Donald Trump Billionaire Cabinet For Economic Growth

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
It looks like Donald Trump wants to appoint super successful self made billionaires to head his economic agenda. He has already hinted that Jack Welch and Warren Buffett be on it. He has also hinted they don't have to be from one party.

He wants a diverse set of opinions. I believe these guys ether rose to the top of a company or started a company. I believe he is not looking for people that inherited their family business. I also think he wants people with a long history of success not just overnight success.

I may not like the guy but he is moving from campaign talking points to drawing up a strategy. People may laugh at the idea of Buffett excepting a cabinet post but it's not like he has to be in Washington all the time.

I also gather that he wants people with military and government background but more public sector experience. Meaning not people who spent their lives 15 minutes from the capital.

In other Trump is serious news is Mike Huckabee said in Iowa you cannot look anywhere without seeing Trump staff canvassing an area. It really looks like you could seriously see some concrete ideas today from Donald.

http://www.businessinsider.com/dona...tt-cainbet-carl-icahn-henry-kravis-jack-welch
http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...e648f0-42bf-11e5-8ab4-c73967a143d3_story.html

Last edited:
so instead of a government bought and paid by big business, he wants big business to become the government. at least he is honest about it.

Yea, because being a billionaire is all you need to serve as secretary of state or defense.

I still think Trump is a plant candidate. He'll run to siphon votes from the GOP and give the Democrats the presidency.

On an off topic note though, the Trumpweb chrome extension made that OP the most hilarious thing in existence.

(go to the url so you can zoom in)
http://i.imgur.com/eqf79xW.png

Hah! A democratic platform of plutocracy... if anything could revive communism...

The article mentions two wealthy jews Icahn and Kravis. If Trump is elected will we be fighting more wars or starting proxy wars in the Mid East on behalf of Israel?

The article mentions two wealthy jews Icahn and Kravis. If Trump is elected will we be fighting more wars or starting proxy wars in the Mid East on behalf of Israel?

Ugh.

The race to the bottom is underway...

I really feel like if this wasnt Trump and it was someone young who people werent familiar with yet people would be much more receptive of him and what he is saying. Negotiating trade deals that actually benefit the people instead of big business and foreign countries. Putting a halt to illegal immigration by actually trying to, instead of promoting it through bullshit policy as Obama has done basically outsourcing Americans. Hes the least hawkish out of everyone on both sides of the isle save for maybe Sanders and Paul. I mean having someone who isnt going to bring us into more wars is a pretty big one on the presidential wish list right ? Probably the biggest for me which means most other choices are out the window at this point. He isnt bought and paid for as every other candidate is. All the rest will have debt to pay in the form of political favors to those who funded their campaign, not Trump. He owes no one for his campaign. Arent these all good things ? Do we mock or even hate him just because his name is Trump ?

Donald Trump is seriously considering having Warren Buffet on a council of economic growth?

Most of Buffet's fortune was 'earned' with shady deals with banks and cronism with federal grants and loans.

I'm open to a Trump nomination, but with ignorant statements like this about Buffet, it makes me fearful.

Donald Trump is seriously considering having Warren Buffet on a council of economic growth?

Most of Buffet's fortune was 'earned' with shady deals with banks and cronism with federal grants and loans.

I'm open to a Trump nomination, but with ignorant statements like this about Buffet, it makes me fearful.

You're debunking the Buffet myth. It is forbidden to debunk the myth!!

Jack Welch who once said in an interview with Charlie Rose, when Charlie asked him if he thought the fact the average CEO was making 200x (at the time) as much as his baseline workers, said, "It's really isn't enough." He defended golden parachutes for failed CEO's in that same interview as necessary as part of the enticement packages necessary to attract the talent that he was so utterly convinced was worth even more than it is currently being rewarded in today's corporate environment.

most of buffet's fortune was 'earned' with shady deals with banks and cronism with federal grants and loans.

lol!

Jack Welch who once said in an interview with Charlie Rose, when Charlie asked him if he thought the fact the average CEO was making 200x (at the time) as much as his baseline workers, said, "It's really isn't enough." He defended golden parachutes for failed CEO's in that same interview as necessary as part of the enticement packages necessary to attract the talent that he was so utterly convinced was worth even more than it is currently being rewarded in today's corporate environment.

I know a guy who worked with Welch. His wife was in the hospital for heart surgery and he was taking off work to be there with her, and Welch wanted him to come in to work on something. He explained the situation, and Welch said to him, "you're not performing the fucking surgery yourself, are you?" He said he made up his mind to quit on the spot and did it about a week later.

lol!

I know a guy who worked with Welch. His wife was in the hospital for heart surgery and he was taking off work to be there with her, and Welch wanted him to come in to work on something. He explained the situation, and Welch said to him, "you're not performing the fucking surgery yourself, are you?" He said he made up his mind to quit on the spot and did it about a week later.

Sounds made up

Um, OK. It's not. This guy is like 80, and his wife was with him when he told me.

That's really weird. I know Jack Welch's former assistant who just now retired and had sat in on every business conversation that Welch ever had, and he said that never happened. He wouldn't lie.

Lol Ya we need more billionaires and ex CEOS running things in this country.

Next thing I know he'll advocate these people to be the heads of all the regulatory agencies.

Oh wait we already have had that and look how well it all turned out for the middle class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back