Don't Fear the Sweeper - Gifs of Great Sweeps in MMA

Old Andy one...

LimitedForkedCockroach.gif
Did Andy Tkoed that dude from the mount?

This one isn't a sweep.
Technically a reversal, and not a sweep. Fedor has him basically in Knee On Belly and the move Dan hits is very similar mechanics to a half guard single leg sweep(even though it's not from HG but from bottom KOB). He comes up on the leg and takes the back. But you are right, it is a reversal since it started from a dominant position.

Also not really a sweep and I can't find a gif but Ramos his Kimura to a back take last weekend on Nick Hein was awesome.

My all time favorite is Carlos Newton sweeping Matt Hughes from full guard to full mount, absolutely beautiful but cannot find a gif anywhere

Conor's ground game is ridiculously underrated.

People just say "He was subbed three times therefore his ground game sucks!" but considering two of those were early in his career and one was against Nate Diaz...also consider that he showed great ground skills against Holloway and swept Diaz, he's clearly underrated.

His grappling comps haven't been that impressive to watch. Think that was before training with Danis so he's probably a lot better now tbf.

I was looking for a really nice kimura sweep that Mark Hominick hit back in WEC but couldn't find a gif. I forget who the opponent was.

Second one that came to mind was Mir vs Nog II

and this amazing sweep defense:

giphy.gif

EDIT: Fight I was thinking of with Hominick was against Yves Jabouin. Kimura sweep to full mount to gnp stoppage. Beautiful stuff.

Conor's ground game is ridiculously underrated.

People just say "He was subbed three times therefore his ground game sucks!" but considering two of those were early in his career and one was against Nate Diaz...also consider that he showed great ground skills against Holloway and swept Diaz, he's clearly underrated.

Holloway was barely a blue belt and still training out of his garage. Nate wasn't grappling he was punching.

Conor's ground game isn't underrated.

GSP's pendulum sweep is as clean as they get.

Honest to God....If I was a young man training MMA....I'd spend half my time learning sweeps.

Back