Dont get all the comments about McGregor ducking

Chad Mendes is not giving Conor the best scenario to succeed. That's a dam hard opponent. One of the hardest opponents they could have possibly given Conor as a replacement.

Better than Frankie who was actually in camp. They had to give him someone legit for it to be a title fight, so they went with the lesser of two evils.

Also, the grappler question hadn't been answered, so Mendes on severe short notice over Frankie who is in camp essentially killed two birds with one stone.

Twice now they have chosen to offer fighters fuck loads of money to accept a fight while not in camp when there were much more prepared options that had just as good a claim or better to deserve the match up and they would do it for cheaper.

Frankie would probably have taken the fight for much cheaper than 500k seeing as he was ready to go and had been asking for the fight already. Donald obviously would have fought for cheaper than "a shitload" of money and a "shitload more" (nates words not mine lol). So why is the ufc coming out of pocket so Conor gets the easier fight?

Better than Frankie who was actually in camp. They had to give him someone legit for it to be a title fight, so they went with the lesser of two evils.

Also, the grappler question hadn't been answered, so Mendes on severe short notice over Frankie who is in camp essentially killed two birds with one stone.

Twice now they have chosen to offer fighters fuck loads of money to accept a fight while not in camp when there were much more prepared options that had just as good a claim or better to deserve the match up and they would do it for cheaper.

Frankie would probably have taken the fight for much cheaper than 500k seeing as he was ready to go and had been asking for the fight already. Donald obviously would have fought for cheaper than "a shitload" of money and a "shitload more" (nates words not mine lol). So why is the ufc coming out of pocket so Conor gets the easier fight?

Still though, you agree that...
- Mendes was the second toughest replacement fight they could have possibly given Conor
- That by no means was Chad Mendes a easy fight
- That if UFC were truly protecting Conor they didn't have to give him any opponent. That they could have let him sit out and guaranteed he got his title shot vs. Aldo

Still though, you agree that...
- Mendes was the second toughest replacement fight they could have possibly given Conor
- That by no means was Chad Mendes a easy fight
- That if UFC were truly protecting Conor they didn't have to give him any opponent. That they could have let him sit out and guaranteed he got his title shot vs. Aldo

Since it was a "title" fight, shouldn't number 1 be your first choice especially if he is ready and number 2 isn't?

The ufc would have lost millions upon millions counting that fight and future fights if Conor "anyone, anytime" didn't fight when a guy like Frankie is begging to fight him. Somebody had to fight him that night if Frankie didn't, there was no way around that after how Conor claims to never prepare for an opponent and that he was laying waste to the entire division. If not, the backlash would have been unreal.

If the ufc wasn't in the business of protecting their interest i.e. protecting conor, there is no logical reasoning behind giving the fight to a guy not in camp over a guy in camp and paying more money to boot.

And guess what? They did it twice.

On your comments of the second point of mine: by an opportunity you mean the toughest possible match up out of the both weight classes. A guy who is stylistical nightmare for McGregor on paper? Pettis was very very favorable match up for Aldo. Plus most importantly Aldo has never been such a big draw due to not learning ebglish for 10+ freaking yeras? dafaq? he can blame himself only.Yes, sure, every fighter looks for such an opponent. When has Rockhold called out JJ I cannot seem to recall? Did GSP fight AS? A striker. DC was a HW already and a pretty successful one too. He stays at 205 because of Cain. Truth is McG creates his own opportunities by talking AND FIGHTING big, finishing etc.

I dont see a single reason why would Conor fight Khabib. He said he's looking for the belts, if not for the biggest fights. Nurmagomedov does present stylistical problems but nothig more than that. He has been out 2 years, has a very very tough and interesting opponent in Ferguson, which fight I am really looking for. Is Khabib ducking Tony? I believe the latter beats him too. And why is no one talking about Conor vs Ferguson if objectivity is to be observed? I believe the latter is the best up and commer and will hold the belt.

my english is rudimentary so i apologize,

no my argument is simple,McG have little to lose.
and if the UFC gave the same chance in the same circumstances to ANY other champion they have in roster they would probably say yes to it.

honestly i dont think he is ducking anyone ,but i think he is being propelled ahead based on popularity and PPV numbers.

IMO the biggest and most blatant duck ever, lost any respect for Aldo.

Nah. I don't think the problem was ducking. There's plenty of good reasons for Aldo not to take this fight. The problem was him running his mouth about it without having thought through those reasons. It makes him look silly in the short run, but I don't think it will hurt his reputation in the long run. Aldo of all people isn't usually a braggart or a loudmouth.

