Don't count Woodley out, Matt friggin Brown went 5 rounds with lawler

Woodley had better be ahead 3-1 going into round 5.

That won't help him!
Nose%2BBreak%2BStoppage%2BRobbie%2BLawler%2Bvs%2BConor%2BMcGregor%2BUFC%2B189.gif

Styles make fights.

Lawler Vs Brown was a battle of wills.

Lawler Vs Woodley will not be that. There are several ways for Robbie to win.
Woodley needs an early KO.

Lawler could get wrestlefucked and still get the split Dec...but on re note I see woodley spamming tds till he gets caught with a knee or uppercut...plus does he have the cardio for five hard rounds of grappling

Can't count out anybody in this sport, but Woodley is coming off a long layoff, which doesn't bode well. War Robbie!

His last match was the SD win over Gastellum, preceded by KO of Kim, preceded by his lost to Rory. You must be thinking of his win over Condit, which was over 2 years ago. Try actually following the sport next time you want to post on a thread.

woodley could very well wrestle his way to a decision and avoid enough damage on the feet to get the win

I believe this is one of the hardest Fights to pick. They're almost mirror images of each other.

Where does this Woodley is a beast wrestler that can take top guys down and hold them there come from? His strikeforce days where his best win came vs Jordan Mein in a fight that was so boring that one judge had Jordan winning the fight?

Woodley has a shot. In round n.1 if Lawler gets too aggresive. After that it's all Robbie. Woodley has one win vs a guy that managed to pressure him the whole fight and that was vs Gastelum who came in out of shape.

I had no doubt how dangerous Woodley is. What I do know is this. Lawler has won 4 of his last 4 fights all in 5 rounds...Can Woodley handle 5 rounds? If Woodley can't put Lawler out in 3 rounds, he's in trouble...

1. Matt Brown and Woodley are radically different fighters. How in the world does Brown vs Lawler shed any light on Lawler-Woodley?

2. Woodley may in fact try to wrestle his way to a decision, but I don't think it will work well for him. Lawler's TDD isn't perfect, but it's very good, and he is good at getting back to his feet as well. He makes wrestlers work hard, and there is reason to doubt Woodley could successfully employ such a strategy for five rounds or even three.

3. Imo, Woodley's best bet is relying on his power to get the job done early.
I agree here big woodley employs his wrestling he will likely gas hard in the later rounds. If woodley gasses, Robbie will t off on him.
Woodley is better suited for three rounders.
His cardio is average and he mentally breaks.

I'm picking Woodley in the upset. I haven't liked how passive Robbie has been in the early rounds since becoming champ, although I hope Robbie wins. I fear Woodley would be insufferable and inactive as champion.

Are you implying that going 5 rounds against Brown is a bad indicative? Fucking Sherdog. Brown would finish Woodley

Isn't there a difference between picking against someone and counting them out?

I'm picking against Woodly, but not counting him out.

Matt's pretty tough and Woodley has terrible cardio. If he cant get it done within 2 rounds Robbie wins

woodley could very well wrestle his way to a decision and avoid enough damage on the feet to get the win
Robbie has outstanding take down defense.

If Woodley beats Lawler it will be via KO or TKO.

But I forgot you are D 1 Wrestler.. the worst sherdog poster!

Woodley got KTFO out by Nate Marquartd.

I'm not counting Woodley out by any means. I just root for Lawler to win this one

Back