Don't be surprised if Conor is forced to go for the Takedown

KGmma

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Siver has the experience of a pro kickboxer. If Conor is trying to go all out with those flashy kicks and chin out, Siver might catch him. Siver is a wild man on the inside and on the outside has some of the best kicks in the division.

Power probably goes to Conor but that might not be enough.

This will be yet another example of how a kickboxing pedigree means next to nothing in MMA striking. Conor will outclass him standing.

Siver has seen these flashy spinning kicks and left hooks since the age of 5. Standup wise Siver got a good shot.

you know who else has world class kickboxing experience? Overeem

Overeem always thinks he can just knock people off. He was never the technical striker. Conor got this by high fight IQ and loaded punches. I won't be surprise if he gets beaten on stand up though. Siver has good striking as well.

Siver has been outstruck before by guys with inferior kickboxing credentials i.e. cub swanson.

Conor appears to be at least a more versatile striker than Cub, if youre not prepared to say better(I am). So I don't think it is a stretch to say conor will be fine on the feet. Siver has good fundamentals, but lacks KO power. His best chance at finishing fights standing is still with his spinning back kick, which has a small probability of landing in general and even smaller against conor. Look at the fight against Nam, Siver completely outstruck him and landed a ton of kicks/punches, but still wasn't really that close to putting him away.

Obviously he could always tag Conor on the right spot and finish him, but I don't see it being likely.

Conor KO round 2.

I think Siver has much worse standup in MMA than McGregor but we will see.

And Overeem don't get outclassed in any of his fights...

Bigfoot knock him out because he gasses the fuck out on the third round...

Browne knock him out for the same thing... Gassed...

Rothwell got tagged a lot, and connect just one shot, but was enough for that poor glass chin... Rothwell was getting outstruck as fuck...

Don't be surprised if this happens
259g6l2.jpg

Conor is bigger, younger, faster, more powerful, more athletic and more dynamic. This is a showcase fight, make no mistake. Sadly, regardless of how impressive Conor may look, his performance will do nothing to dispel the concerns regarding his legitimacy, i.e how he performs against dominant wrestlers. If Siver gives him a hard time or god forbid he loses, his hype train will be in flames.

Lol Siver is not a wild man.

McGregor is the better, longer, more powerful striker with a better chin as well.

McGregor has a speed, reach, power and boxing advantage. Siver has gone for takedowns more and more in his previous few fights, he'll be shooting early.

Back