Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Sakuraba vs Dong Hyun Kim "Stun Gun"
Tamura vs Yushin Okami
Catch wrestling vs judo mma game
Who wins the fight?

Last edited:
Damn I thought these really are happening.

Also is it Stun Gun or the other DHK?

Last edited:
We talking prime?

If so: Saku over Dong and Okami over Tamura

Sakuraba vs Dong Hyun Kim "Stun Gun"
Tamura vs Yushin Okami
Shot wrestling vs judo mma game
Who wins the fight?

Okami handles Tamura. That's one thing clear. Tamura was extemely overrated as a fighter - and I loved watching him in UWFI so much...

The Dong vs Saku....trickier. Probably Dong is the same size, but Saku has gotten out of such tricky situation, so just judo decision machine will not really intimidate him.
I got Saku by sub.

We talking prime?

If so: Saku over Dong and Okami over Tamura

We talking about them working with their skill set in good physical shape. Call it prime

Saku vs Newton ws a entertaining fight. I dont think Saku could work all those transtitions and TDs he did on Newton. Stun Gun is pretty solid, with some unortodox offense

Last edited:
Okami handles Tamura. That's one thing clear. Tamura was extemely overrated as a fighter - and I loved watching him in UWFI so much...

The Dong vs Saku....trickier. Probably Dong is the same size, but Saku has gotten out of such tricky situation, so just judo decision machine will not really intimidate him.
I got Saku by sub.
Agreed. Judo doesn't prepare you enough for the wizardry and fuckery that Saku would bring. He might toss him around and end up with his arm broken.

Okami handles Tamura. That's one thing clear. Tamura was extemely overrated as a fighter - and I loved watching him in UWFI so much

Tamura is vey well recgnized as a shoot wrestler, but he doesnt get as much credit as he deserves as a fighter imo.
In prime physical shape he was brave and hard hitter standing, with very powerful left kick. I would say underrated in that aspect.
Very good all around grappler that even if it wasnt as effective in a fight as it was fancy in shoot matches, still pretty solid under modern mma ruleset imo. His style of fighting with GnP involved I think it could remember to Okami's actually.
I agree Okami handles Tamura in a modern mma fight. If not in the fight standing, imposing his wrestling/GnP.

I got Saku by sub.

Agreed. Judo doesn't prepare you enough for the wizardry and fuckery that Saku would bring. He might toss him around and end up with his arm broken.

I can see Saku getting the sub but Stun Gun brings to the table all around more threats than Newton, Goes or any Gracie imo.

We talking about them working with their skill set in good physical shape. Call it prime

Saku vs Newton ws a entertaining fight. I dont think Saku could work all those transtitions and TDs he did on Newton. Stun Gun is pretty solid, with some unortodox offense

Maybe not, but remember Maia had his way with Dong. At welterweight. While Sakuraba regularly outgrappled men well over 200 lbs in his prime.

I can see Saku getting the sub but Stun Gun brings to the table all around more threats than Newton, Goes or any Gracie imo.

Stun Gun brings more weapons in his arsenal...but he doesn't bring more THREATS.
He's good at his dominating game - he can win the fight on top, standing, in the clinch - but he is not a finishing threat. He can finish, but it's not his usual game.

Saku will resist. And he will resist with bad intentions. He will be not smaller than Dong, stronger than it usually seems, durable.
He will look to stop the fight in pretty much every opportunity, and these opportunities will come - because Dong Hyun is not a wrestler that rarely makes mistakes.

Maybe not, but remember Maia had his way with Dong. At welterweight. While Sakuraba regularly outgrappled men well over 200 lbs in his prime.

Yeah Saku could handle it but I think Kim has shown to be a pretty hard guy to outgrapple with dangerous striking. I also think he evolved since the Maia fight and a rematch would be different

Stun Gun brings more weapons in his arsenal...but he doesn't bring more THREATS.
He's good at his dominating game - he can win the fight on top, standing, in the clinch - but he is not a finishing threat. He can finish, but it's not his usual game.

Saku will resist. And he will resist with bad intentions. He will be not smaller than Dong, stronger than it usually seems, durable.
He will look to stop the fight in pretty much every opportunity, and these opportunities will come - because Dong Hyun is not a wrestler that rarely makes mistakes.

I would also favour Saku tmaybe even finish it but Kim is not just his cicada dominating game, Today is a legit stun gun in the feet, he throws with bad intentions. Saku could certainly resist though and find his way to a sub

Okami should defeat Tamura...

But the Stun-Gun x Saku fight is pretty interesting...
And it seems to me, that Kim's Judo is criminally underrated in here...so is his pace he used to put on guys...

Saku for sure

tumblr_oh8kjfPJPs1qd4esao1_500.gif

UnlawfulQuickAdouri.gif

tumblr_obgcrobA061u2ragso1_500.gif

tumblr_nuhrfbtAvU1qf7xjao2_250.gif

usN0CI.gif

I think Maia would have beaten him but that fight was basically a nothing-match. Kim injured himself on first takedown attempt by Maia and that was that.
I agree with most: Sakuraba over Kim and Okami over Tamura

I think Maia would have beaten him but that fight was basically a nothing-match. Kim injured himself on first takedown attempt by Maia and that was that.
I agree with most: Sakuraba over Kim and Okami over Tamura

Maia would have probably beat him but Im nor sure he would have gotten the finish. I think Maia could beat Saku as well though.

I think Saku vs Kim is hard to figure out. I can see Kim grinding at a high pace and eventually landing some unorthodox shit that can hurt anyone badly as I can see Saku pulling any crazy sub out of nowhere.

I dont see Kim lying on his back for long periods of time as Newton for example though. I think he would put a very good fight.

---

Not sure if Okami would be able to find his range and pick Tamura apart in the feet. Anyways he could rely at any moment on his grappling prowess and put Tamura on his back imo. Maybe even eventually finishing it with GnP.

Yeah Saku could handle it but I think Kim has shown to be a pretty hard guy to outgrapple with dangerous striking. I also think he evolved since the Maia fight and a rematch would be different
Judo vs cacc
Saku probably best guy to represent cacc apart from ken
Saku wins

Okami wins

If Saku doesn't get KTFO in first round with a spinning fist, he wins as well

Back