Don't count Woodley out, Matt friggin Brown went 5 rounds with lawler

I'm amazed so many are picking Lawler everytime even though he's the split decision king.

la-sp-ufc-lawler-condit-20160103

Breaks my heart everytime I watch the fight. :(

My point was Matt brown is slow with poor defense and likes to brawl and took little damage for 4.5 rounds

Brown has much better striking defense than Woodley imo and is also much more durable. Woodley looks like he loses heart when he gasses. Strange things happen in MMA, so you may yet be proven right, but I highly doubt Woodley survives five rounds with Lawler if the fight is a brawl.

Don't count out Woodly, but Lawler wins either way.

Lawler got beat by Condit and Hendricks in his last few fights, but the judges........................ :confused::confused::confused:

In saying that I do think he will beat Woodley though, Woodley does fade after 2nd round and he can be very tentative in the striking at times

The Hendricks vs Lawler 2 was most definitely a robbery but I don't feel bad for Hendricks at all, you know what I mean?

woodley could very well wrestle his way to a decision and avoid enough damage on the feet to get the win

Wtf does Matt "friggin" Brown mean?

Brown is a proven top 10 calibre welterweight. Going the distance with him is no indictment on Robbie whatsoever.

Brown beat Wonderboy and went the distance with Hendricks.

This thread is shit.

Lawler got beat by Condit and Hendricks in his last few fights, but the judges........................ :confused::confused::confused:

In saying that I do think he will beat Woodley though, Woodley does fade after 2nd round and he can be very tentative in the striking at times

Meh, Lawler won the second Hendricks fight. I thought Condit won pretty clearly though.

Woodley had better be ahead 3-1 going into round 5. Robbie "Round Five" Lawler takes souls in round 5.

woodley could very well wrestle his way to a decision and avoid enough damage on the feet to get the win
Been saying this since the fight got booked, everyone thinks if you're "undeserving" of the title shot that somehow means you can't win it lol

Robbie's chin is gonna go eventually too- who knows this could be the fight it happens in, an explosive guy like Woodley? He can def take it this weekend & I hope he does tbh

Its always the fights everyone's most confident in the outcome going a certain way, that turn out to be upsets it seems so we'll see !! I'm excited for the fight either way

Woodley was easily picked apart by Rory so people picking Lawler to beat him isn't all that crazy. He also hasn't fought in forever and his last match ended in a freak injury.
Rory was also easily picking lawler apart until his nose gave out. People seem to forget Rory was winning that fight by a margin.

Woodley shouldn't even have this title fight. Hasn't been relevant. Bummer about pig rig missing weight. However woodley very boring fighter and if he did win it would ruin all the momentum the WW division has. Ruthless by ruthlessly KTFO of Woodley

Matt "friggin" brown lol, yeah hes so easy to finish and is a can. GTFO.

Rory was also easily picking lawler apart until his nose gave out. People seem to forget Rory was winning that fight by a margin.

Easily picking him apart lol!

usa-today-8691559.0.jpg

Yes, Rory was winning. He had Robbie on the ropes a couple times wobbled, not an easy feat. But he lost. Again. And there was NOTHING easy about that fight for either guy, don't be ridiculous. Easy was what Rory did to Woodley.

I would bet the house on Woodley. I love Robbie Lawler but 2 out of his last 3 wins are undeserved. I also feel he is buying into his own hype about his toughness a little bit which could be a disaster with someone who hits like Woodley. I hope Lawler pulls it off, but he is a big underdog in my mind.

Matt Brown is a really, really tough guy to put away since he sured up his sub defense. He's never lost by TKO. Maia is the only guy who has subbed him since 2011.

I wasn't forgetting anything. I wholeheartedly wanted to Rory win both times they fought and he is my favourite active WW.

That said, Lawler still went full beast mode in the 5th. I find Woodley extremely gunshy and it could be his undoing in this fight.

With the amount of wars Lawler has been in recently, Woodley may crack that chin good and TKO him. Hard to say how much longer Lawler can be in wars like he has been in over his last 4 fights and continue to battle through.

Back