donald trump is surging

He looks presidential...

trump-hair.jpg

11214242_10100642519867141_1865604589451558805_n-623x630.jpg

But Trump is still unlikely to win the GOP nomination. His polling lead is small, his plurality stuck in the mid-twenties, and his unfavorables within the party are high.

The last time I looked at the betting odds he was still only the third or fourth most likely GOP candidate to win the nomination.

Once the establishment candidates (Jeb, Rubio, Kasich, Christie, Graham, etc.) start to clear out of the race, the establishment vote will begin to gather around a single establishment candidate and at that point Trump will likely be squeezed out of the nomination - slowly, painfully, but most likely inexorably.

I'm kind of surprised that he's having so much success with Republicans considering that he's isn't very much of a conservative on most issues, just goes to show that it isn't what you say it's how you say it.

If you look at his polling support, it's not coming mostly from conservatives.

I'm kind of surprised that he's having so much success with Republicans considering that he's isn't very much of a conservative on most issues, just goes to show that it isn't what you say it's how you say it.

Should be pretty obvious by now a majority of GOP voters are mindless idiots.

Trump saying hes too cool to be politically correct probably gets about 80% of them horny.

If you look at his polling support, it's not coming mostly from conservatives.

I'm not really too familiar with who is voting for Trump in most of these polls but I do recall that his support was really high (20-40%) among Democrats, but I think that was mainly because they view him as a soft target in the General election.

But Trump is still unlikely to win the GOP nomination. His polling lead is small, his plurality stuck in the mid-twenties, and his unfavorables within the party are high.

The last time I looked at the betting odds he was still only the third or fourth most likely GOP candidate to win the nomination.

Once the establishment candidates (Jeb, Rubio, Kasich, Christie, Graham, etc.) start to clear out of the race, the establishment vote will begin to gather around a single establishment candidate and at that point Trump will likely be squeezed out of the nomination - slowly, painfully, but most likely inexorably.

You're assuming the establishment candidates can agree which one of them stays in, while the others all bow out.

I'm not really too familiar with who is voting for Trump in most of these polls but I do recall that his support was really high (20-40%) among Democrats, but I think that was mainly because they view him as a soft target in the General election.

From today's NYT:

A review of public polling, extensive interviews with a host of his supporters in two states and a new private survey that tracks voting records all point to the conclusion that Mr. Trump has built a broad, demographically and ideologically diverse coalition, constructed around personality, not substance, that bridges demographic and political divides. In doing so, he has effectively insulated himself from the consequences of startling statements that might instantly doom rival candidates.

It's not just conservatives. Trump is pulling in a lot of people who are only lightly interested in politics. The GOP establishment may regret all their talk about a big tent.

hope not

all liberals need to switch to republican party and vote for trump in the primaries

that's what I'll be doing anyways

You're assuming the establishment candidates can agree which one of them stays in, while the others all bow out.

Establishment candidates don't like to look like losers, unlike more ideological candidates such as Ralph Nader or Ron Paul, guys who will run just to disseminate their ideas.

If Christie and Kasich don't put on a decent showing in either Iowa or New Hampshire, they're gone.

If either Jeb or Rubio look set to lose big in their home state of Florida, they'll bow out before it happens. (The last Florida poll I saw had Rubio in fourth place behind Trump, Jeb, and Carson.)

This happens every election. It's not like I'm saying something new or exciting. This is what happens in every election.

Building a wall is absolutely possible. Making Mexico pay for it one way or another is absolutely possible. Im not sure why some people think these things just cant be done. Maybe its because you have been lied to for so long about how possible stopping illegal immigration is. Its obvious that for a long time neither party has made a legitimate effort because they both benefit from it.

As far as his language, he hasnt really said anything outrageous as has been reported. Sure he doesnt have a political filter, but do we want that anymore ? Do we want a president who panders to every special groups feelings while ignoring what is good for the country ? Who is afraid to say the truth for fear of political fallout ?

Building a wall along the border is so unreasonable. The border isn't just flat land going from the pacific to the gulf. People have houses right on the border. you aren't going to stop illegal immigration. You just can't stop it. They tried an experiment in Alabama and that shit failed. U.S. Citizens couldn't harvest the crops like Mexicans. Most quit and the ones that tried to stick it out couldn't get the job done.

Then you have big corporations that recruit Mexicans, they hire smugglers to bring them illegal immigrants, smuggle them in, house them and work them. Some places won't hire US citizens at all. They don't under pay these guys either, but they don't have to pay all the benefits that U.S. Citizens demand. And U.S. Citizens don't work as hard. There are so many complexities to the illegal immigration debate it's stupid to spew out bullshit, like build a wall, hire more border patrol agents, that shit is stupid and it's not so simple.

Building a wall along the border is so unreasonable. The border isn't just flat land going from the pacific to the gulf. People have houses right on the border. you aren't going to stop illegal immigration. You just can't stop it. They tried an experiment in Alabama and that shit failed. U.S. Citizens couldn't harvest the crops like Mexicans. Most quit and the ones that tried to stick it out couldn't get the job done.

Then you have big corporations that recruit Mexicans, they hire smugglers to bring them illegal immigrants, smuggle them in, house them and work them. Some places won't hire US citizens at all. They don't under pay these guys either, but they don't have to pay all the benefits that U.S. Citizens demand. And U.S. Citizens don't work as hard. There are so many complexities to the illegal immigration debate it's stupid to spew out bullshit, like build a wall, hire more border patrol agents, that shit is stupid and it's not so simple.

You CAN stop illegal immigration if you WANT to.....

he obviously meant trump power, not white power. [YT]c4_UiUrRcbg[/YT]

How is Trump a 'successful businessman' if hes declared bankruptcy 4X?

He was a miserable failure as a real estate developer and hands on property manager.

In terms of self-promotion, he's a fucking genius. The guy's businesses went bankrupt multiple times and he was only kept above water by his inheritance, yet he's managed to create an entire brand around his business acumen. He licenses his name to the people who actually own and operate "his" properties around the world and gets paid a shitload of money without having actively manage any of the projects. The whole thing is fucking mind-boggling.

Last edited:
You CAN stop illegal immigration if you WANT to.....

...yeah by going after the businesses who hire them. That's something that no Republican candidate including Trump is ever going to do.

Trump is running on an anti-illegal immigration platform, but there are illegals working on all of the building sites that he's licensed his name to.

He can't be bought,he can't be influenced,pc be damned...he's the Trumpanator!

LOL @ "can't be bought." This motherfucker will put his name on anything for enough cash.

[YT]OdY31mDsBmU[/YT]

[YT]LyONt_ZH_aw[/YT]

[YT]KYxHLhsRyTA[/YT]

Back