Dont get all the comments about McGregor ducking

Jose Aldo, of all people, was just running his mouth about taking a rematch against Conor anytime and anywhere whether or not it was for the belt. Then he gets offered the rematch and refuses. It goes to show that running his mouth doesn't force a fighter into anything.

That's fair enough. However, they are different people, and there was by far a difference in the talk from the two (McGregor's was a lot more disrespectful, in my opinion). McGregor's ego will not allow him to go back on his word.

Blaiming Mcg for ducking Khabib, Cerrone, Pettis its just silly

He was going to fight full-camp RDA
RDA is the Real Deal, arguably the most complete LW ever

So, No Mcgregor is not afraid to fight anyone.

He is ducking. You might not like it, hence you made this dumb thread, but he is.

He ducked Frankie last summer and fought an out of camp Chad instead, even though Frankie had 4 consecutive wins and deserved it more. Frankie was ready, Chad wasn't.

Also, Nate's comments last night raised a lot of suspicion that there is something really fishy going on. Nate has been the pick all along for months. Wouldn't have mattered if Pettis, Khabib, Ferguson, and Cerrone weren't scheduled to fight, Nate would have been the pick regardless because Conor chose him. Conor absolutely chooses his fights. He ducks.

That's fair enough. However, they are different people, and there was by far a difference in the talk from the two (McGregor's was a lot more disrespectful, in my opinion). McGregor's ego will not allow him to go back on his word.

If McGregor's ego won't let him back out of a fight, then that's great for the fans. I wish more fighters were like that.

im not gonna read all that, but no matter who he picks, someones gonna say that he's ducking whomever.

in my opinion, he spent a whole camp preparing for a specific fight, and he's willing to stay on the card and not ruin it. let him do a fan favorite matchup with styles that should make it entertaining. no ones looking for 5 rounds of khabib blanketing conor.

Lets look at the facts.

1) We have a real fighter that comes in to finish you. The attitude I believe we all look for, dont we?
2) Thats a fighter who is aiming at the very top of each division every time he schedules himself a fight. We are talking the top of the division above and the division above this division.
3) He was supposed to fight the toughest guy available at the moment who is also the champ of the division (some of you might argue that this was Khabib but at the time the RDA fight was in the works the latter was still not available)

So what is this nonsense about?? Isnt he aiming for the best, I dont get it. I mean the whole sherdog here goes in mad accusations of picking easy opponents as if he controls who gets injured and who doesnt. He fought the best at FW and tried to fight the best at LW. Those are the facts. The rest is conspiracy theories.

As for whether Cerrone or Nate are the better option, I believe Nate is. He defeated cowboy rather convincingly when they fought. Nate vs Conor would be a stand up fight and Nate is a damn good boxer, he's got the submissions etc. I'd much MUCH rather see Nate gas a bit at the end then Cowboy give up.

As for Khabib how is he a marketable fight on such a short notice? How is he gonna sell even half the ppvs the Nate fight would. Plus he's got Ferguson on his hands, who I believe would beat him tbh. This is a damn good fight that I personally cannot wait to see.

And lastly the Frankie vs Chad discussion. Ridiculous. Chad was going around saying how ready he was. Training all the time etc. Top guy, gave Aldo helluva fight himself, agruably the best wrestler in the division. And Conor was training for a striker!! This last part is to be highlighted for the conspiracy theorists. Everyone saying Conor avoided the grappler question by picking Chad, yet he signed up to face MUCH more dangerous fighter in RDA who is even bigger nightmare match up for Conor because not only he can take him down, but has the BJJ to submit him.

I am in no way one of the Conor nuthuggers but these couple of days just saw too much crap which just aint true. Conor is a loudmouth but he comes in and fights the best. In different weightclasses too. Lets not forget that JJ, arguably the best fighter right now wouldnt even fight Chael in such a short notice. A fighter who presented zeto danger to him whatsoever.

I stopped reading at this grasping at straws point using Nate's win 5 years ago over Cerrone completely ignoring the fact Cowboy as been a complete workhorse/nightmare and a true take on all comers fighter since then where Nate as been in a smoke filled haze, Conor loss to Duffy some 6yrs ago and he's much improved since then but Cerrone can't? Remove your rose colored Conor glasses man...