Right, and as I pointed out in the OP Nate presents way more danger to Conor than Chale ever di to JJ. This is a stand up fight and Nate has beaten a lot of good strikers throughout the years. Includig Donald

Um no, the out of shape fighter who is getting a 3 day camp compared to the guy who is in shape all around and constantly training is not more dangerous than the guy training. That is just straight fucking delusional.

No one is ducking anyone.

If you think ducking is going on you're probably a fucking idiot IMO.

Ad hominem attacks just go to show how weak the "Conor is gifted everything" argument really is. He would have fought anyone but look at the facts. Aldo, RDA, and Frankie were all injured at the same time.

McGregor picking Diaz over Cerrone and Ferguson prove otherwise. Nothing wrong with it but let's not lie to ourselves now.

McGregor picking Diaz over Cerrone and Ferguson prove otherwise. Nothing wrong with it but let's not lie to ourselves now.
Khabib was injured and couldn't fight on March 5th, but now he's ready to go? No. Cerrone already lost soundly to Diaz. This fight makes more sense than people are letting on. Is Khabib scared of Cucuy?

Plus, the overwhelming majority of the fanbase wants this fight.

There is no winning. If the UFC puts on the fights that the fans want, then DW sucks and Conor is ducking. If they put on a fight with higher ranked opponents, then the UFC sucks for not giving the fans what they want. Lose/lose. Better to go with the money option.

Khabib was injured and couldn't fight on March 5th, but now he's ready to go? No. Cerrone already lost soundly to Diaz. This fight makes more sense than people are letting on. Is Khabib scared of Cucuy?

Plus, the overwhelming majority of the fanbase wants this fight.

There is no winning. If the UFC puts on the fights that the fans want, then DW sucks and Conor is ducking. If they put on a fight with higher ranked opponents, then the UFC sucks for not giving the fans what they want. Lose/lose. Better to go with the money option.

So you're using fights from 4 years? Remember where Conor was 4 years ago?

So you're using fights from 4 years? Remember where Conor was 4 years ago?
No, I'm using Cerrone getting smashed by RDA and Diaz just worked MJ from bell to bell. Diaz is a top 5 opponent. Cerrone is not.

Let me get this str8 pls.

how many fighters are in the FW, LW, WW classes overall?

so you expect someone who just lost there chance at the LW belt which would make them a 2 weight division champ, to take on the toughest match-up in shape fighter out of what 250 fighters overall between those 3 division., and not give a fuck if they already have contracts signed?

or if they have earned a fight of that magnitude that could still main event over a championship fight in Holly vs Tate?

cause your damn sure every other fighter on that card wanted Conor to still make the show, and so did Conor and the UFC.

Nate was the majority of the fans vote by far, a vet who has main event'd and the biggest draw possible as a late replacement. and the easiest to promote, as we saw yesterday. you just gotta put a camera and a table down and let them do there shit. it was hilarious and got eyeballs and people talking.

Khabib fans are upset cause they know he even if he makes to fight night he will get smoked by El Cucey.

No, I'm using Cerrone getting smashed by RDA and Diaz just worked MJ from bell to bell. Diaz is a top 5 opponent. Cerrone is not.

Diaz is a top five contender when he has a fight camp and is in shape. He is currently neither.

EDIT: I'll also use Diaz getting bitch slapped by RDA as well.

Diaz is a top five contender when he has a fight camp and is in shape. He is currently neither.

EDIT: I'll also use Diaz getting bitch slapped by RDA as well.

He trains cardio and BJJ for fun every, single, day.

Nah. I don't think the problem was ducking. There's plenty of good reasons for Aldo not to take this fight. The problem was him running his mouth about it without having thought through those reasons. It makes him look silly in the short run, but I don't think it will hurt his reputation in the long run. Aldo of all people isn't usually a braggart or a loudmouth.
Sorry, but what Aldo did is the definition of ducking, Aldo picked the talk about the rematch, when it was on he didn't backed his words, that's the definition of ducking, he lay low now, ducking the bullets.

wtf042.gif

Favorable match ups? Dude Cowboy fights everybody favorable or not you act like he's sitting around looking at fighter profiles to see if he can best this guy or that guy. Interesting that Cowboy like Nate have called out Conor but Conor and his babysitters give Nate the lottery ticket fight one fight in 2014, 2 fights in 2013, more active on Twitter than in the cage. You keep weak ass grasping trying to act like Nick is a much more of a challenge than the very active & busy Cowboy.

