Dong Haters: Show yourselves and Repent

Lol I actually have always enjoyed Dong's fights (except for the Siyar fight, that shit was awful, more due to Siyar having no wrestling though) but he looked sloppy tonight...his like bull rush made Brock Lesnar cringe.

DHK was a G tonight. But I don't base my opinion of a fighter on 1 fight. Even the most exciting fighters have a boring fight at some point, and even the most boring fighters have an exciting fight at some point. So he's still boring in my book, for the moment. A couple more fights like this, and I'll be willing to change my opinion.

I like his smothering style. His grappling is legit.

But I dont like sloppy smothering styles.

always believed in the power of the Dong.

There's nothing to repent for. DHK is normally a pointfighter/staller. He was more threatening tonight because he saw Okami get cut like he alluded to in an interview. Then he got the finish. I think it's great he finally got a finish and I'll give him all the credit in the world for that. However, all it shows is that the excuses that "I try hard to finish but some opponents are just too tough" that pointfighters make are just a bunch of BS. In reality getting finishes is just about focusing on trying to finish over trying to win by position. Still, very nice job by Dong.

I hate dong. lucky punch.

1337388687439.jpg

So many butthurt brazilians. I love it. Lol!

People debating whether the punch was lucky or not really depends on your definition IMO. Was it unexpected and highly unlikely? Hell yes. But that punch was set up perfect. The only debatable part of "luck" comes from the fault of Erick Silva standing RIGHT in the pocket, hands down loading up thinking Kim had no offense as he threw a shitty cross with zero head movement while Kim, as Florini said, timed his cross better and moved his head off center.

Basically, it wasn't so much "luck" for DHK, but more so Silva fucking up by getting to complacent in the pocket and getting KTFO'd for that mistake.

If it's on a Brazilian, yes.

LOL.

Seriously though.
People need to class up and respect the fighters and appreciate their extensive training.
If you ever trained for fights, you'd know that not many things in a fight is lucky.
Punches that look lucky are all still products of training and repetition.
It went that way because it's in their muscle memory.
I'm not saying that lucky punches never happen. They do.
But 99% of things that happen in a fight happen as a result of training
and true lucky punches rarely happen.
When you punch, you concentrate the power at one point of impact in the arc of swing which means the whole swing doesn't have the same power from the beginning to the end.
It's very hard for a lucky arc of a swing to meet the impact point with the desired power that can knock someone out. Whether you slipped your head very low or you closed your eyes, it doesn't matter. It traveled the intended course and met the intended target at the intended point. That's not lucky.

He fought differently from his entire career because he knew his style was going to get him cut.

I like his smothering style. His grappling is legit.

But I dont like sloppy smothering styles.

Agree.
I don't mind smothering wrestle fuck but I don't like tired one.
Dong needs to improve his cardio or he won't go far.

Lol Silva doing what I figured he would... The guy has no fight iq at all. He is explosive and fun to watch but isn't going anywhere. Dong is a much better fighter than Silva could ever hope to be.

He fought differently from his entire career because he knew his style was going to get him cut.

Actually not entire career though.
That's how he used to fight in Deep before he came to UFC.
He used to knock people out left and right.

After he came to UFC, he wanted to make money and play it safe.

Agree.
I don't mind smothering wrestle fuck but I don't like tired one.
Dong needs to improve his cardio or he won't go far.

He's gone 9-2 in the UFC... he seems to be pretty successful as is. I agree he needs to improve his cardio, but the body shots probably took a lot out of him, not to mention he fought a frenetic pace. The only guys to beat him were Condit and Maia, some of the best in his weight class.

He's gone 9-2 in the UFC... he seems to be pretty successful as is. I agree he needs to improve his cardio, but the body shots probably took a lot out of him, not to mention he fought a frenetic pace. The only guys to beat him were Condit and Maia, some of the best in his weight class.

That's exactly what I'm saying.
I want Dong to fight GSP.
I wish he would become the first Korean champion.

But if he doesn't get cut, he will just be a gatekeeper.
That's not going far in my books.
That's just surviving.
With his current cardio, there's no way he can handle GSP's pace.
He won't be able to win over the top top tier WWs.

Showing some of that Stun Gun he posses. Which he mainly showed in Japan and Korea.

Back