1) We have a real fighter that comes in to finish you. The attitude I believe we all look for, dont we?

Cant argue with that.

2) Thats a fighter who is aiming at the very top of each division every time he schedules himself a fight. We are talking the top of the division above and the division above this division.

the McGregor is so special for taking the RDA fight nonsense is going to far.
honestly TS do you think ANY other champion would say no to a great opportunity?
When Aldo was undefeated he asked for a the same conditions presented to McG and ZUFFA said no.
give the same options(challenge a category above without lose your position as champion and a huge purse )to Cormier or Rockhold and they will certainly say yes.

3) He was supposed to fight the toughest guy available at the moment who is also the champ of the division (some of you might argue that this was Khabib but at the time the RDA fight was in the works the latter was still not available)

RDA got injured, McG arguably had 3 options to pick and apparently he,or ZUFFA, chose the easiest one,Nate who have little offensive grappling,no power and out of shape(fighting shape).
if you think Nate is a better fighter then Cerrone i see no problem but you cant argue with the fact that Cerrone is close to be in fight condition,Nate isnt.

about Khabib,honestly i dont understand why people around here is so preoccupied how much marketable a fight can be with A/B/C fighter on it.i thought this was supposed to be about who is the best fighter and not about who is the most marketable.
this is ZUFFA problem,not mine.

ive seen DFW/ZUFFA put fighters on the grind for years to get a CHANCE to be in a tittle match.

McG didn't got that treatment, this depends on POV so feel free to disagree,but he got streamlined to the top.

On your comments of the second point of mine: by an opportunity you mean the toughest possible match up out of the both weight classes. A guy who is stylistical nightmare for McGregor on paper? Pettis was very very favorable match up for Aldo. Plus most importantly Aldo has never been such a big draw due to not learning ebglish for 10+ freaking yeras? dafaq? he can blame himself only.Yes, sure, every fighter looks for such an opponent. When has Rockhold called out JJ I cannot seem to recall? Did GSP fight AS? A striker. DC was a HW already and a pretty successful one too. He stays at 205 because of Cain. Truth is McG creates his own opportunities by talking AND FIGHTING big, finishing etc.

I dont see a single reason why would Conor fight Khabib. He said he's looking for the belts, if not for the biggest fights. Nurmagomedov does present stylistical problems but nothig more than that. He has been out 2 years, has a very very tough and interesting opponent in Ferguson, which fight I am really looking for. Is Khabib ducking Tony? I believe the latter beats him too. And why is no one talking about Conor vs Ferguson if objectivity is to be observed? I believe the latter is the best up and commer and will hold the belt.

I stopped reading at this grasping at straws point using Nate's win 5 years ago over Cerrone completely ignoring the fact Cowboy as been a complete workhorse/nightmare and a true take on all comers fighter since then where Nate as been in a smoke filled haze, Conor loss to Duffy some 6yrs ago and he's much improved since then but Cerrone can't? Remove your rose colored Conor glasses man...

Cerrone is a workhorse, in favorable match ups pretty interesting fighter to watch but he has picked a pretty favorable match ups himself. Are you suggesting that he's better fighter than Nate for fighting more often? That doesnt make sense. He lost to Diaz fair and square and we both know both Donald and Diaz havent really added to their skills. So whats different? They are both strikers if they collide tomorrow Donald loses again. Who cares how Nate spends his time, he just dispatched a fighter who was headed for title contention big time. Whereas Donald "won'" against Bendo and looked absolutely terrible against the champ.

uh..he has pulled out of a fight..
against jim alers...
guess u don't know shiettz

must be a twi-hard noob nuthugger

So what if he pulled out of fight? Does he pull out of his biggest fights? Dont think so

He is ducking. You might not like it, hence you made this dumb thread, but he is.

He ducked Frankie last summer and fought an out of camp Chad instead, even though Frankie had 4 consecutive wins and deserved it more. Frankie was ready, Chad wasn't.