Yes, act surprized all you want. Nate is the better fighter of the two and he looked the best he has looked in his last fight. Whats so difficult to understand? Cerrone has fought more frequently, but Nate had a solid win in his last fight whereas Donald won against some bum and lost in a devastating fashion against RDA. Cerrone is coming off of two back to back fights. Whereas Diaz has rested. What makes you believe that fighting all the time makes you in better shape to fight? What about nagging injuries, having to cut weight all the time etc?

Um no, the out of shape fighter who is getting a 3 day camp compared to the guy who is in shape all around and constantly training is not more dangerous than the guy training. That is just straight fucking delusional.

Delusional is to be so confident in assuming that a fighter who has rested stands worse chance than a fighter who has been battered and overtrained, throughout two back to back training camps, have been beaten badly in one of his fights, stopped etc. Where does that confidence come from?

Got some inside information we dont know about? Like Diaz is in terrible shape and Cerrone is excellent, no traumas, no nothing? If no you're talking out of you ass making assumptions you cannot back up. Speculating

Last edited:
Yes, act surprized all you want. Nate is the better fighter of the two and he looked the best he has looked in his last fight. Whats so difficult to understand? Cerrone has fought more frequently, but Nate had a solid win in his last fight whereas Donald won against some bum and lost in a devastating fashion against RDA. Cerrone is coming off of two back to back fights. Whereas Diaz has rested. What makes you believe that fighting all the time makes you in better shape to fight? What about nagging injuries, having to cut weight all the time etc?

You look so cute trying so hard to justify let me drop reality on you Cerrone has fought more frequently that's what grit fighter like to do "KEEP BUSY" he fought so frequently and won he got a title shot and loss to a rock solid champ no shame there. Like a true Cowboy got back on his horse and faced a true tough up & comer Alex "Cowboy" Oliveira in a quick turnaround a dangerous fighter and fight coming off a loss.You ask me what makes me believe fighting all the time makes you in better shape to fight; Really???
Ever hear the expression practice makes perfect? I ask you what makes you believe being so well rested and not fighting all the time makes you a better fighter?

I think it's pretty easy to see the ducking claims. At the time of the Aldo cancellation, there was an eager Edgar that was trained and ready to go. They instead got a vacationing Mendes with two weeks training camp to come in instead. Edgar, if I recall, was higher in the ranks even at that time than Mendes. So he requested the Mendes fight over the Edgar fight.

Sounds familiar even with this Diaz fight. I see McGregor steamrolling Diaz in this fight, and I'm far from a McGregor fan. I love the Diaz brothers. But yet again, they have Khabib ready to go and they call up Diaz on a week's notice with no training camp, to fight. And this is yet again the fight that Conor wants. If you think these are guys that the UFC is just feeding McGregor and McGregor has no say so, open your eyes. McGregor has a huge say so.

Sure, you can make the claim that he was willing to fight Pettis who recently lost, Conor making fun of a now injured Edgar for not fighting claiming he wants no part of Conor, and Aldo denying the offer due to fighting a full-camped Conor with Aldo getting one week's notice, sure. But yet again, these guys are all fighting a full-camped Conor in their own weight classes (Aldo would've probably had to fight to fight at 155 due to Conor not being able to get down to 145 in a week) in a week's notice. Every single one of them has everything to lose and nothing to gain, which Conor has the opposite.

Every time it's a last minute replacement which isn't McGregor fault, he always chooses the guy with absolutely no camp. Then during the post-fight press conference, he's running off at the mouth how he's fought the best and destroyed them. He's fought an impressive roster, but not all of them were at their best. Definitely not claiming he's not talented. This is just a little out of hand for the claims he makes.

Fair enough point.

However do you consider the fact that leading up to the Aldo fight it is well known Conor had serious injury on his acl or whatever. Yet he did not pull out but decided to fight a guy with a totally different style than Aldo. I cannot blame him for picking Mendez. At least he gave us a fight, look what Fabricio did when his original opponent pulled out. Look what JJ did with Chael. It just ridiculous to try and discredit one of the balsiest fighters today for ducking. Thats my problem.

Plus, the Diaz fight, why not pick Nick. He is looking for the beiggest fights? What fight is bigger. He aint pulling out he should have a say about who he fights its only fair. Plus Khabib is a tough tough match up for anyone. Where is the reward of fighting him, so guys like you could say bravo? Bullshit. Everyone would have straight pulled out waiting for the championship bout. Yet McG stays in and fights a stand up fight with a damn good boxer. All I got here is respect. Let Khabib face Ferguson and if he holds the belt one day I'm pretty sure Conor would fight him too.

Back