Donald Trump and English

Horse Style

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
From what I've seen, he's the only person whose primary language is English yet needs a line of people to explain what he means every time he speaks. Can any of the Trump supporters on this forum explain that? Even the Diaz brothers are understandable once you bring in subtitles but Trump always needs someone to explain what he means.

I'm sure some people are going to talk about the biased liberal media and how they are unfair, but even Fox News don't know what he's talking about sometimes and there is no liberal bias there.

I haven't seen any past Republican presidential candidates needing an interpreter all the time. Not even McCain/Palin. I mention them because they pushed that "I'm a maverick" narrative a lot which is essentially anti-establishment much like Trump.

My favorite part about his whole campaign is the way he and his hoard bash the "liberal media" who only have to report things he actually says to make him look like a buffoon.

He's a rich democrat who has millions of uneducated morons believing he's a conservative republican looking out for the working man. It's such a bizarre election.

I just lol when for the umpteenth time someone has to come on the news to explain what Trump really meant.

You might as well just have an interpreter walk around with him like Jose Aldo at press conferences.

I agree, it's bad. Still better than Crooked Hillary though. Imagine if she gets elected......

I agree, it's bad. Still better than Crooked Hillary though. Imagine if she gets elected......
I keep hearing people say "oh man, can you imagine if she wins". What exactly is so terrifying about her winning? Are you one of those people who thinks she's going to ban guns and come knocking on your door to collect?

It's called rhetoric. People do it all the time.

When people shit talk Christanity, they talk about how Christians want to eat the flesh of a jewish zombie, and how they believe in an invisible man in the sky and other such colorful exaggerations.

When people talk shit about police shootings, they oversimplify by saying, for example, Eric Garner was "executed" just for selling cigarettes.

That's just provocative speaking. How is that different than "Obama is the founder of ISIS"? We know what he means... He's just putting an exclamation mark on it with some provocative wording.

In any case, it's not like Hillary doesn't have to constantly go back and explain "what she meant" every time she gets caught in a bold faced lie.

Most of us are not voting for Trump but against Hillary.

I keep hearing people say "oh man, can you imagine if she wins". What exactly is so terrifying about her winning? Are you one of those people who thinks she's going to ban guns and come knocking on your door to collect?

Well, Obama destroyed America and we are now living in a hellish dystopia while the rest of the world laughs at us, right? I assume Hillary will just continue down that path and the entire continent will sink into the sea. But not because of that mythical climate change, because of liberal policies! And demons.

It's called rhetoric. People do it all the time.

When people shit talk Christanity, they talk about how Christians want to eat the flesh of a jewish zombie, and how they believe in an invisible man in the sky and other such colorful exaggerations.

When people talk shit about police shootings, they oversimplify by saying, for example, Eric Garner was "executed" just for selling cigarettes.

That's just provocative speaking. How is that different than "Obama is the founder of ISIS"? We know what he means... He's just putting an exclamation mark on it with some provocative wording.

In any case, it's not like Hillary doesn't have to constantly go back and explain "what she meant" every time she gets caught in a bold faced lie.
lol wat

I'm talking about the fact that for everything he says, he needs someone to come onto a News show and explain what he meant like he's a child. Rhetoric is something every politician uses yet the other presidential candidates now and in the recent past didn't need an interpreter 24/7

So have you read the democratic platform she is running on.

Preventing Gun Violence
With 33,000 Americans dying every year, Democrats believe that we must finally take sensible action to address gun violence. While responsible gun ownership is part of the fabric of many communities, too many families in America have suffered from gun violence. We can respect the rights of responsible gun owners while keeping our communities safe. To build on the success of the lifesaving Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, we will expand and strengthen background checks and close dangerous loopholes in our current laws; repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (PLCAA) to revoke the dangerous legal immunity protections gun makers and sellers now enjoy; and keep weapons of war—such as assault weapons and large capacity ammunition magazines (LCAM's)—off our streets. We will fight back against attempts to make it harder for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives to revoke federal licenses from law breaking gun dealers, and ensure guns do not fall into the hands of terrorists, intimate partner abusers, other violent criminals, and those with severe mental health issues. There is insufficient research on effective gun prevention policies, which is why the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention must have the resources it needs to study gun violence as a public health issue.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/papers_pdf/117717.pdf

Double speak for going after legal gun owners and the ability to bankrupt legal gun manufactures.

I take it you're young. Before we started feelings the effects of NAFTA (signed by William J. Clinton), we had lots of manufacturing in this country, lots of jobs and a lot more national pride.

The corruption from the wikileaks should really make you worried, if not read into it.

I also don't like the mentality exhibited by the left of "give a man a fish" welfare nonsense, making people slaves to the system. I prefer the "teach a man to fish" freedom that is given by more jobs.

So have you read the democratic platform she is running on.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/papers_pdf/117717.pdf

Double speak for going after legal gun owners and the ability to bankrupt legal gun manufactures.
I was going to ask you what part of what you quoted shows she's going to arbitrarily go after legal gun owners and gun manufacturers, but this isn't a Hillary Clinton thread. It's a Trump thread.

I know it's a kneejerk reaction for Trump supporters to go "but, but Hillary did this!" whenever they are asked about Trump

Most of us are not voting for Trump but against Hillary.
And what is the justification for that? You are a big fan of massive tax cuts for the wealthy (which will add trillions to the deficit)? His clear incompetence on foreign policy? His clear incompetence on the economy? Bigotry? What?

I get it, you're voting for the "lesser of two evils" but it is completely indefensible to say that Trump is the lesser of two evils. In what areas do you think Trump excels over Hillary?

I take it you're young. Before we started feelings the effects of NAFTA (signed by William J. Clinton), we had lots of manufacturing in this country, lots of jobs and a lot more national pride.

The corruption from the wikileaks should really make you worried, if not read into it.

I also don't like the mentality exhibited by the left of "give a man a fish" welfare nonsense, making people slaves to the system. I prefer the "teach a man to fish" freedom that is given by more jobs.
Save the "democrats just want to give people hand-outs" and "republicans want to create jobs" rhetoric for the appropriate thread.

lol wat

I'm talking about the fact that for everything he says, he needs someone to come onto a News show and explain what he meant like he's a child. Rhetoric is something every politician uses yet the other presidential candidates now and in the recent past didn't need an interpreter 24/7

So you're asking why the media is constantly dissecting everything that comes out of his mouth? Uhh, yea I don't have an answer for that.

These are the same people trying to ignite a race war, after all. I can only speculate as to their motives. Oh shoot, there's that silly rhetoric again. Let me know if you need me to explain what I meant about the media's recent race baiting. I know you'd be asking if Trump said it.

Of course Trump is using an extremely slimy technique whereby he says offensive or stupid shit that his fanatics want to hear but in a way that he can backtrack or double down on, depending on the backlash or support. It's a cowardly way of avoiding the responsibility of the things he says.

People like the TS are pointing out that people are catching on to his bullshit.

Back