Don't Get Injured While Training for A Fight, UFC Will Cut You

One time could be a typo; two times means you're just dumb. Capitalizing the error is just icing on the cake.

So much fail.

That's the best you zuffa zombie can come up with? oh, god! He's misspelled a word while typing on his phone! So dumb!!11!! The UFC must be right.

I speak fluently four languages, how about you? Since you make basic mistakes like "so much fail" it's pretty clear you still struggle with your own native language, so you'd better off reading a elementary English grammar than obsessively posting on a message board.

That's the best you zuffa zombie can come up with? oh, god! He's misspelled a word while typing on his phone! So dumb!!11!! The UFC must be right.

I speak fluently four languages, how about you? Since you make basic mistakes like "so much fail" it's pretty clear you still struggle with your own native language, so you'd better off reading a elementary English grammar than obsessively posting on a message board.

Using logic = automatic Zuffa Zombie

You're desperate.

This happens in literally ever sport much much more often than in the UFC. It's pretty astounding how out of touch mma fans are.

Dude, he fucking made it to the UFC bro, he deserves like, money and a contract and shit. #zuffa zombies
#fight the power brah

zuffa shills out in full force.

Never understood this type of fighter hate/sports hate while LOVE the promotion/promoter.

He had one job: to fill an injury spot. He didn't do the one job he was hired for. Pretty understandable.

This is how I feel. Maybe he will get a chance in the future if he earns it

John Starks (when he was absolutely nobody) back in the day was signed for a temp contract with the knicks, but got injured during practice. Knicks couldn't cut him due to the fact and had to extend his contract until he is healthy. Starks got the chance to prove himself and rest is history.

MMA/UFC is not a legit sport compare to most other professional sports. There is no one to protect and ensure the "minimal" interest of these athletes.

TS, you're talking nonsense, Louis Taylor was never considered 'good enough to be on the main card', he was simply the only guy who said 'yes' to the fight at such short notice. He then pulls out a week before the fight, leaving them in the shit once again so they replace him on the roster with a guy who will actually show up on fight night.

I don't understand what people don't get about this. If you agree to build someone a house, then a week before building begins you call in sick...they get someone else in.

Obviously he didn't want to be a sacrificial lamb.

Storm in a tea cup.

I think cutting injured fighters is OK, if (1) injury happens repeatedly, and (2) the cut is pursuant to a policy. That's because some injuries are preventable, and part of the job is staying healthy enough to fight. I feel the same way about workers who are sick all the time. I oppose the UFC's treatment of fighters in most cases, but constant injuries are impossible for any business to deal with.

Anyone remember the thread complaining about guys signing up on short notice who would then get injured "by accident" and push their debut back so they could have a full camp.

People were saying they should be cut.

Now we're complaining about that #sherdoglogic

So he has one job, and he got injured training for that one job... he got hurt on the job, and the ufc cut him.. sad sport. in most other work place, 1) he couldn't be cut (i.e john starks with the knicks), 2) if cut, there will be a lawsuit.

ufc/mma still light years behind in ways more than one.

So he has one job, and he got injured training for that one job... he got hurt on the job, and the ufc cut him.. sad sport. in most other work place, 1) he couldn't be cut (i.e john starks with the knicks), 2) if cut, there will be a lawsuit.

ufc/mma still light years behind in ways more than one.

Try this example . . .

Baseball player gets called up from the minors, gets injured before he debuts. Someone else takes the spot he was going to fill.

Guess where he's playing next? You got it: the minors.

Then Baseball is light years behind too right?

NFL as well, as I recall quite a few players who were cut because they couldn't stay healthy.

Back