Dong Hyun Kim vs. Jorge Masvidal

Skill discrepancy is bigger than size discrepancy in this one. Masvidal will whoop him.

The Dong gotta be one of the most overrated fighters on Sherdog.

Skill discrepancy is bigger than size discrepancy in this one. Masvidal will whoop him.

How? Dong has only lost 3 times in 7 years with the UFC.

Losses to top 5 Woodley, top 5 Condit, and top 10 Maia.

How? Dong has only lost 3 times in 7 years with the UFC.

Losses to top 5 Woodley, top 5 Condit, and top 10 Maia.

He is by no means an average fighter, he is good, just not as good as most claim.

Gotta disagree with you there. The guy is a grappling stud with mediocre fight IQ and cardio. Most people recognize this. He's got wins over Erick Silva, Siyar Afghani Kickboxer, Burkman, Hathway, Amir, Nate "Shouldn't be WW" Diaz, and Paulo Thiago off of the top of my head. Oh, and Matt Brown too, back when he sucked. That resume is by no means Top 5 material, and every time he's faced a Top 5 fighter he's lost emphatically, but he is damn solid and a good fringe Top 10 athlete. I think most people realize that too.

Masvidal is a LW with mediocre power. His TDD is excellent, but DHK's grapplefucked way bigger, better grapplers. With Jorge's cardio this could get interesting in the 3rd, but for the life of me I really don't get why he moved up to 170. He's gonna be so much smaller and weaker than the majority of guys in the division! I've always thought he had what it takes to go on a serious run at LW (not quite champion level, but close) and besides getting robbed against Iaquinta he's been on fire at 155 for a while now. Has he stated why 170 is his new home, cuz I really don't get it.

this card is looking sick for a free event...

Long enough for what? Jorge isn't exactly the most powerful striker and he lacks urgency in his stand up.

Dong has this all day.

I had that impression about masvidal too, ever since I first saw him fight against semtex a while back.

BUT Jorge violently KOd that Brazilian guy who had cut down from middleweight, can't remember his name but he is pretty legit from what I remember.

Hopefully it's a sign of things to come for masvidal. Those elbows he used to KO the other dude in his last fight were NASTY.

I had that impression about masvidal too, ever since I first saw him fight against semtex a while back.

BUT Jorge violently KOd that Brazilian guy who had cut down from middleweight, can't remember his name but he is pretty legit from what I remember.

Hopefully it's a sign of things to come for masvidal. Those elbows he used to KO the other dude in his last fight were NASTY.

Mutante had one of the worst chins in MMA. Typical gym champion whose chin couldn't hold up

Masvidal had cardio for days cutting down to 55 and he has great grappling defense along with striking at a clearly higher level than Kim. It seems like a fairly favourable matchup for Masvidal at a weight where I don't think he should stay for too long.

Dong by decision

Gotta disagree with you there. The guy is a grappling stud with mediocre fight IQ and cardio. Most people recognize this. He's got wins over Erick Silva, Siyar Afghani Kickboxer, Burkman, Hathway, Amir, Nate "Shouldn't be WW" Diaz, and Paulo Thiago off of the top of my head. Oh, and Matt Brown too, back when he sucked. That resume is by no means Top 5 material, and every time he's faced a Top 5 fighter he's lost emphatically, but he is damn solid and a good fringe Top 10 athlete. I think most people realize that too.

Masvidal is a LW with mediocre power. His TDD is excellent, but DHK's grapplefucked way bigger, better grapplers. With Jorge's cardio this could get interesting in the 3rd, but for the life of me I really don't get why he moved up to 170. He's gonna be so much smaller and weaker than the majority of guys in the division! I've always thought he had what it takes to go on a serious run at LW (not quite champion level, but close) and besides getting robbed against Iaquinta he's been on fire at 155 for a while now. Has he stated why 170 is his new home, cuz I really don't get it.

Masvidal said in a Interview that he walks around at 180 and that the cut to 155 was too much without an IV.

I think Dong has this. Whoever says he is Over rated is wrong. He is 11-3 in the UFC, has had one of the most successful careers outside of champs for his weightclass. I think Dong learned in the Woodley fight not to be all as crazy and to use his grappling. I think if dong throws some good shots standing to setup his grappling, he is a tough fight for most guys in his division. Also one of his losses (Maia) was an injury in like the first minute of the fight.

Does Masvidal have great ko power? if not he lose. Non-k1 DHK's point game is I believe on par with Maia

Jorge is going to punish DHK and get a finish late in the fight. It will be his WW breakthrough party, and many of you Sherbros will jump of the wagon and rightfully so.

Does Masvidal have great ko power? if not he lose. Non-k1 DHK's point game is I believe on par with Maia

If by "point game" you mean ground game, you're wrong. Maia has better takedowns and a far better ground game. Both have poor gas tanks, although, I'd probably say Kim's is shittier. Masvidal has very good takedown defense and is a very good scrambler.

If by "point game" you mean ground game, you're wrong. Maia has better takedowns and a far better ground game. Both have poor gas tanks, although, I'd probably say Kim's is shittier. Masvidal has very good takedown defense and is a very good scrambler.

But DHK is one of the bigger WW and Masvidal's tdd won't be a problem for dhk imo

If he really wanted I think he could take him down whenever he wants and keep him there for 3 rounds to a ud. But we'll see how it plays out cuz Horhey is no slouch

Back