Also, Nate's comments last night raised a lot of suspicion that there is something really fishy going on. Nate has been the pick all along for months. Wouldn't have mattered if Pettis, Khabib, Ferguson, and Cerrone weren't scheduled to fight, Nate would have been the pick regardless because Conor chose him. Conor absolutely chooses his fights. He ducks.

Chad was saying he's ready though? He gave hella competitive fight to Aldo too. It was between him and Frankie, picking either one would've meant he has ducked the other.

Then instead of Frankie Conor decided to face bigger guy who poses more problems - not only the TD threat, but the submissions which have been Conor's Achilles heal. Dont get your logic. You duck one threat to face bigger threat. Mk

And what raised suspension? RDA would sabotage his big payday you suggest? For what? If Conor was ducking he'd be the one pulling out, thought this is fairly obvious to everyone?

I think it's pretty easy to see the ducking claims. At the time of the Aldo cancellation, there was an eager Edgar that was trained and ready to go. They instead got a vacationing Mendes with two weeks training camp to come in instead. Edgar, if I recall, was higher in the ranks even at that time than Mendes. So he requested the Mendes fight over the Edgar fight.

Sounds familiar even with this Diaz fight. I see McGregor steamrolling Diaz in this fight, and I'm far from a McGregor fan. I love the Diaz brothers. But yet again, they have Khabib ready to go and they call up Diaz on a week's notice with no training camp, to fight. And this is yet again the fight that Conor wants. If you think these are guys that the UFC is just feeding McGregor and McGregor has no say so, open your eyes. McGregor has a huge say so.

Sure, you can make the claim that he was willing to fight Pettis who recently lost, Conor making fun of a now injured Edgar for not fighting claiming he wants no part of Conor, and Aldo denying the offer due to fighting a full-camped Conor with Aldo getting one week's notice, sure. But yet again, these guys are all fighting a full-camped Conor in their own weight classes (Aldo would've probably had to fight to fight at 155 due to Conor not being able to get down to 145 in a week) in a week's notice. Every single one of them has everything to lose and nothing to gain, which Conor has the opposite.

Every time it's a last minute replacement which isn't McGregor fault, he always chooses the guy with absolutely no camp. Then during the post-fight press conference, he's running off at the mouth how he's fought the best and destroyed them. He's fought an impressive roster, but not all of them were at their best. Definitely not claiming he's not talented. This is just a little out of hand for the claims he makes.

Sherdog, the only place you can challenge the champ in the weight class above and when the champ is the one who pulls out, you get accused of ducking for actually taking another fight in an even higher weight class.

Jose Aldo, of all people, was just running his mouth about taking a rematch against Conor anytime and anywhere whether or not it was for the belt. Then he gets offered the rematch and refuses. It goes to show that running his mouth doesn't force a fighter into anything.
IMO the biggest and most blatant duck ever, lost any respect for Aldo.

I think it's pretty easy to see the ducking claims. At the time of the Aldo cancellation, there was an eager Edgar that was trained and ready to go. They instead got a vacationing Mendes with two weeks training camp to come in instead. Edgar, if I recall, was higher in the ranks even at that time than Mendes. So he requested the Mendes fight over the Edgar fight.

Sounds familiar even with this Diaz fight. I see McGregor steamrolling Diaz in this fight, and I'm far from a McGregor fan. I love the Diaz brothers. But yet again, they have Khabib ready to go and they call up Diaz on a week's notice with no training camp, to fight. And this is yet again the fight that Conor wants. If you think these are guys that the UFC is just feeding McGregor and McGregor has no say so, open your eyes. McGregor has a huge say so.

Sure, you can make the claim that he was willing to fight Pettis who recently lost, Conor making fun of a now injured Edgar for not fighting claiming he wants no part of Conor, and Aldo denying the offer due to fighting a full-camped Conor with Aldo getting one week's notice, sure. But yet again, these guys are all fighting a full-camped Conor in their own weight classes (Aldo would've probably had to fight to fight at 155 due to Conor not being able to get down to 145 in a week) in a week's notice. Every single one of them has everything to lose and nothing to gain, which Conor has the opposite.

