash, his fight IQ is poor and I’m curious to see if TJ ended his career or he rebounds.

Back