Donald Trump and the gullible right wing.

Between the USA's economic turnaround and things like the establishment of the ACA, it does seem looking back on it that the Hope was justified and some impressive Change has happened.

Garbage. The ACA has just doubled down on an insurance based HC system, and screwed millions out of their plans.

Yeah, hope and change was not rhetoric at all... oh libs.

Sure every politician use rhetoric. Im only pointing out that Donald Trump haven't given us any substance in his Campaign whatsoever. And still he leads the republican polls by a large margin.

Comparing Donald trump to Obama is just dishonest in my mind. Obama isn't a crazy person like all of the republican nominees.

Oh, that's ridiculous. It was a negative factor for him.

No point arguing that. It falls under the trope that if such and such wasn't the politically correct person/response/thing then everyone would admit how much they dislike it but they're too scared to be honest. Or it's variant: People only support it because it's the politically correct person/response/thing.

Some people cannot accept that "politically correct" positions might also be the most popular position and have settled into a world of contrarianism.

The Democrats have controlled the black vote for decades at this point and I doubt non-black voters that didn't support his positions changed their entire ideologies just because of his race.

Maybe some of these non 1% voters remember what it was like before we had millions upon millions of illegal aliens fuck this country up (been to California lately bro?)? Maybe some of these non 1% voters remember a world where everything wasn't made in China and was built to last? Maybe some of these fuckers remember when working for a living was still more profitable than sitting on your ass?

Donald Trump strikes a note with people that think this country sucks because we're too fucking nice. Our government theses days is like a shitty parent that spoils it's kids.

Here's an $8000 tax return for being too fucking stupid and irresponsible to use birth control......

Come on over to our country and suck it dry, but don't worry about any consequences because we don't enforce rules over here.....

Let's make a deal! We''ll buy all your shit, but not require you to buy any of ours......

You're part of the problem if you can't understand why Trump's balls are getting people's attention.

I don't support Trump, but I see why he is getting it. No one else wants to bring these valid issues to the table.

Maybe some of these non 1% voters remember what it was like before we had millions upon millions of illegal aliens fuck this country up (been to California lately bro?)? Maybe some of these non 1% voters remember a world where everything wasn't made in China and was built to last? Maybe some of these fuckers remember when working for a living was still more profitable than sitting on your ass?

Donald Trump strikes a note with people that think this country sucks because we're too fucking nice. Our government theses days is like a shitty parent that spoils it's kids.

Here's an $8000 tax return for being too fucking stupid and irresponsible to use birth control......

Come on over to our country and suck it dry, but don't worry about any consequences because we don't enforce rules over here.....

Let's make a deal! We''ll buy all your shit, but not require you to buy any of ours......

You're part of the problem if you can't understand why Trump's balls are getting people's attention.

Does your "the sky is falling" rhetoric actually work on anyone? The golden age was back in the 50

Garbage. The ACA has just doubled down on an insurance based HC system, and screwed millions out of their plans.

The reason they had to settle for this shitty plan was because the republicans wouldn't let them use any other plan. This was the plan that Republicans wanted.

The reason they had to settle for this shitty plan was because the republicans wouldn't let them use any other plan. This was the plan that Republicans wanted.

I don't care whose shitty plan it is. It's garbage. Obama enacted it, so he owns it now.

Sure every politician use rhetoric. Im only pointing out that Donald Trump haven't given us any substance in his Campaign whatsoever. And still he leads the republican polls by a large margin.

Comparing Donald trump to Obama is just dishonest in my mind. Obama isn't a crazy person like all of the republican nominees.

Obama didn't give any substance other than hope and change.
Every politician uses rhetoric and fill in words. It's not exclusive to one party or candidate.

unlike libtards who vote for a guy because he's black

Don't worry, Obama is going to pay their rent.

What really gets me is the huge number of people who can't comprehend that both sides are playing them like a fiddle. That both sides are untrustworthy. That both sides are lying and manipulative. That both sides support their corporate interests. That both sides support the continued building and use of the war machine.