Every time it's a last minute replacement which isn't McGregor fault, he always chooses the guy with absolutely no camp. Then during the post-fight press conference, he's running off at the mouth how he's fought the best and destroyed them. He's fought an impressive roster, but not all of them were at their best. Definitely not claiming he's not talented. This is just a little out of hand for the claims he makes.
If they wanted to protect they should just have cancelled the fight, much safer than sending him to an actual fight.

So what if he pulled out of fight? Does he pull out of his biggest fights? Dont think so
don't be a butthead..
I'm responding to a post where dude says mac never pulls outta fights.

go white knight somewhere else junior

Cerrone is a workhorse, in favorable match ups pretty interesting fighter to watch but he has picked a pretty favorable match ups himself. Are you suggesting that he's better fighter than Nate for fighting more often? That doesnt make sense. He lost to Diaz fair and square and we both know both Donald and Diaz havent really added to their skills. So whats different? They are both strikers if they collide tomorrow Donald loses again. Who cares how Nate spends his time, he just dispatched a fighter who was headed for title contention big time. Whereas Donald "won'" against Bendo and looked absolutely terrible against the champ.

wtf042.gif

Favorable match ups? Dude Cowboy fights everybody favorable or not you act like he's sitting around looking at fighter profiles to see if he can best this guy or that guy. Interesting that Cowboy like Nate have called out Conor but Conor and his babysitters give Nate the lottery ticket fight one fight in 2014, 2 fights in 2013, more active on Twitter than in the cage. You keep weak ass grasping trying to act like Nick is a much more of a challenge than the very active & busy Cowboy.

Chad never said he was training all the time, that is pure bullshit. He said he doesn't mind short camps and feels he has performed well when doing short camps. Either way, what did you expect him to say? He wasn't ready? Lol

They offered him half a million to show, knowing damn well he was on a hunting trip and Edgar was in camp clamoring for the shot.

Now they get Nate in there knowing he isn't in camp and can't even make weight instead of Cerrone, because Cerrone "just got beat by the champ".

Mendes lost against Aldo more recently than Edgar, yet they went with him. Is it rankings or mmath, Dana? The answer is neither, its whoever isn't in camp, but will still take the fight for their biggest payday.

Conor is obviously a beast and looking to get as many belts as possible, but if you can't see that the ufc is intentionally trying to give him the best scenario to succeed and protect those huge title match ups you need to take off the McGoggles and open your eyes.

I have said it before, there is no justifiable reason the ufc has given him the least prepared possible option twice now, when other equally qualified and actually in camp fighters are begging to get the shot instead.

Conor had the ufc pay whatever Diaz wanted to make the fight happen because thats who he wanted to fight (watch the press conference). Do you really think Cowboy had the same stipulation?? If that isn't suspect, I don't know what is. Ufc is willing to pay "a shitload" and "a shit load more" on top of that for Diaz to take a fight he didn't want (watch the press conference again if you don't believe me), he said it himself.

Conor is obviously a beast and looking to get as many belts as possible, but if you can't see that the ufc is intentionally trying to give him the best scenario to succeed and protect those huge title match ups you need to take off the McGoggles and open your eyes.

Chad Mendes is not giving Conor the best scenario to succeed. That's a dam hard opponent. One of the hardest opponents they could have possibly given Conor as a replacement.

He had to take the RDA fight, after he ran his mouth before he even knew who he'd be fighting in that division - and let's be honest, for someone so set on moving up, he didn't half take his time to confirm that he'd move up!

Like it or not, he ducks fights. And fair enough, if Dana and co let him, why not take the easier fight? It's the UFC's fault, not his.
This post is so dumb, I don't even ... Wow. Just, wow ...

next time anyone complains about the "delusion" of Conor fans, please look at his haters first. They are far more delusional.

Conor could fight 5 champs in one night and haters will say he ducked the 6th champ.

It is quite telling when you see this kind of nit picky hatred towards a fighter. It's just the nature of the sport and the fans unfortunately.

Back