Don't be fooled kids, it's not up to DJ whether he fights TJ or Cody, it's up to the UFC

"Negotiating tactic"

What, to make less money and be in a lower spot on the exact same card? What a power move by DJ!

Extremely skilled fighter but c'mon who can respect that? Hope Cejudo kicks this guys ass.
Why are you blaming DJ for something the TS created and pulled from his ass?

Youre right its pretty retarded on my part. But why didnt DJ take the fight? Everyonr wanted to see it and he goes and rematches Cejudo, clearly ducking TJ.
No one knows, was it offered in the first place? I wasn't in the room negotiating.

Anyone who thinks an 11-defense champion owes any 1-defense champion any kind of favour is a naive sucker.

If you think that DJs critics think that he “owes” TJ a favor then you are schizophrenic because I’ve never seen anyone say that. They feel it’s his obligation as a UFC fighter to take the best fights offered to him, and that includes super fights, catch weights, and ESPECIALLY someone coming down to your own weight class.

Promoters cannot force someone to fight. If a fighter doesn't want to fight someone and they're in a high enough position to wield a bit of power (like a world champion would be), then yes, they're responsible for the fight not happening, too.

Promoters wield the most power but they don't hold all the cards.

It's about the money.

UFC wanted him to fight for his normal purse while MM was asking for more then expect but that's just negotiation you ask for more so you can have from where to settle.

Johnson wants $1-2 million for the fight, weight is irrelevant.

Obvious negotiation tactic. In real life, in spite of what hater crybabies have said about the likes of GSP, Anderson, Woodley and DJ "ducking" opponents, UFC champions don't get to choose not to fight whoever the UFC decides is the next challenger.

Keep up.

If you think that DJs critics think that he “owes” TJ a favor then you are schizophrenic because I’ve never seen anyone say that. They feel it’s his obligation as a UFC fighter to take the best fights offered to him, and that includes super fights, catch weights, and ESPECIALLY someone coming down to your own weight class.

Only idiots think he has any "obligation as a UFC fighter" beyond what's in his contract.

Back