But yea, I'm sure somehow the Republicans are better than the Democrats and the Democrats are better then the Republicans. All it does is pit American against American. We have to relearn how to just be Americans, fuck all the Republican vs. Democrat nonsense because this whole situation where Republicans fling shit at Democrats and Democrats fling it right back, like this thread for example, is absurd.

No point arguing that. It falls under the trope that if such and such wasn't the politically correct person/response/thing then everyone would admit how much they dislike it but they're too scared to be honest. Or it's variant: People only support it because it's the politically correct person/response/thing.

Some people cannot accept that "politically correct" positions might also be the most popular position and have settled into a world of contrarianism.

The Democrats have controlled the black vote for decades at this point and I doubt non-black voters that didn't support his positions changed their entire ideologies just because of his race.

To be fair (and do know that I'm obviously on your side here), while black voting percentages were fairly similar to previous years, black turnout had increased. Also, to be fair, black turnout had been steadily rising each year since 1996. Interestingly, though, despite the common adage that black turnout surge helped him against Romney, the increase in turnout actually simmered that year and rose at the lowest rate in two decades (though, sure, the higher you get, the more modest you'll increase).

Don't worry, Obama is going to pay their rent.

What really gets me is the huge number of people who can't comprehend that both sides are playing them like a fiddle. That both sides are untrustworthy. That both sides are lying and manipulative. That both sides support their corporate interests. That both sides support the continued building and use of the war machine.

But yea, I'm sure somehow the Republicans are better than the Democrats and the Democrats are better then the Republicans. All it does is pit American against American. We have to relearn how to just be Americans, fuck all the Republican vs. Democrat nonsense because this whole situation where Republicans fling shit at Democrats and Democrats fling it right back, like this thread for example, is absurd.

I agree. We are a corporatocracy. This county is for sale to the highest bidder.

To be fair (and do know that I'm obviously on your side here), while black voting percentages were fairly similar to previous years, black turnout had increased. Also, to be fair, black turnout had been steadily rising each year since 1996. Interestingly, though, despite the common adage that black turnout surge helped him against Romney, the increase in turnout actually simmered that year and rose at the lowest rate in two decades (though, sure, the higher you get, the more modest you'll increase).

That's true, but the increase in black turnout between 2004 and 2008 and then in 2012 wasn't what I'd call a material percentage of the overall turnout. The best data I can find has an estimated 16.6 million black voters in 2012 vs. 16.3 million in 2008, and that's out of 129.1 million total voters. Overall, non-whites (note that all major minority groups supported Obama by a big margin) were 26.4% of voters, compared to 33.9% of American adults.

Another interesting thing: highly educated whites overwhelmingly voted for Obama, and white working class voters were split pretty evenly around the country except in the South, where they overwhelmingly favored Romney for some reason.

If we really look deeply at the numbers, I think it's pretty clear that Obama being black was a net negative for him, but not a big one.

Oh, that's ridiculous. It was a negative factor for him.

Jack, I'm curious...

Now that the president has nearly completed his second and final term I think we have a full and fair picture of his record, if not his legacy.

So, a couple questions if I may.

Which policy position of Obama's do you consider too far to the right for your liking? If you can think of more than one, just cite the one that tops your list.

Which policy position of Obama's do you consider too far to the left? Again, if more than one, just give the most profound example.

Just interested in your personal political opinions here. There're no right or wrong answers. Thanks!

Jack, I'm curious...

Now that the president has nearly completed his second and final term I think we have a full and fair picture of his record, if not his legacy.

So, a couple questions if I may.

Which policy position of Obama's do you consider too far to the right for your liking? If you can think of more than one, just cite the one that tops your list.

Which policy position of Obama's do you consider too far to the left? Again, if more than one, just give the most profound example.

Just interested in your personal political opinions here. There're no right or wrong answers. Thanks!
this calls for a thread son

Back